Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am wanting to put up a list of the worst Doom2 wads imaginable and I am wanting some feedback on what are the candidates for such a list.

http://bejiitas_wrath.tripod.com/doom_files.htm

I have put one wad on this page, but I need some more to flesh it out.

I want wads that are totally donkey blowingly horribly bad. The worst ugly crap to make a good list.

PS: I have updated my new project here:

http://www.geocities.com/hungry_mancubus/play.zip

I have added some monsters from the Monsters resource wad & fixed the MAPINFO lump.

I have also added a simple map for the TITLEMAP lump.

Just download any random wad off the iDGames archive and you'll be bound to find something crappy

Especially in the ports section; most of those have VPOs and HOMs everywhere.

bejiitas_wrath said:
I am wanting to put up a list of the worst Doom2 wads imaginable and I am wanting some feedback on what are the candidates for such a list.

http://bejiitas_wrath.tripod.com/doom_files.htm

I have put one wad on this page, but I need some more to flesh it out.

I want wads that are totally donkey blowingly horribly bad. The worst ugly crap to make a good list.

What a waste of bandwidth.

The worst wads are the unplayable ones. After those, the ones not worth playing more than once, and then the ones that look so bad it's hard to play them more than a handful of times.

Heh, my D-zone cd is chocked full of them! :D
I'll send you some, if you want?
One wad that come to mind is firepit!.wad, it was a bunch of large rooms filled to the top with monsters, deffinatly fun for co-op in 1996! :P

Eh, I was looking around and found that new110.zip had some of the worst crap this side of DRE.

The old stuff chronicles on these boards should show you some real crap.

Say anything rated below 25 % or so. There are a load of them in those lists.

The oldstuff cronicles took up old gems from the early years that had been good dispite the good deal of crap that was made back then because of people not being familiar with the new tech in Doom. So if you want crap wads, you shouldn't go to the oldstuff cronicles.

That being said, there's no percent rating of the wads so I have no idea what you may be reffering to really.

kristus said:

The oldstuff cronicles took up old gems from the early years that had been good dispite the good deal of crap that was made back ... That being said, there's no percent rating of the wads so I have no idea what you may be reffering to really.

He was no doubt referring to the New Oldstuff Chronicles.

One could also look in Doom Underground for any wads scoring zero.

What about Grimm's mini-reviews? he's trying to review everything in the /doom folder (non ports), so search that site for crappy ones

Xenophon said:

wow.wad
But only since you're posting the wads and not the text files.

I made my own wow.wad same layout but with more detail to it,i did it just for fun dunno if im gonna release it though.

I've played a lot of maps that suck, but thankfully I don't remember all of them. Here are a few that I remember that I haven't seen people mention here yet. Some of them might have a few redeeming factors, either by actually having some good element or being so weird as to be rather interesting, but they are all IMHO pretty bad.

00_e2m8
Days of Xornox
The Painful Castle of Horror
I am Evil 1 (I only played the first one, but I bet the rest of this series sucks too. Probably on purpose, but whatever.)
Tri-mangle
The Ultimate Battles
The Lion's Den
BEAT THIS!!!
Abiosis!
Are you a Man? (RU_A_MAN.WAD)

Grazza said:

I've just scoured my /newstuff reviews and here's a list of the worst ones from them (in order of appearance in T/nC):
Nightmares of Loki 1999
LabrinthV2
WhiteKnuckle
ASSHOLE!!!
Amazing
Female Doom
Sadhus Chauffeur Trio
Bjarne
crappything
ASSENT
TsotsoFx
Enjoy, or whatever.

Hey thanks for mentioning ASSHOLE!!! and crappything for me and Xaser already. I was going to say crappything anyways.

$20 goes to whoever can help me figure out what I was high on when I made that...