Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

I have an shitty nick that doesn't mean anything, other than that I am an dutch mapper from holland:)
O and my english does suck a bit "devill" with two LL's if you know what I mean.
If an mod reads this I don't mind if you remove the extra "L" :)

[Edit]Thanks for changing my nick name looks much better this way.

My first ever forum name was The Dark Lord of the Dumples. This originates from me trying to find a username and just watching that episode of Strong Bad with the Dumples in it.

So yeah, that's the origin of my name.

In the second board I signed up for (same one but it moved), my full name was too long, so I decided to go by the abbreviated version of the name, "DLD". My friend said something like: "Add something cool to each end like -_ and _- or whatever", so there you have it. -_DLD_-.

When I started doing DJ mixes and writing more Trance music, I decided to give myself a "DJ" name. Given my interest in Japan, I decided to use a Japanese name that had some sort of meaning. I wanted to do "only child", but my Google searching at the time only turned up "first child". I figured it was close enough, so I chose that, which was "Haruko".

It didn't hit me at the time that anything ending in -ko was a female name. It only did a few months later after I had been using it.

Then in Japanese class, we learned how to say the different seasons. "Haru" is for "spring". Again, this doesn't work, as I was born in December. But, "Fuyuko" sounded even more feminine than "Haruko", so I just kept it the same.

In Japan, alot of people thought that "Haruko" was my girlfriend...

This seems to be a good place to clear things up about my name.
It has no origins, disney wise or arabaic.
It is simply something that popped into my head that sounded good. It stuck.
Now enough of this Jafar and Jihad sillyness. :P

rf` is short for ravagefox. the ` is just me being unique (or so i let myself believe)

It is what everyone calls me. See when I wrote J Anderson on my rugby kit it was missing the '.'

'Lol ur name is Janderson Lololloolol'
'no, ur gay'

And eventually it grew on me.

Ralphis said:

It's Ralph, but with an is. It was a nickname that I sort of gave myself which caught on with my friends, which caught on with my school, which caught on with the intraweb

At what point did you drop the "gay" from the end? :)

My last name is Cooper. When you're last name's Cooper, everyone's going to call you 'Coop' no matter what your first name is; it could be freaking SuperMan and no one's going to give a shit. Anyway, someone added the 'ville' to the end of my name one day and I decided from that day on, I would make my username to just about everywhere Coopersville. It was originally Cooper's Ville, but a lot of places don't like the oppostrophe, or the space-- and once I grew a half a brain I learnt that's not how it's suppose to be spelt in the first place.

mine came from the first final fantasy. redmage is my favorite class. The "125" at the end is kinda my signiture number. redmage125 is my user name for a lot of different message boards.

Meh. Everyone in RL calls me Hobbs and HobbsTiger1 is an extension I used to get my first e-mail address.

dutch devil said:

I have an shitty nick that doesn't mean anything, other than that I am an dutch mapper from holland:)
O and my english does suck a bit "devill" with two LL's if you know what I mean.
If an mod reads this I don't mind if you remove the extra "L" :)

Heh, I often read your nick as Dust Devil

I chose two words. Then I changed one of them to 'doom' after my email registration failed, eight times.

I still use whatgoat everywhere else though. And I don't know what the odd capitalisation is for, I was probably pissed.

Mine comes from "mykittensmellslikeurine," that was a bit long.

Alboroto said:
My name is Jose Boroto, and the word ALBOROTO is a form of Chaos in spanish.

Remember to call your kid Alfonso.

Dan + anarchy = Danarchy

I'm no longer an anarchist though, so it has since changed meaning. Oddly enough, it was a friend of mine who made my nickname up, way back in 9th grade.

A formal character name for my favorite game, always had versions of DooM as nick before, then when I had to create a char for an RPG, I thought DTT would be nice.

Umm...aside from the third entry in there, it's all true. (I actually do run the Writers' Guild though...but I don't want to make it look like I'm spamming.)

I used to have dozens of nicks before being "ellmo", like:
UnKnown
Scooby
Stumpy
JUNiOR

But the origin of "ellmo" is as follows. There was a friend of mine who was really short (even shorter than me!), so we called him names like Tweety, or Towdie. I also thought he would resemble Elmo a bit, but before naming him that way. I've decided to keep the nick for myslef. So it is.

myk said:

Mine comes from "mykittensmellslikeurine," that was a bit long.

Remember to call your kid Alfonso.

Heh... Already did something like that. My son is called Daniel Alberto.

It's some absurdly stupid name I thuoght up several years ago, back when I was a retard or something. I regret still having this name, but really, there is no point in changing it. It has no real story behind it besides the fact that I was bored one day and the name kind of popped into my head. Now everyone in the Doom community knows me by this name. :(