Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeratul 982

Another source port?

Damn, I think I screwed Legacy up badly. I was in the process of cleaning up my folder and I accidently deleted that doom3.wad wad file Legacy requires on startup.
I use Legacy to run my PSX sounds wad since ZDoom doesn't tolerate replacement sounds very well over here, hence the problems I had with ZDoom crashing when playing a replacement sound in the past. I never ran ZDoom with a sound replacement wad ever since then.
I can't redownload Legacy right now because it seems that 3dDownloads is screwed up and can't access the file. I looked in the source ports section here and found lots of OpenGL required source ports such as ZDoomGL which I tried, but it ran at a lousy 2 fps. There is Edge, but I didn't like the graphics too much.
Right now it looks like I presently stuck with running it with ZDoom again unless if there's another non-OpenGL port out there that I missed. Anyone know another (besides the original exe)?

I've noticed that ZDoom doesn't recognize certain sounds all the way. Anybody here ever played Assault on Alcatraz for E2M1? Well, many of the sounds are cut down. Try downloading it, memorize the sounds (via WinTex or something else), then try the WAD again in ZDoom and you'll see what I mean.

Here's the problem I had that one time. It occurs randomly when ZDoom is in the middle of playing a replacement sound. Lets say, when it's right at the beginning of playing a sound replacing the super-shotgun, the frame rate slows WAY down to a near 1 1/2 fps and the sound is caught in a loop, and if I continue to move around or shoot it would completely freeze, forcing me to end task or reboot. This occured like four or five times and after that last time, which occured around last April or something, I never ran ZDoom with a wad that contained replacement sounds ever since. I downloaded and used Legacy to run those kind of wads.