Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leileilol

Amulets & Armor?

If you want proof it uses the Doom engine, take a look at the technical similarities - slime trails and the way the map works.

I second the suggestion for A&A support.

You can actually edit the maps in A&A with a doom editor. I've done it and found there are a couple of enemies that aren't even in the game like a wolf and a huge dragon. You gotta be careful because if you make a mistake with an item number or incorrect texture name the game will stuff up.

As for the graphics I've tried heaps to exctract them from the .RES files using al sorts of tools and hex editors but I haven't succeded.

Too bad because it's such a cool game.

EDIT:
I made a basic info page elzee.tk
click the amulets and armor link.

The maps can be read by any Doom map editor indeed, and i've cheated the .gen (files that are spawn generator placements) and cracked alot of the unused item/thingid's not used by the game, such as a deer tha tturns into meat (food item!) when you kill it. I'll post the thing id file if anyone's interested, it could be useful for some mapeditor authors and such :)
EDIT: i'll post it anyway

And yes, it IS the Doom engine, it probably was either secretly licensed or illegally licensed (like Legend of the Seven Paladins/Rock n' Shaolin). I've known this from 97 :P because the flying blood, corpses and such slide just like Doom, and also the projectiles and general physics

Oh and el zee, there's red dragons at the end of the game and a big (and yes killable) amethyst dragon in the quest second to the last one.

Also missing from Amulets & Armor was some multi-user housing system in addition for the guild when played in multi play. Also, there's a TON of unused sounds in the sounds.res, such as the pain sounds for all the voices in the game, including that Randy Savage-ish sailor going "Yiiiiit!".

I should probably make up an Amulets & Armor resource page for such :P

I'm willing to take a look, but if you guys would like to see support for a particular game, please provide me with a download link, so that I don't have to go around hunting for it.

I just tried to grab this from the-underdogs.org, but they temporarily banned me for multiple downloading 8 files (how they came to that conclusion is beyond me). If you know of another download link (even the demo), let me know. Or if someone can put up the RES file in question to some temporary webspace, just do it, I don't need the full game.

Oooh...I used RAR on Best compression, and the resulting archive is nearly ten megs. I tried looking at OldGamesNu (which frequently has uploads of some of Underdogs' stuff), but it wasn't there. I don't have space at my Box43 account to put up the RAR file (which is Pics.res and Sounds.res from the game).

7:19 PM Finished downloading
7:36 PM Full support added

Gotta be a new record or something. Okay, pat myself on the back and back to coding.

But seriously guys, this was very, very easy. Don't think that I can add support for any game, or that I can do it this quick.

/me gives Csabo some of the best impse he has ever recieved

el zee said:

Here's a demo link if anyone else wants to try the game http://www.giffer.com/public/dos/pgam2/Files/AMULETSA.ZIP

HOLY CRAP, that's the v1.0 demo! I've been looking forever for that particular one, thanks. There's 3 versions of the demo, from oldest to newest (newest contains two large music files, bloating it to 33mb or so)

Yeah that demo's quite cool - some wierd stuff in it.
the other two are called aademo2a.exe and aademo2c.exe I think, you could try a google search.