Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VinceDSS

Final DOOM demos [-complevel 4]

TNT: Evilution DSDA Page

The Plutonia Experiment DSDA Page

old mod edit:

Spoiler

[MOD EDIT: Post Plutonia and Evilution (TNT) demos (-complevel 4 recommended) here unless they are vanilla demos for Compet~n.]

I got this demo a few days ago.

It's a full plutonia max run with the exception of one secret missed in map28. So I am not going to upload this to the compet-n unless they accept it as a 27pl ??

I dont think anybody worked on that before so here is my best attempt.

http://www.geocities.com/peroxyd2s/misc/30plvinc.zip

note : this is the 1st time I reached map32 in a run and I was very happy to finish it w/o much troubles :) The remaining maps are done very slow ... next time I'll try to speed things up.

note2 : I heard Dashiva is going to work on a TNT max run. I wish him good luck... would be nice to finally get these runs done. How about a Plutonia -fast run ? :)))

Edited by Maribo

WOW! Very entertaining demo, Vince! Even though it was surely exhausting, you looked like you enjoyed making that run... :-)

(P.S. fast-forwarding might be recommended for those of you with little stamina, this demo is VERY long!)

I got a run to map14 today and got an arch vile that didnt want to teleport... I typed the map code and seen that he could cross all the teleport lines and not teleport.
So I guess it was a one time teleport line that got activated while something (player or monster) was on the teleport spot. The archie got prevented to teleport and the line effect got wasted.
How can I do in this case ? Is it legal demo or should I have to restart ?

I've only watched little bits and pieces of it so far (thank Andrey for "-warp xx -playdemo ..."), but it looks very entertaining. You must have nerves of steel to have coped with that near-death moment on map25.

VinceDSS said:

It's a full plutonia max run with the exception of one secret missed in map28. So I am not going to upload this to the compet-n unless they accept it as a 27pl ??

I think you should certainly upload it. If nothing else, it is a new record for the Plutonia Episode 1 UV Max movie (assuming Prboom is reporting the correct time at the end of map10).

As for the map14 problem, that sounds to me like rotten luck, but only a 13pl. But I'm no authority on the official interpretations of the compet-n rules.

VinceDSS said:

I got a run to map14 today and got an arch vile that didnt want to teleport... I typed the map code and seen that he could cross all the teleport lines and not teleport.
How can I do in this case ? Is it legal demo or should I have to restart ?

Unfortunately, it is not legal. :(
Except as a pl13.
I think iddtiddt demos are not officially allowed either, although I'm against that rule... especially in a maxdemo movie. You still must PLAY the entire map, reach all the secrets, etc... there is no harm to iddtiddt.
As for the 30plvinc, that's just amazing!
You better upload that. :)

I'm watching the demo now (have it in progress minimized as I type); super work! The fact that it's not a valid COMPET-N full max entry doesn't undermine it's value as a great demo.

Grazza said:
(thank Andrey for "-warp xx -playdemo ...")

For movies like these, the "skip to next level" function is also quite useful. :-)

Again -- just wonderful stuff, Vince!!!

yes, I know it's not allowed to IDDT in a demo. Here I did it to see how the archie was moving and to check if the door had opened.

I knew the demo was kind of wasted anyway :P

Now I know that if such bug happens, the demo is not valid even if the player is not responsible... which kind of sux.

Now I am trying to cut the times of some long maps...
Managed to reach map25 yesterday but died killed through a wall by a mancubus.
Next time I will use another tactic at this particular place :)

I admire your patience and hard work. I watched the whole demo in one sitting, and I think I was more exhausted towards the end than you were... Just astounding... I really hope you'll make it (a valid 30pl), I'm keeping all my fingers crossed for you!

Kristian Ronge said:
I watched the whole demo in one sitting, and I think I was more exhausted towards the end than you were...

That's understandable; demo watching is passive and can be tiring after a long while, whereas recording is very active and can fill you with energy. I watched the whole thing minimizing sometimes during intermissions, where I'd do something else for a bit, to avoid getting numb.

I am sorry for my long runs, main problem is that it has a load of dull moments :/ thanks for your patience :)

entryway said:

Much more aggressively than Compet-N's 4145pl01.zip
Many cool rocket jump :), quick turns on 720 degrees and other pretty tricks. I like it.

rocket jumps ? tricks ? I dont remember adding sux things to a max movie :)

Well, there was that one time where you fire a rocket directly at a wall, accidentally (I think it's in level 3 or 4 - I haven't watched much of this demo yet)... one might call that a rocket jump, even though an involuntary one that only moves you a tiny teensy amount. ;)

Great work Vince! I've wanted to see a Plutonia max run for a long time so I enjoyed this greatly. How about TNT now. :)

I think I've seen this guy on ZDaemon. He's getting close. Maybe he could optimize with some punching, though given the ammount of ammo available (made by ressurrected zombies) it might not be worth it due to possible health loss.

PT212948 sent to Opulent. Not a great demo entertainment-wise and the time could be a lot lower but it will do for now.

"Neato" was my second thought... first one was "which one is 21 again?"

Ugh, senility...