Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
robindegen

XWE is great!

I think this has to be said. I dont care what other people think, i've been using XWE for a lot of things.

Yes i know its not that nice for importing stuff, but i use other features. I was able to export textures and other stuff from lots of games (not even listed in the games list), and i now use XWE for my own engine (i'm supporting a quake wad file-like type now) I made it so its easy to import bmp/jpg textures in XWE for use with my engine. I just have to say, keep it up. And ignore these people who say it's bad ;)

Robin Degen
dgm3dengine.com

robindegen said:

Yes i know its not that nice for importing stuff, but i use other features.

It imports fine. (One fuck of a lot better than Wintex anyway.)

i know, but i cant (or just dont know :P) set a lump to be floor or wall or w/e. I added them all in wintex (that screwed up my texture colors) and then replaced them in XWE which does keep my colors right :)

XWE is great!

I haven't touched Wintex in over two months now: I think I'm kicking the habit finally! ;)

Thanks csabo for a great tool!

Lobo said:

I haven't touched Wintex in over two months now: I think I'm kicking the habit finally! ;)

I haven't even had Wintex installed for at least 6 months. I found Wintex to be so cumbersome that it made me feel like an idiot.

well the crappy thing about wintex is that it's windows 3.11 and it's a bit weird. It makes me think off back in the shareware days on windows 3.11 and dos. Like one of those tools that came on shareware cdroms.

TheDarkArchon said:

I found Wintex to be so cumbersome that it made me feel like an idiot.

Yeah but once you dominate it and bend it to your will then it has the inverse effect: You feel really smart! ;)

Lobo said:

Yeah but once you dominate it and bend it to your will then it has the inverse effect: You feel really smart! ;)

But when I discovered how easy XWE was to use I jumped went "To Hell with Wintex" and almost never looked back.