Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

The /newstuff Chronicles #211

Use3D said:

It's cool, I played it when it first appeared in Newstuff a while ago.

I think you're talking about map22...

And Aleaver, your map is good but it's too short damnit.

Lutrov71 said:

And Aleaver, your map is good but it's too short damnit.

Yea..I will admit its short...ran out of ideas..so instead of filling the map with half-wit half-cocked ideas..i just finished it when i ran out of ideas for it. So what is there is solid stuff..no filler stuff that looks shitty just to make it bigger.

julz_d said:

Yeah, the bad thing about 250free.com is that the server is kinda unreliable. But, I can't find another server that will let me upload files that are up to 2 megs in size for free.

Check your web provider, some give webspace as part of the service package. (like mine)

Ok. I have a question.

Why did you ripp the status bar digits from Requiem but the status bar itself from some Duke3d texture or whatever it's based on?

kristus said:

Ok. I have a question.

Why did you ripp the status bar digits from Requiem but the status bar itself from some Duke3d texture or whatever it's based on?

Don't know, but these are the same bar/numbers used in CC1 so I'm glad they're back.

Personally I think the statusbar/hud numbers form Mummy fuquhars would have been better. :)

Nmn said:

You're a fucking genius :D Map 24- my fave.

What if i told you that i didn't actually make it but that a dude who lives in my basement whom i whip and torture made it and i just stole all credit from??

sargebaldy said:

I loved CC2 for the most part. Map24 is very possibly my favorite Doom II map of all time.

thank you but... I think you're going a bit far there.

Than he's the genius! But that it a great map. The slimefall and ashhwall3, (or 4) go good together. I used that combo in my map a fair bit.

i wanted to put my own rock texture in it but every texture i tried putting in there wasn't working out so good, so i just gave up and used the ashwall.

Foofoo said:

What if i told you that i didn't actually make it but that a dude who lives in my basement whom i whip and torture made it and i just stole all credit from??

I'd say you're starting to sound as believable as the guy in your avatar.

cyber-menace said:

Yes, it was one of his very few serious maps.

Equinox? Grove?

His sensible maps greatly outnumber his silly ones.

Grazza said:

His sensible maps greatly outnumber his silly ones.

well they don't actually; Fritter.wad, Doom2:2.wad, Doom2:2_2.wad, Nuts.wad, Nuts2.wad, Run.wad- loads of crap wads for everyone!

Let's count:

Equinox: 13 sensible maps
Grove: 1 sensible map
CC2 map24: 1 sensible map

Dmlands: 13 sensible maps (albeit mediocre)
DarkCanyon: 1 sensible map (average-ish)

Nuts, Nuts2 & Nuts3: 3 silly maps
Fritter: 1 silly map
Run: 1 silly map
Doom2:2 & Doom2:2_2: no maps at all

Even if you ignore the older stuff, that still a 3:1 ratio of sensible to silly maps.

Heh, this reminds me of Monty Python's "Election Night Special". How about a wad called Tarquin Fintim-Limbim-Whimbim-Lim Bus Stop-F'Tang-F'Tang-Olé-Biscuit-Barrel?

ahh. so you're talking in terms of actual levels themselves. well, ok fine, you're right in that regard.

PS- NEVER. EVER. MENTION. DOOMLANDS. AGAIN.

PPS- thanks for knowing my stuff btw ;)

Nuts is serious map. People would gather around whenever I played in it during breaks between class (with cheat codes of course).

What editor do yalls use to figure out where secrets are or how they are activated. I'm on the map where the nine secrets open a secret door. I have legitimately found 6 of nine, but the others I know where they are but can't activate the door opening or bridges or however you get to them.

Lastly, are these maps meant to be played with a jump key or not.

All above refers to CChest2

b00mb0dy said:

What editor do yalls use to figure out where secrets are or how they are activated. I'm on the map where the nine secrets open a secret door. I have legitimately found 6 of nine, but the others I know where they are but can't activate the door opening or bridges or however you get to them.

Personally, I use Yonatan Donner´s Secret Locator which is included in the DMTHA zip file. It´s a program which runs under DOS and tells you the numbers of the secret sectors in a map. With the numbers in hand, all you have to do next is to load the map in an editor and search for these secret sectors (in Wadauthor, the editor I use, simply press F2, select Sectors and enter the number of it. It will be then highlighted). Then, as you know which is the secret sector, just select it and the tag number, relating the secret sector and the linedef which activates it, will be displayed. Enter the linedef properties and check the action required to activate the secret sector.

Thznks for the information Caco. I have WadAuthor (the one that tells you that you need to register, unless you have a registered version), but the thing is, it needs an appropriate ZDOOM config file, and the one at zdoom.org doesn't quite fit the bill. I could be doing some thing wrong, but...

Haven't tried that Secret thing yet, I use XP tho, so we'll have to see what's up.

Thanks tho. Good deal. :D

b00mb0dy said:

Lastly, are these maps meant to be played with a jump key or not.

All above refers to CChest2

No jumping in CC2!