Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeg-Vok

XWE FileType Number list

That list is dynamic, the numbers are arbitrary, depending on how much stuff is declared in XWE.INI. If you right click any entry and point to SHOW ONLY, you can see the list. Why do you need it?

Alot of times, when I insert new entries, it will leave is as either Type 0, or as a Marker, depending on nothing that I've noticed. When I tried to change the File types to WAVESOUND instead of 55, for example, it would make its type the blank 0, albeit, it was still in tact (I think thats how you would spell it)

When you insert a new entry the type will be 0/marker, unless you name it something that XWE recognises. (E.g. D_RUNNIN will be MUS type.)

Why would you want to change it to WAVESOUND though? It's an empty lump.

Obviously I could add a little dialog box for entry type chaning, with all the types listed and selectable from a dropdown, etc. I just want to understand what is it that you're trying to do.

Usually, I rename Wav files inside the Wad, rather than rename them prior to inserting them. Im using Wavesound as an example. Other than that, and the random Sprites to Hex lumps thing (Happened to me 3 times on my project, thank god for the backup feature), I could ask for little more, Maybe a way to let WhackEd edit a Dehcked Lump inside the Wad?

I still don't understand your problem. If you rename a WAVESOUND entry in XWE, the type should not change - unless you rename it to something that XWE recognizes.

What is the "random Sprites to Hex lumps thing"?

What about WhackEd? That's a separate util, you should run it independently of XWE.

There was no problem, I was just asking if there was a list of File Type Numbers, as when I load a wavesound into XWE, that XWE doesnt recognize, it saves it as a Marker, and the only way to change the type is by using the Type Numbers.

Every now and then, my sprites turn into Hex Lumps or what-have-you in XWE, its rare, but it happens. And by turning into Hex Lumps, I mean you open the Wad, and then you click on the sprite, and it shows some hex rather than the sprite.

About WhackEd, geh, nevermind

Okay. Two requests:

- If you ever find a WAVE file that XWE doesn't recognize, email it to me.

- If any of your sprites (or any other lump for that matter) show up as just a hexlump, what's just a minor dislpay bug. XWE can't determine the lump type (changing it manually would help) - but my point is there's no need to restore a backup or anything like that. Your sprite is fine. My request: once you have one of those, email me the WAD file. Determining what is a valid doom image (that include sprites) is tricky, I've tried to fine tune it as much as possible, but there still may be some images that don't get recognized. Once I have them, it's easy to adjust XWE.