Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Click Image|Select Palette|Quake 2, they should display fine.

Off topic: how did you come up with your nick? I chuckle every time I read it.

Well, in a nutshell. I was playing on a Quake 3 server, and i thought i would choose a name for my player that would invoke "bad feelings" towards me, thus making me a bigger target. I've been playing quake 3 since i was 12, so needless to say, I took first or second place every time. The name is Camoflauge i guess. I thought i would keep it on another id software related game site.

But back on topic. When i load pk1.pk0, it says "Quake 2 not supported yet"

Hmm, I don't have that file. All I have is Quake2/baseq2/pak0.pak, which is opened by XWE and all the textures are there. Maybe I only have the demo? I would have assumed that if there are any other Quake2 files, they would be in the same format.

quake2's paks are pak0.pak, pak1.pak (3.14's DM map patch) and pak2.pak (Vwep patch).

XWE doesn't support Quake3. (And it'd be pretty pointless anyway. Quake3 paks are technically zip files)

XWE does support Quake3, exactly for the reason you said: it's just a zip, and it can open zips. The *.bsp entries inside Quake2 do not contain any textures (if I recall correctly), that's why I didn't add support for them.

I hope this clears it up, let me know if there's still a problem.