Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ezxariarch

BIG PROBLEM WITH SKIN MAKING...NEED HELP NOW!!!

OK, i made quite a few of skins for DooM Legacy and Zdoom before, non of which had any problems. But when i wanted to put sounds into them or my new skins, Zdoom and Legacy crash. I get this "Error, Lump Lenghth" Or some other thing for legacy. I'm having a lot of problems putting sounds into it. I've check the S_SKIN thing and EVERYTHING is correct, i did it the same way everyone else did. SO, wuts up with that? Is there like a format i have to change my *.WAV files into?

I appreciate some/a lot of help!!! ^_^

the sound lmps must be 8 characters long.

here is a example s_skin of my own skin for legacy to give you what I am talking about.

================
name = Deathman
dsoof = dsdthoof
dsnoway = dsdthshi
dsplpain = dsdthouc
dspldeth = dsdthdth
dspdiehi = dsdthdie
dsjump = dsdthjmp
================

now, the names on the right side are the names of my custom sounds for my skin. All are 8 characters long.

and of course the names on the left are the names of the oringinal sound names.

no, that still dosnt to anything. I keep getting this "Error W_LUMPLENGTH". I checked all the S_SKIN and stuff. All the sounds are 8 characters long, but it works on some skins with being that length so i dont think thats a problem. Other suggestions anyone? Is their a limit on the how long the sound files MUSt be, or its quality in KHZ and Bits?

you most likely have s_skin in the wad twice. if you made the wad with wintex, delete the lower s_skin.

Try inserting the sounds with dmaud rather than Wintex or New Wads Tools. It always works for me. Other editors don't neccessarily convert sounds to the 8-bit mono 11025-khz format normal Doom uses. I think some source ports might allow higher quality format sound effects though.

you most likely have s_skin in the wad twice. if you made the wad with wintex, delete the lower s_skin.

Naw, i had ONLY ONE S_Skin thing in it. But thank u all fer da help. I thinks its the quality of my sounds, i think i recorded them on the highest frequency my comp can offer. Oh, BTW, is there a another Midi to Mus converter? Cuz Mid2mus.exe wants to bug meeh by sayin "The maximum size cannot exceed 65000 bytes".