Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Legacy

Source port forum is very inactive. I post legacy questions here.

I just downloaded the newest legacy version and I have a few questions...

1. When I try to run from the launcher (to use gl or something) it says that my doom3.wad(the one that legacy uses) is version 0.00 and I need version 1.32(I think that's the one). It also says to use the doom3.wad coming from the same zip as the launcher. Problem is... I AM using the one that came from the same zip as the launcher.

2. I've been playing doom1 mostly, and then went back to doom2 w/ legacy, and every time i hit a storyline break, i lost all weapons and ammo. Does this happen in vanilla doom2? I don't remember it like that.

No, I would definitely call that a f*ck-up.

I don't know, I d/led the 1.23 Legacy and it's working fine for me.

DC

Ok then, would it be possible to use a legacy savegame on vanilla doom? I would like to beat doom2 for the millionth time without beating about 20 lvls again. I could get thru dead simple easy starting w/ pistol, the first city level (downtown?) i managed, but it starts to become annoying around nirvana.

Source port forum is very inactive. I post legacy questions here.

I just downloaded the newest legacy version and I have a few questions...

1. When I try to run from the launcher (to use gl or something) it says that my doom3.wad(the one that legacy uses) is version 0.00 and I need version 1.32(I think that's the one). It also says to use the doom3.wad coming from the same zip as the launcher. Problem is... I AM using the one that came from the same zip as the launcher.

This problem's been around in the launcher a lot. You'll need to include doom3.wad as one of the WADs to add. Stupid bug.

2. I've been playing doom1 mostly, and then went back to doom2 w/ legacy, and every time i hit a storyline break, i lost all weapons and ammo. Does this happen in vanilla doom2? I don't remember it like that.

Known bug. They're supposed to be working on it, if they haven't already fixed it.

This problem's been around in the launcher a lot. You'll need to include doom3.wad as one of the WADs to add. Stupid bug.

What? Do you mean like add it in where you put in the location of the doom1 and doom2 iwads?

What? Do you mean like add it in where you put in the location of the doom1 and doom2 iwads?

No, I mean in the place where you'd specify PWADs.

After Legacy 1.31, I won't touch it anymore, each version just gets slower and slower...I personally like 1.28 the best...ran just fine, almost as fast as EDGE does. Pity.

One of the errors that I noticed while playing Doom Legacy is that ceiling flats in sectors adjacent to a sector with a sky flat are visible. There is also a HOM in Nirvana.

WOULD YOU PLEASE REPORT THE BUGS TO WWW.NEWDOOM.COM/DOOMLEGACY ?? - THERE IS A "BUG REPORT" BUTTON - PLEASE SEND THIS BUG THERE - IT'S MUCH BETTER

WOULD YOU PLEASE REPORT THE BUGS TO WWW.NEWDOOM.COM/DOOMLEGACY ?? - THERE IS A "BUG REPORT" BUTTON - PLEASE SEND THIS BUG THERE - IT'S MUCH BETTER

YES DOOMLEGACY BLEW UP MY COMPTURE AND NWO I CNA'T PALY ANY MROE GMAES!!! I THINK THIS IS SOME KIND OF BUG!!