Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Newer version of source ports

Well, some of you (myself included) have seen the Boom 2 pic, provided by skadoomer. Simply awesome!
My question is this:
Do think that there will eventually be some kind of ZDoom2, Legacy2, EDGE2, etc.?

Zdoom and edge and shit is still unde development. Boom was finished years ago, that's why they start #2 now.

First one to say it risks to be called gay by doomBOY here...

Boom 2 isn't a sequel to TeamTNT's Boom - it's a sequel to another engine, ALSO called Boom, which wasn't based on Doom, only made to look like it. Confusing, eh?

Anyone who has been around the block a few times will remember that back in late 1997/early 1998 when TeamTNT announced that they were working on a Doom source port called "Boom" I did an update on FuncE where I linked to that exact 3D engine which was also called Boom and dissed TeamTNT for it. If I remember correctly they got a little pissy but kept the name. Rick Clark also made a comment somewhere saying that TeamTNT's Boom ought to have been more like the new 3D engine called Boom, which had true 3D.

Well, some of you (myself included) have seen the Boom 2 pic, provided by skadoomer.

Hey, I've seen tons of Boom v2 pics. In facts it's been out for years and is already up to v2.02. Now that's what I call awesome.

So what is skadoomer talking about?

Do think that there will eventually be some kind of ZDoom2, Legacy2, EDGE2, etc.?

Why don't you ask them?