Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Urban ouchface!

Okay, this is awesome. It's like the awesomest thing to ever grace a Wad file.

It's awesome enough to make me come out of "retirement" just to say how awesome it is. That should tell ya something there.

Thanks for the "crudy" face, I know I suck at gfx heh :P
Anyway, it's cool but maybe it would benefit from being kinda zoomed... and it needs work on the animation.

Julian Hope said:

Thanks for the "crudy" face, I know I suck at gfx heh :P
Anyway, it's cool but maybe it would benefit from being kinda zoomed... and it needs work on the animation.

The animation seems pretty good to me. Other than a slight blank-stareness of the front non-hurt face it's excellento. And what do you mean by zoomed?

I think what Julian is getting at is that the face is about 2 pixels shorter than the standard doomguy face and subsequently thinner... this makes it look a bit smaller than the standard doom face... but there really isn't anything I can do at this point, scaling UP is almost impossible without completely redrawing it.

I like the face, it's definitely an improvement on our old one. I'll stick it in, but I have one niggling Q first. How "based" on mr. urban is it? Would we get legals knocking on the door?

Jon said:

I like the face, it's definitely an improvement on our old one. I'll stick it in, but I have one niggling Q first. How "based" on mr. urban is it? Would we get legals knocking on the door?

I would call it, "The Doomguy Face that resembles Karl Urban." I grabbed a few Screenshots off the internet of Karl Urban and scaled them down. The Doomface is so small that Urban lost all his features and I had to completely reconstruct the face by looking at both the Original Doom Face and The Scaled Urban Face to create something similar to both. It's quite a stretch it even looks like Karl Urban anymore.

I love you, steve. Great work indeed.
Thank god, freedoom isn't death.

i know this face has been in freedoom for a while now but i think that the "looking left and right" sprites need to be edited.. he has no eyebrows

also dont you dare looser me for this