Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angus Thermopyle

Revolution! demos [-complevel 2]

I have recorded some other tysons for maps 04,10,25 and 32. Now 20 tyson runs are completed :)
Oh, and as we are talking about the glides in this wad, I found that map04 is full of them :)

Gusta said:

Oh, and as we are talking about the glides in this wad, I found that map04 is full of them :)

It is, but are any of them actually useful? I didn't think so.

I did Map21 UV -fast in 1:00. Frustrating, my best was a 0:57 with 95% kills.

Congrats, Gusta! Only 18 maps done with -fast so far ;)

EDIT: I also did UV Speed/Pacifist on Map21 "Frustraterium" in 0:29. I reached my goal, a time under 30 seconds. Of course this demo looks damn ugly after the red key grab (EDIT2: Watched it again, it's not that bad) - 0:27 was possible here :(
But I won't try it again. It's too luck-based for my taste.

I'm working on Map14 UV -fast (with only 50% secrets). Best was 1:28 three times so far.

EDIT: Hahaha, one more try, and it's done in 1:22 :)

2nd EDIT: I also did Map30 UV -fast in 0:14.

Angus: why are you skipping one of the secrets in map14? It's not such a difficult jump to get to it, especially with just normal running if you line yourself up right. No need for a divvy from the Harpenden Building Society.

Opulent: I'm sure I have sent you the Map21 demos too ;)

Grazza: Can I have fifty pounds to mend the shed? I read Ryback's description from the TVR! demopack: "there's one secret sector that's impossible, or almost impossible to reach (you'd need a more accurate jump than the map19 bluekey jump, for instance)", and was too lazy to try it more than ~10 times.

I just did the jump. You're right, it's not very hard. But it's a very stupid secret. Who needs a second soulsphere at the start that forces you to jump into the blood and to lose tons of health and armor while running to the BFG secret?
I'll try again to get a valid demo, but it won't be fun.

EDIT: I just figured out, that it's less inconvenient (with nomo at least) to do the jump first, to re-enter the platform and then to press the switch. (It's still a stupid secret.)

2nd EDIT: I just recorded a valid Map21 Map14 UV -fast demo in 1:27. Without strafing it's a pretty easy jump. I do it 9 times out of 10.
Thx, Grazza :)

Nice work by Jochen "Two Sheds" Schneidau.

BTW, there is a glide in map03 that means you can skip the blue key. If the location isn't obvious, then the coords are (-1712, 816). It makes nomo about 30 seconds (or less).

Grazza said:

I'm looking forward to seeing you tackle map26 -fast. :)

It's not too hard. I got 1st exit after 30 minutes. Without recording, though. Had to learn the map first.

EDIT: I recorded Map26 UV -fast in 4:27, played it the safe way. Now back to Map16.

Map28 UV -fast improved to 2:23. It's an ugly demo and only a second faster than Anima's - sorry for that. I'll try again after some hours of sleep.

BTW, I also managed to skip the exit trigger :)

Grazza: map04 glides are useful for a tyson run as you can take berserk earlier then. I performed this route in a demo that I attached to a original run I have already sent to Opulent. But this route has to be managed perfectly to save some good portion of time, and, surely, that would be pretty hard to do.

I did five demos on Map01 this evening, four of them with yellow keygrab (except NM Pacifist):

- UV Speed in 0:21 (under 0:20 is possible)
- UV Pacifist in 0:23
- UV -fast in 1:00
- NM Speed in 0:22
- NM Pacifist in 0:26.

Angus Thermopyle said:

I tried Map28 again, no luck this time. It's your turn, Anima :)

Haven't done a TVR! demo in some time, so...alrighty then :).

Improved map28 UV -fast to 2:13. Some ugliness in the last 1/3rd of the run, but otherwise is a nice improvement. Sub 2:10 should be easy to get with enough attempts.

Sending to Ops now.

Great, Angus, I have ever known, that that map01 keygrab is possible but somehow haven't been able to perform it while recording. It seems that this one is easier for you :)

Improved map26 UV -fast to 4:14. Still quite improvable, given the ugliness of a few parts of the run.

Sending the demo to Ops now.