Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoOmEr4LiFe

if Doom 3...

if id had to get rid of an original enemy (for technical reasons i guess...whatever lets just say some higher power was forcing them to get rid of an original monster)and they couldnt decide which enemy to get rid of...what would you suggest?? personally i would get rid of the pain elemental..just out of curiosity since this forum has been dead lately...

I think they should get rid of the Cyberdemon !

nah, just kiding.... I couldn't pick one, believe me.

Either the Chaingunner or the Pain Elemental. The Chaingunner blasts you repeatedly, and you take way too much damage. The Pain Elemental keeps burping up Lost Souls at you, and that means you have to keep killing Lost Souls before you can even get to the PE.
Hmmmm, come to think of it, I might take out the Lost Soul while I'm at it...

I think I'd nix the arachnotron. They are, in my mind, at least a thousand times more annoying than Chaingunners, because if you're not moving, they can't miss. That just bugs the crap out of me.

DC

I dunno... I guess if I had to pick one, I would say the revenant. I like'em, but they were basically just tougher imps with homing shots. I want to say the pain elemental, but he does add a little something to the game, even if that little something is a pain in the ass to deal with.

Cacodemon HAS to look different in Doom3.
If it still looks the same, they should throw that damn demon away. I like it, but all it needs is a darker look.

Everytime I play doom, I think I'm playin SuperMario Bros. caus of those damn caco's =) They look tooooo.. Eerrrrh... Happy.

EVERY SINGLE ONE

For DooM 3 to scare us they must physically alterate each one SO much so we can't connect them easily with their old incarnations.

If we're used to them, how can they scare us? Each one needs a facelift in behavior too.

@Zaldron
That`s true !
But i think, there will be a lot of new enemies in the game and they will be scary i hope !

Why is ID so miserly with news ???????

You could get rid of the chaingunner and add in a new type of human/zombie.

The zombie with the "pistol" isn't any fun, it would be alittle more challenging with a zombie with a rocket launcher or so (lol, think of that in Doom 1 or 2).

But remember, D3 will probably be much more realistic and it would look kinda cool if you entered an outdoor area and you suddenly see a human/zombie starting to aim his rocket launcher at you and fire.

Main thing is, how could a damn zombie control a rocket launcher? Bleh...

I think they should get rid of all eneimes that I have a hard time killing, or that hurts me alot.

Yeah, I know it sounds stupid, but thats what you are basicly saying about the pain elemental. I agree with Zaldron. They should all get image and behavior changes.

Everytime a new monster rushs through shadows, I wanna think "WTF WAS THAT!?!?" not "Yay! I saw a Demon!".

Of course, things like zombies can't be changed that much in looks. What I saw was more than enough for me.

But the spawns, they should change them all. Afterall, the horrors from Beyond should be scary, not familiar.