Uv pacifist ::
sp06-027
sp05-017
sp03-024
sp04-020
Uv speed ::
sc06-023

Sent to Opulent

Nice tight demos there. No text file? I know things are clear here on the thread, but on one's HDD they get messier.

By the way, isn't sp03-024 only a slower version of sc03-022 (since the latter is also pacifist), or am I missing something?

myk said:

By the way, isn't sp03-024 only a slower version of sc03-022 (since the latter is also pacifist), or am I missing something?

Yeah it is..Sorry - Bad naming

Hello all,

I did two new runs:
Map 24 UV speed/pacifist in 0:32. I did this one over a month ago, wanted to do 0:31, but came back to it and realised this is about as good as I can do it. :-/ Terribly difficult.

Map 13 UV speed/pacifist in 0:24. Features a new trick! :-D I won't ruin the surprise. Don't read the .txt before watching, if you don't want to know what the new trick is.

Kristian Ronge said:

Features a new trick! :-D I won't ruin the surprise. Don't read the .txt before watching, if you don't want to know what the new trick is.

That also applies to the following:

Map18 (MS Futura) UV Speed/Pacifist in 0:10.

I found this rather hard - it took quite a number of attempts spread over the last few days. There's a further shortcut possible, but I'll leave that to cack_handed, I think. :p

Edit: It's also Reality, which certainly wasn't something I expected.

Thanks. I've done a NM100S (+Pacifist) using this method, but it's not worth uploading (0:30 - too many bites needed at the glide). Not too difficult to get an exit, and perhaps 0:1x should be feasible.

BTW, I don't think anyone has pointed out these two trick ideas before. The step jump is quite similar to the one on map27, so it is a little surprising it wasn't spotted at the time of the demopack. I recall Gusta mentioning some other long glide ideas in Scythe, but I think it was in map19.

Yeah that was the first glide of this kind that I found, quite unusable though.
Btw. very nice tricks and demos, guys!

Regarding the further possible shortcut in map18, in case my comment above was too cryptic, there is a "hard" 32-unit glide in the centre of the blue/yellow bars. The mastermind would need to be quite obliging though.

Anything from the LAN? Looking forward to watching them when I get home. :-)

Oh, and sorry for the following late reply/discussion, I somehow missed these last few posts (maybe I was too busy with Extremal Doom back then, heh).

Grazza said:
The mastermind would need to be quite obliging though.

Yes, definitely (maybe hope a Mancubus hits it?). Even then, you'd need a lot of luck to pull the glide off quickly. I can do it in reasonable time with -nomonsters, but I'm still slower than when using your trick route. Maybe cack_handed could pull it off... I don't know any others who use vertical mouse sensitivity and can do these kinds of glides fast.

Kristian Ronge said:

Anything from the LAN? Looking forward to watching them when I get home. :-)

Hopefully next week..I'm going to buy pc/camera share cable which i lost cause' i want to realese pack including photos, videos...

Kristian Ronge said:
I don't know any others who use vertical mouse sensitivity and can do these kinds of glides fast. [/B]

I do :-) But the only glide of this kind that I made was in doom2 map 19 and it was just a luck.
EDIT: For this topic, I recorded map17 tyson in 4:37 (on LAN party:-)

_MethoD_ said:

Hopefully next week..I'm going to buy pc/camera share cable which i lost cause' i want to realese pack including photos, videos...

Or you could get a USB card reader (this kind of thing). Maybe a bit more flexible and useful, as it handles all sorts of cards and doesn't rely on any additional software or leads.

Kristian: yes, there are several demos from Prague that I think you'll like. :)

It has been awhile :D.

And 31:55 for map30 -fast? That sounds like quite a good time (I think the previous best was 35:41-ish or so). Can't wait to see it.

I watched your new map30 -fast yesterday Angus. Excellent job :)! Quite fun to watch and a couple very close calls to boot.