Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostpilot

Help finding the unmaker in DooM64

Since the old post about finding the unmaker in DooM64 was lost.

I want to know it again...

I remember that it´s in outpost omega.
But how do I get to outpost omega?
It´s a secret level, right?

Please help me.
I need a screenshot of it up close.
I need it for my DooM64-PC.

That´s all.

I think it was in one of the secret levels. Ask Cacodemon Leader, he's the one who posted it.

It is in Outpost Omega, and it's a secret level. You should be on the last platform before another platform lowers in front of you across the pit. Turn 90 degrees to the left while facing the switch behind the imp or hell knight, and press the use button. It will lower a hidden platform. Shoot the switch in front of you using the super shotgun, and an unmaker will appear in front of you. Grab it quickly and get off the lowered platform before it traps you in that platform, but of course if you are facing in the same direction which you headed for to get the unmaker, turn 90 degrees left again and press the use button, and the platform may lower again.

This applies to outpost omega finding the unmaker, to reach outpost omega, you must flip switches near the end of holding area in a certain order.

On a slightly related note (ok, not really) I'm having a hard time finding copies of Doom Trilogy or Doom64. I can understand Doom Trilogy, but Doom64? I tried Circut City, Toys R' Us, and this little place called Games For Less. Nothing:(
I do have the emulated version, but with more than 3 enemies on the screen it makes my GeForce2 croak, plus the emulator doesn't let you change controls so it's unplayable anyways.

Ah, yes, DOOM64. That game rocks.
Try buying it online at eBay or some other similar place.

Doom 64 rules. The "multiple effect" tags are cool, the ambient music is nice and spooky and fits with the mood of each level, and the graphics are somewhat better. Some people may object to that. Some say that the animation is jumpy, but isn't it like that with all of the Doom games?

A couple of things disappointing about it is that there are only about 26 in-game levels and the turning is bad, but can be slightly improved by using the control stick sensitivity option. I turn it up about 1/4 of the way and it's fine.