Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sandmann

Dehacked for Doom95?

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a DeHacKed for Doom95? I have one that edits the DOS Doom.exe and Doom2.exe but the exe's aren't usable with Doom95 and I think it would be cool to play my edited Doom exe's with 640x480 resolution and music (since DOS midi doesn't work in my Windows ME). Anyone know if there is one? Or an equivalent?
Thanks!

Nagh, to the best of my knowledge, DeHackED is the only one out there, though that does not mean you can not use it's DEH files with another source port. I don't know anything about DOOM95 and DeHackED compatability, but I do know that Legacy, and ZDOOM (if shitty gfx are your thing) support those files, though Legacy does not seem to have 100% Deh support atm. :/

ZDOOM (if shitty gfx are your thing)

I think it's the other way round, legacy is the one with shitty graphics. I mean, ZDoom "feels" much more solid.

And blurring is bullshit, I never use it in Doom GL ports if I get the choise not to. MD2 models suck too, sprites look much less out of place.

DeHackED works just fine for Doom 95. Just make a normal DEH file as u do for Doom II and run it with Doom95. It works just the same. Anything you edited in the DEH that was in Doom II "only" would be ignored when running Doom 95 with da DEh. So...dont ry to put the Super-Shotgun into Doom 95..cuz i tried that. ^_^

I like using DeHackEd Patches (which I have downloaded) in Doom95 and ZDoom, but I can't get my downloaded version of DeHackEd to work.
Anyway, compared to the original Doom.exe, ZDoom and Legacy look awesome, IMO.

Someone should tell these people to forget about all the executables that come with collectors edition doom and get a source port :P

I like using DeHackEd Patches (which I have downloaded) in Doom95 and ZDoom, but I can't get my downloaded version of DeHackEd to work.

Hm, did you check the dehacked.INI file? Check make sure the thing looks something like this. (if your Main hard disk is "C")

# This is the DeHackEd v3.0a config file.
# Lines that start with '#' are comments.

# 'editname' is the name of the Doom exe file to hack. The 'normalname'
# should be the name of your original (unmodified) Doom exe file. The
# 'normalname' exe will NOT be modified by DeHackEd, but only referred
# to at several times for pristine data.
editname = c:\doom2\doomhack.exe
normalname = c:\doom2\doom2.exe

# The name and location of your Doom WAD.
wadname = c:\doom2\doom2.wad

# The path to your Doom directory. This is where Doom will be run
# from when you 'r'un Doom inside DeHackEd.
pathname = c:\doom2

# Command line arguments when Doom is run from within DeHackEd.
params = -skill 4 -warp 8

# The directory to look for patch files in.
patchdir = c:\doom2

# Determines whether DeHackEd asks if you would like to reload the original
# exe data every time you load a patch file. It is true by default, but
# just remove the pound sign from the next line to turn it off.
#askatload = false

# Whether or not DeHackEd shows the cool logo on startup. True by default,
# just remove the pound sign to skip the logo.
#loadlogo = false

# Options for soundblaster cards. sbaddress is the address of your card,
# sbirq is the IRQ for the card, and sbdma is the DMA channel. Use a
# DMA of -1 for auto-detect.
#sbaddress = 220
#sbirq = 5
#sbdma = -1

# The following are all optional, and are included only in the hopes that
# they might be used to fend off future Doom versions, if any more pop
# up.

# Doom version #
# 0 for Doom 1 1.666
# 1 for Doom 2 1.666
# 2 for Doom 2 1.7, 1.7a
# 3 for Doom x 1.9
# 4 for Ultimate Doom 1.9
#version = 4

# The size of the user-defined Doom exe file.
#size = 715493

# These are the offsets for the various data sections...
#thingoff = 677472
#soundoff = 645924
#frameoff = 650396
#spriteoff = 649844
#ammooff = 638872
#weaponoff = 638904
#textoff = 691064
#cheatoff = 642244
#textlength = 24072

If you desperately need .deh files to work, you could do worse than download MBF (Marines Best Freind) which is an alternate launcher for Doom 95. Get it at cdrom.com. It's pretty dated, the look is crap, but it works, isn't complicated and will sort your .deh's out for you (as long as you have them in the smae directory as their respective pwads.)

[...] you could do worse than download MBF (Marines Best Freind) which is an alternate launcher for Doom 95.

There's a launcher called MBF? Perhaps you'd better post a link, MBF usually means the source port... (which isn't even for Windo$e)

I meant port, not launcher, I was tired, ok? You may note I also came up with the word 'smae', just one of those days.. :\

and MBF will work in Windows fine, so there.

http://www.univac.00server.com/backup/Download2.htm

here's a link if you're desperate, which shows up how old it is, but I still think it's cool. ANyway, it's for .deh's, if the man has got .deh problems, this will make it work for him

and MBF will work in Windows fine, so there.

Yeah, but if the guy wanted a DOS version he'd be using the original and not whining about Doom95, I'd hope.

ANyway, it's for .deh's, if the man has got .deh problems, this will make it work for him

PrBoom is a good no-frills replacement for Doom95, and has good .deh support. Most of the Boom-derived ports support dehacked patches, and Legacy's support is good too I hear.

can't argue with any of that, they're all good.
Hell, if I was him I'd just find one of DooMboy's posts and download all the links in the signature, leaving out reading the messsage :>