Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Enjay

Whose WAD - You decide

Just downloaded MACVILEWHORE's file IMPRES.ZIP from the "newstuff". It is an interesting little bex and sprite patch that creates a new super imp using the normally unused Lost Soul thing and the unused pain elemental respawn frames for its attack. Unfortunately it seems a touch familiar to me.

If anyone has downloaded this file, I respectfully suggest you also visit my site (http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/) and click on the dehacked link. From there, follow the "Some worked examples of how to do things, with downloads." link and then the "Additional Super Imp (BEX)" link. From there you will find an explanation of how to create an additional imp using the dead lost soul and pain elemental respawn frames. There is also a link to the example file that includes the BEX patch and a sprite replacement WAD, much like MACVILEWHORE's. Or if you prefer, just download http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/DEHEX/imp.zip directly.

My file was put up some time ago and is a modified version of a file I posted on the Zdoom forums a week or so before that. My BEX patch in the zip is dated 5th March 2001. MACVILEWHORE's BEX patch is dated 25th June 2001.

From my patch

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

# Note: Use the pound sign ('#') to start comment lines.
#Changes regular imp to use brown colour shifting
#and changes dead lost soul into a grey super imp
#using the pain elemental respawn frames

From MACVILEWHORE's patch

# Note: Use the pound sign ('#') to start comment lines.
#Changes regular imp to use brown colour shifting
#and changes dead lost soul into a grey super imp
#using the pain elemental respawn frames

In fact, the only differences between the files is the hit point values, speeds and bits are set a bit differently.

His imp is faster, has more HPs and does not use colour shifting to appear grey. Which of course is interesting in itself, as MACVILEWHORE's BEX file comment clearly states colour shifting is used to create a GREY super imp. I dont know where MACVILEWHORE is from, but also notice the British spelling of colour and grey in the patch instead of the American color and gray. The accompanying resource wad containing green imp sprites also has a familiar look to it.

Another version of this hack/patch can also be found as part of my zdoom megawad NJZD2001 which can also be DL'd from my site, or from CDROM.COM

(ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/.2/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/njzd2001.zip)

Like I said in the title, you decide. I'm pretty sure what the base of MACVILEWHORE's wad is. It is not "King Re0l's mom" as the text file proclaims, but is simply my WAD with a few minor lines of text changed in the BEX file.

I do not mind people using my example wads as a base for their own work. In fact, that is one of the reasons I have put up my dehacked tutorials. I think it is stretching it a bit to basically just copy the file, with very minor changes, and then release it as your own work without giving me any credit though.

MACVILEWHORE, are you pissing in my coffee?

Comments please, anyone.

I don't know whether or not Mac did copy you, but I just want to state that the txt file included in the zip is one of the funniest I've ever seen.

PS: Mac is Canadian, like me. That's why he spells things correctly.

Sounds genuine enough to me.

"Apology accepted, Captain Needah."

No hard feelings.

If you want to update the text, I think you just upload a new version to CD-Rom with a note to Ty Halderman (the archive maintainer) that you want the new file to replace the old.

Ok, I sent in the updated ZIP and TXT files to incoming, now we just gotta wait for the dude to overwrite the ones that are in newstuff already.

Hope that clears it up.

Damn man,I had no idea it was yours, ralphis and i talked about it, he sent me the wad to try out, and sense ralphis is such a bastrad I decided to steal it and modify it beyond recognition, the .txt file he gave me didn't say your name in it though, but it did have the colour shifting thing in it, it said his name in it andall his stuff was where yours was supposed too. Man I am so sorry, ralphis is such a fuck.

WTF? when the fuck did i send you any bloody .bex file?
The only fucking .bex i have is a railgun one. So you shut the fuck up before i cross the border and piss in your face.

Don't play dumb with me fuckhead, you sent me it yesterday in an email. Or were you too busy being an ass that you forgot?

FLAMEWAR!!!

/me grabs nachos and a pepsi.

roflmao, this is gonna be one good fight *whips out the nachos and dip*

We had the dip once Ralphis came in.