Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DarkFoxSoldier20

How do I apply new music?

I have acouple of Midi files I want to use. I clicked on Entry, load, and chose the Midi I wanted. But the wad won't run, it just closes. How do I get the midi to run on the level I choose?

I heard about GUS files but I don't know how to convert Midi to GUS.

What port are you using, if any? All ports should give you an error message of some sort (Legacy usually segfaults, so it pays to check the log.txt file).

I took my time figuring it out on my own. All I had to do was convert the Midi file into a Lump file. So this is what I did so if anyone new needs to know too, they can read this post.

In XWE, you need to click Entry and then Load. Load the specific Midi you want for your map. Right click the file in which you chose and right click the file.

Change the type to "56". Now go into Entry, Save as. Now save the lump and delete the music file you have in XWE.

Re-load the lump that you have saved. Rename it to the level that you want the music to.

That's it. I have to figure it out by myself sometimes. >.>

What??? I'm afraid what you wrote does not make sense. Loading/re-saving the lump does not change it.

Change type to 56? That will necessarily do what you think - those numbers are generated on the fly depending on what's in your XWE.INI file.

To load a MID, you just Entry|Load it and name it right.

I use ZDoom. When I did that the game just shuts down. When I saved the file and reloaded the file as a lump it played just fine. Importing a Midi and renaming it to "D_RUNNIN" didn't do anything but crash ZDoom. So I had to find another way of doing it. And I didn't find any torturials on the web on how to use midi in your wad. It's like everyone forgot about that aspect.

Still, saving the lump and re-loading it doesn't change anything. I can prove it to you: if you encounter this again, that is you import a MID and it crashes ZDOOM, just send me your WAD and I'll tell you what's wrong with it.

You need a tutorial for this? Basically it would be: to load a MID, click Entry|Load. To load a WAV sound, click Entry|Load. And so on... Of course you have to name things right, otherwise whatever you imported will just sit in the WAD and whatever port you're using may ignore it.