Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gibaholic

Fast paced pc game suggestions?

Im lookin for some cool computer games to buy that have fast gameplay. I was thinkin about buying duke3d atomic and raptor. Does anyone know any other fast paced games either platformer or fps.

Well I have MDK for Playstation, and I know it is also out for computer. It's not first-person, but it is very fast paced. Run around, kill, and zip from map to map. Very linear. But the PC version may have different gameplay.

I'll second TrackMania - heck, any TrackMania game is worth picking up. Even if you're not too big on racing games.

POTGIESSER said:

Pain Killer is pretty fast paced. I'm sure you'll like it.

Or Serious Sam TSE and TFE if your computer is slower.

I cant spell u said:

Yeah quake is faster paced!!

I'm not sure how you're measuring "pace" here, but the Doom marine can run a lot faster than the Quake guy, even with his bunny hopping.

QuakeIII arena with point release 1.32 w/punk buster. you can get this real cheap but is still highly played and fast. i use the "in-game" game browser for mp so no real need for gamespy witch can conflict with point release games such as 1.16 where the cheaters are.

Track mania is good. i also find need for speed underground 1 (besides the newer ones out like u2/mw) to be pretty fast in your face action with all the eye candy and not system demanding.

of course doom/quake

thats about what i play for my fix.

If you're going for Duke3d, you might as well get its prequel - Duke Nukem II, and run that through DosBox.
It's a platformer, it is quite fast-paced, and the music is absolutely awesome!

Duke3d comes with dukes 1 and 2 :)

I would play quake 1 online but everyone just uses cheap shit like bright skins and too many scripts.

Do they have that kinda crap on quake 3? Because I dont like coming in last cause im not running software mode with bright skins and using strafe run scripts.

BlackFish said:

hocus pocus had a good soundtrack.

Yes it did. I wish I had it in mp3 though

rf` said:

Yes it did. I wish I had it in mp3 though

Run the game through DosBox, turn on the WAV-dump feature to record your favourite midi as a WAV file within the DosBox folder, then open up the WAV file through Sonic Foundry Soundforge and convert it into an MP3 file simply by choosing "Save As" from the menu.

That's what I do all the time.
If you don't have the apps which I just mentioned, try searching for them online :)

Quake III.

Marathon/Marathon 2/Marathon Infinity.

Serious Sam: First Encounter/Second Encounter.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Cube/XBox/PS2)

Aliens vs Predator 2 (Really fun in multiplayer!)

Half-Life: Opposing Force.

Wolfenstein 3-D. :D I die so often in that game because I charge into a room and there's SS Nazis in there. That and the lack of WASD movement. Have to strafe manually!

Halo rarely has a dull moment, though there are some points that have monotonous cut-and-paste corridor crawls that cripple the quality of the game.

EDIT: Descent/Descent II?

KwadDamyj said:

Halo rarely has a dull moment, though there are some points that have monotonous cut-and-paste corridor crawls that cripple the quality of the game.

Halo is NOT fast-paced, though. Master Chief's run speed is incredibally slow.

TheDarkArchon said:

Halo is NOT fast-paced, though. Master Chief's run speed is incredibally slow.

I meant in terms of combat. =^/ It gets pretty WHOASHIT when you're in the middle of a fragfest with some Elites and a bunch of Grunts with plasma 'nades flying left and right. I mean, Serious Sam has a fair amount of points of long treks on foot, but even then the combat itself can get wicked.

Raptor has always been one of my favorite games, even though it's pretty old.

But if you want really fast paced, go for Quake3, Unreal Tournament (original), Serious Sam, Descent or Descent 2 (both amazing games), MK2, or...

If you don't mind going for an oldschool game, go find a Midway/Williams arcade greatest hits compilation (or an emulator and some roms) with Sinistar, Joust, or Robotron: 2084 (NOT the newer one on PSX/N64) on it. A very old compilation called Williams Arcade Classics had all three plus some other good games. When you want frenetic, fast-paced action, I'm not sure if these games, Robotron especially, can be beat yet.

If you really value fast-paced platformers as much as you value fast-paced FPSs, you might as well get an emulator for the Sega Genesis/Megadrive and play some ROMs.

Here's a link to the best Genesis emulator:

http://gens.consolemul.com

The ROMs are harder to find, but worth it nonetheless. And yes, there's tons of airplane arcade shooters similar to Raptor for this console.

Crimsonland. Look it up.

Edit: You haven't seen fast-paced in TM Sunrise until you've played some of the user made tracks.