Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ah, yes, my first wad. Another video game converted into Doom 2. It's a wad about Doom monsters in Megaman X's world. I'm still trying to learn how to use WADAuthor and still working on it. Tell me what you guys think

I think the only way you could pull this off is if you use ZDoom's hub feature so you could choose which boss to fight first. You could also make bosses more susceptible to one kind of weapon after you get it from another boss through scripting. I haven't really looked into editing with ZDoom, however, so I'm not sure what's possible.

I planned on using Zdoom scripting because I'm going to add Megaman robots and some bosses without replacing doom monsters. Except for the SS Soldier, that, I'm gonna replace. and I was going to make it that some of the bosses give you weapons after defeating them.

By the way, here is a screenshot

It's a little big, I have to add, and I haven't completed replacing the wall and floor textures.
What do you think?

ROFL, BRILLIANT level design there

Some of those sprites arent TOO Bad, might want to add a bit of basic shading though, like a little bit of darkness near edges. Would give the sprites a more cartoony look, if megaman games are supposed to have a cartoony look that is, never played them

Not bad. You should make the sprites look less MSpainty and more realistic...y... like the other doom sprites. That would look nice. Also, angle the sprite for the buster cannon because it currently looks like he's aiming upwards rather than forwards.

Heh, if you can implement Dr. Light capsules, then I'd definitely play this.

Not too bad for a start, actually. Is this going to follow the plot of one of the X games, or is it totally original?

Good luck.

It's an original storyline, somewhere after X7, where doom monsters enter a portal and take over his world. his allies, Zero, and Axl will play a role in this. It will also have different surroundings, such as city, forest, sewers, ice, etc. I'm also going to go either all 32 levels or higher, depends on how many levels I plan on putting in. I've replaced Soulspheres and Megaspheres with Energy Tanks. Radiation Suits, Beserks, Invisibility, Invincibility with many types of armor. The fist and Chainsaw will be replaced with the X-Sabre and a Drill. Those are all the I've got so far.

*Whew*

OMG HIGHWAY MAPS

SerapphiMarbleManX said:

I planned on using Zdoom scripting because I'm going to add Megaman robots and some bosses without replacing doom monsters. Except for the SS Soldier, that, I'm gonna replace. and I was going to make it that some of the bosses give you weapons after defeating them.

By the way, here is a screenshot

I WILL NOT QUOTE IMAGES
I WILL NOT QUOTE IMAGES
I WILL NOT QUOTE IMAGES

It's a little big, I have to add, and I haven't completed replacing the wall and floor textures.
What do you think?

One, you shouldn't replace existing textures. You are bound to run into texture size problems and the infamous "not enough textures to work with" problem. Just add new textures. Also, I may do a single map or mini-episode for this, if it will include Megaman X1 "Highway" style maps.

Even though it's an original storyline, I am going to make remakes of the X stages. Ex: the highway from X1. I planned on doing that.

I'm still kind of beginning at this, so how do you add textures, monsters, levels, etc.?

I was at his house when he was making this. There is a lot more cool stuff he has got to show which he hasn't shown you guys yet. I had to tell him how to post the screenshots up so there may have been a little trouble in the beginning. Just to show you my friends are capable of doing cool things with doom. :)

First, add a lump called "S_START" or "SS_START". Either one works. Then, import all your monster sprites after the "S_START" or "SS_START" entry, then make one final entry called "S_END" or "SS_END". Again, either one works. Then just hit clean up, and you're good to go. Also, since you're creating brand new monsters without replacing any existing Doom creatures, you probably want to have a look at this.

Also, if you want me to officially join this project, say so and I'm good to go (I'm really liking the concept behind this project). I'm working on several concepts with ACS scripting- ones that would stand out particularly are scripted HUDs, and an RPG system- that maybe I could let you use in the project.

Darkhaven said:

First, add a lump called "S_START" or "SS_START". Either one works. Then, import all your monster sprites after the "S_START" or "SS_START" entry, then make one final entry called "S_END" or "SS_END". Again, either one works. Then just hit clean up, and you're good to go. Also, since you're creating brand new monsters without replacing any existing Doom creatures, you probably want to have a look at this.

Also, if you want me to officially join this project, say so and I'm good to go (I'm really liking the concept behind this project). I'm working on several concepts with ACS scripting- ones that would stand out particularly are scripted HUDs, and an RPG system- that maybe I could let you use in the project.

If you're liking this project so far, I've got lots more to show. I could use some extra help. So, I'm saying You're in!

SerapphiMarbleManX said:

It will also have different surroundings, such as city, forest, sewers, ice, etc.

Wow call the originality police we have a suspect!

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/4588/DOOM0019.png

Alpha version of MAP01: Destroyed Lab. As you can see, it's very early in development. However, if you look straight in front of you, you can see a close-to-done version of my rendition of Dr. Light's capsules. What do you thinking?

EDIT: Sorry about the image size. Removed the image and added a link.

Someone reply, please :(