Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Simpson Doom reference.

Although episode Midnight Rx, season 16 may jus be the worst Simpson episode ever made, it has a cleaver yet lame Doom reference. When homer talks to a un-employment personnel the man is seen playing a first person shooter that looks strikingly like Doom, and kills a robot. The computer then says "Congratulations you have defeated the Doom guard, and closed the gate. Phobos has been saved"

Sorry this isn't the exact quote. I tried searching for episode quotes for this episode, but with no avail.

Has this already been mentioned?

Could this be the turning point we've all been waiting for in The Simpsons? Hmm, nope, it can't be.

OmegaJ4 said:

Didn't look anything like Doom to me, seemed for like Defender

Defender! It even has a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

I don't think the writers knew enough about FPS's to make a direct reference to Doom. It's like that episode when Ozzy said "And this year's award for best hardcore thrash metal album goes to...SIMPSONS BOOGIE?!" Obviously, whoever wrote that joke just heard the two phrases seperately and probably assumed that metalheads use the term "hardcore thrash metal" on a regular basis. That Doom psuedo-reference could have been funny if they knew what they were fucking talking about. At least Family Guy had the balls to actually show a clip from the game, but with fucked up soung effects for some reason.

GoatLord said: whoever wrote that joke just heard the two phrases seperately and probably assumed that metalheads use the term "hardcore thrash metal" on a regular basis. [/B]

Or they could have been making fun of how some people like to classify music, which sounds like a bunch of terms thrown together anyway.