Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XonToR

How can i place things on 3D Bridges?

I'm on creating 3D Bridges, with walk over and walk under the bridge and even 3D floor textures on the bridge. But i tried to place things on the bridge - it doesn't function. Always i try to do that, but the things always lie under the bridge on the ground, how can i get this problem solved?? Please report. Thanks, XonToR

I think you need to spawn the thing using RTS scripts, but I'm not sure as I haven't tried anything like that myself.

I think you need to spawn the thing using RTS scripts, but I'm not sure as I haven't tried anything like that myself.

Guest Fanatic

It depeneds on which source port your using, and if you're using DDF/RTS or ACS, etc.

DooM Legacy is the port i'm creating new levels for. It's already a BETA out of my first MAP, look at http://www.geocities.com/stairfound/Index.html - There i even placed some Screenshots. But there mst be a possibility, to place things on 3D Bridges. I remember at DeePsea v11.1 - there you can change the X-axis, Y-axis and Z-axis. X-axis was for West and East, Y-axis for North and South and the Z-axis is for placing in UP and DOWN. There i think you can place things in the air, but this is only available at DeePsea v11.1 if you've chosen the project "Skulltag". At DooM Legacy project it's disabled. There must be another way.

you use a dehacked patch and have the items you want on the 3d floors set as 'hang from ceiling' so they drop from teh ceiling of the sector onto the bridge. its a messy hack but it works.

Well, i wanna know, where i can get this patch. I dunno if there is already a patch like this out on a page for downloading. Please reply to this, thanks.

You'd either have to write your own, or blag one off someone who has written one. Check out jive's wad page (doomcenter I think nowerdays) for any doom legacy level that has things on top of 3d floors, I think there's a DM level that does it, and use that patch.

Well if i go to www.newdoom.com/jive and try to download any wad file there, it doesn't open the File-Archive of Newdoom.com. There must be another way to get the maps and perhaps the special map with this patch.

try mailing jive, I think newdoom cut off his site because it was over 120mb big, or something

I'd do it for you but I'm really busy at the moment :|

Im also makeing levels for Legacy. I followed the intrusction of it perfectly and made the level the same size/shape and texture as the one in the Doom Legacy 3d-bridge thing. but when i run Legacy i can only see the floor under the bridge and not the bridge. I thought it was "invisable" so i walked, fell into Lava and killed myself...*shame* =(

I am still trying to make the bridge work (editing levelsis so frustrating)

But about the placing stuff on the 3d-bridge. maybe u can make a really LONG bridge and place "support" posts under it and since its a floor u can place the stuff on those supports and make it convincing enough for the player to think the stuff is on the bridge....just an idea when i get my bridge working i'll try that. =)

Hi, download my map: Beyond the bridges. Mail me back and i will send the map to ya - there are 3 3D Bridges in it.