Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Pain elementals piss me off.

I just thought I'd get that out of my system, having played Mr. Johannsen's new "castle of eternal carrot" map, and being able to survive on UV if it weren't for the damn pain elementals.

O well, I guess i'll post a poll here so this doesn't get sent to post hell.

What is the hardest level (either in a doom game or a user made Pwad) that you have ever played?

Man, I wish I had Final Doom now.

Anyway, a while back it used to be Mr. Erebus because I couldn't figure out how and where to find that damn blue key.

About Mt. Erebus, it takes me forever to beat every time I play it, just because I can't remember what you're supposed to do. It's pretty funny, actually. As for toughest map, I'm not one to pass judgement as it just dawned on me recently that I suck at Doom (perhaps from playing Hurt Me Plenty most of my life and only recently switching to only Ultra Violence, but still, it really depresses me).

That would be the Icon of Sin in vanilla doom2 on Coop. Send a Kamikaze to activate the Icon, wait a couple of minutes and voila! MAYHEM.

Any maps of Final DOOM Plutonia from 5-32. I surprised myself by getting past the first four without much difficulty.

I don't know what the hardest level is. I think that TNT 30 is the most difficult level that I have taken the time to learn, or is it TNT09? As for annoying monster, I think the revenant is annoying to me.

I don't know what the hardest level is. I think that TNT 30 is the most difficult level that I have taken the time to learn, or is it TNT09? As for annoying monster, I think the revenant is annoying to me.

I don't think that those are necessarily annoying, but just scary and dangerous. It is the only enemy in DOOM that I actually fear and tend to hope that I don't have to deal with. I'd say that an annoying monster might be the Arch-Vile because he undos all the beautiful damage that you've done in an area.

It's name says it all. Pain Elementals are a pain. I just go right up to it's ugly face at point-blank range with a super-shotgun. Get close enough when it blows up no Lost Souls will spit out.

Arch Vile's have such a high pain factor that one of the easiest ways to kill one is to pump it up with plasma to prevent it from executing it's attack. Sometimes that won't even work and I lose up to 50% health minimum. I'd have to say that the Arch Vile wins the most annoying monster award by just a tad.

No, the most annoying enemy is obviously the Pain Elemental. How many times did you take cover because of some mean looking horde waiting you in the next room, and suddenly, the sound of creatures fighting warns you : THE STUPID PAIN ELEMENTAL IS SPAWNING DOZENS OF SOULS

No, the most annoying enemy is obviously the Pain Elemental. How many times did you take cover because of some mean looking horde waiting you in the next room, and suddenly, the sound of creatures fighting warns you : THE STUPID PAIN ELEMENTAL IS SPAWNING DOZENS OF SOULS

The chain-gun-in-eye-socket technique can solve that quickly.

Herrmmmm....
The hardest level(s) I've ever played would have to be the second half of Final Doom, The Plutonia Experiment. Hardest levels I've EVER played, especially Level 29, Odyssey of Noises.

Odyssey of Noises is one of the most kick ass levels ever. Almost forgot about it. And about Mt Erebus, I remember being "stuck" in the building with the blue key the first time I played it. Killed all of the enemies (even the cacodemons outside) and couldn't figure out how to get out. Since you have to turn OFF the switch, I thought I already switched it.

arch-viles arent necessarily annoying just cheezy/dangerous the most annoying monster is the pain elemental a)the dont attack you b)they can become numerous and c)they release the second most annoying monster...

BTW, has anyone seen the combination Arch Viles + Cyberdemon...? :-D

I'm going out on a limb and saying that there are billions of newbie wads that have that combination overused in the level because some yaho thought he was being clever.

well, if you mix arch-viles and cyberdemons, then the cyberdemons will probably just kill the arch viles in a mega bar brawl, or the arch viles will be in front and you can kill them first, and I don't think they can revive eachother.

the hardest map i have ever played was e1m1. still to this day i allways have to cheat to get through it. somebody please help me!!!

OH MY GAWD, IS THAT SARCASM OR THE TRUTH?!?

The most hardest level eh? Escape from Warnerworth Execution Center by infirmity. Grab it at http://infirmity.demongate.ath.cx/.

well, if you mix arch-viles and cyberdemons, then the cyberdemons will probably just kill the arch viles in a mega bar brawl, or the arch viles will be in front and you can kill them first, and I don't think they can revive eachother.

They can't revive eachother, or Cyberdemons for that matter. Archvile attacks don't affect Cyberdemons either. One time a Cyb got in a fight with another creature and set an Archvile against it as well, and when the other creature was dead, the Cyb went dormant and stayed that way for about 10 minutes even though the Archvile was flaming it to death. I think Cyberdemons are impervious to splash damage that items like Barrels and the Archvile flames give off.