Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Miscellaneous demos (part 1) [please post in part 3 instead]

TimeOfDeath said:

Here's another coopbuildlm demo: MAP12 UV max in 5:57 (edit: using ZDoom 2.1.5).

I worked on it for about a week. It was fun coming up with faster routes, but so frustrating to get under 6 minutes (my dismembered keyboard can confirm this). :)

Interesting, although it would've been even more impressive if you hadn't died / respawned. ;)

Ok, here's a no-deaths UV max run on MAP12 of coopbuildlm in 10:53 (edit again: with ZDoom 2.1.5), also without getting hurt at all (is there a name for that?). I was cautious and didn't use any of the time-savers that are possible thanks to dying/respawning. I still prefer the 5:57 run. :)

Also, I was hoping to use Vince's BFG trick for the deaths-allowed run, but I can't get it to work in single player.

Thanks for watching, Schneelocke. :)

TimeOfDeath said:

also without getting hurt at all (is there a name for that?)

Reality (and I'm sure Grazza will post a much more detailed explanation of what "reality" encompasses now). :)

Now, off to watching that new demo. ^^

Just a random lead ala the scythe2 map09 rj I leaked.

Cydreams map27 can be beaten in about 1:30...

Also, map07 of the same wad can be beaten pacifist style... how might this be possible? ;)

HA! Easy :-P

The gap to the teleporter on map 7 is 192 units, so it's possible to strafe50 to it, then wait and hope for the Arachnotrons to finish the Cyber before teleporting and running to the exit. EDIT: I just did it with IDDQD. Surprisingly easy.

On map 27, it's possible to do a glide to the exit teleporter.

Get to work, people! ;-)

Map27, I didn't actually do a glide. It's possible to jump through that small window to the exit area when the rising platform has reached a certain height. Combining that with an exit glide would be a neat demo, though.

EDIT: hehe, also, map07, out of chance while replaying the levels, I had the cyberdemon and the arachnotrons finish each other off in a stroke of luck. So I got a pacifist run that was also 100% (can't remember that ever happening to me).

I added compatibility with common mapping errors "Walk underneath solid hanging bodies" to prboom-plus for playability on Armadosia.wad\MAP26 and others. I never saw this great megawad earlier and I did UV Max demo on map27 in 27:25. It is my first try after studying of the level.

I would like to see more demos for this megawad.

Sending to Ops now.

Did a UV-Speed for Das Labor, which can be found in latest #newstuff. Time for it is 3:14. Surprising, given the massive enemy count here.

Didn't have time to do a UV-Max, but I'll get around to that tomorrow.

For now, sending the speedrun to Ops.

More fun with Das Labor. Did a UV-Max in 12:14 and a UV-fast in 12:46 for this map. Both demos have already been sent to Ops.

And one more Das Labor demo: An improved UV-Speed. Looks ugly thanks to monsters getting in my way, like, lots of times here, but I still somehow managed to break the 3 mins barrier. Time is 2:56.

It's already been sent to Ops.

Kristian Ronge said for his Cyber110 demos:
NOTE: Recorded using -file cyber110.wad -deh cyber110.deh, so this is not a cyberdreams format file (.cyb).

That's just an extrension. You can use alternate extensions on PrBoom:

PrBoom -file cyber110 -deh cyber110 -record cyb01.cyb

PrBoom -file cyber110 -deh cyber110 -playdemo cyb01.cyb 

I recorded a ITYTD demo of vile_apartm with ZGDoom 1.0.21. The demo is nothing spectacular, but it's a fun little map.

Anima Zero said:

Did several demos for "Maze of Frustration" (It ain't that frustrating IMO). Can be found in the latest #Newstuff, but I've also provided a link in the txtfile as well.

Anyways, the runs are as follows:

UV-Max in 0:53
UV-fast in 0:50
UV-Speed/Pacifist/Reality in 0:11
NM-Speed/Pacifist in 0:13

Sending them all to Ops now.

darn it, tried speedrunning this... 10 is hard. Wanted to see if :09 was possible in -nomo. got a 10.40, but that's a long way from 9.
I think I waste too much time at the exit door... I get there in 8.97, but takes me well over a second to hit the switch. :(
tried taking another teleporter (the upper left one in the switch room)... this makes it so you don't wait for the walls to lower and you can SR50 straight to the exit, but the teleportation takes too long... my best time with that was 10.60 (nomo, of course).
if I was resourceful, I'd record a cheated demo to see if it is possible.
good demos Anima, great map choice.

I recorded a max and a speedrun-pacifist in Sjs2. That's a very good (and tough) level and I liked it a lot. The max isn't any special, I'd expect a good time to be in 10:xx. I also searched for various tricks to make a speedrun; couldn't find any glides, but this suicidal trick seemed promising, though quite hard to perform. After numerous attempts I finally somehow managed it. The demos are here.

And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Donce said:

... and a speedrun-pacifist in Sjs2 ... this suicidal trick seemed promising, though quite hard to perform. After numerous attempts I finally somehow managed it.

Nice slide, especially as it isn't just a standard death slide, but combines it with the oddity described and demonstrated by Ledmeister here. I have been looking for a map that allows this possibility for a while.

eaxt.wad map02 UV max in 17:52

Pretty bad, lots of mistakes and searching for ammo since I hadn't memorized where it all was, yet. It shows a working strategy that gets most of the lucky bits out of the way right at the start, though.

Still a great demo.

Back when I tried it in ZDoom I could never get past the blue armor cybers consistently. Your route is much better though.

Almost fell out of my chair when that cyber rocket hit near the very end.

Using the red key mancs to distract the cyber that spawns in the doorway should make a 2 shot BFG kill easier. Making the masterminds infight would shave some time off as well.

Hell, I want to watch it, but Filefactory's been giving me a "sorry, there are currently no free download slots available on this server" for like an hour or two.

EDIT: Heh, now it worked... I guess I had to get bitch here so my negative vibes would go through the UGO servers, reminding it not to be an ass.

EDIT: Wow, pretty x-treme insanity! That start is just plain hell. And then there are various nasty points where attacks come from various sides (like dealing with that Cyberdemon while a Revenant keeps hurling missiles).

Belial said:
Making the masterminds infight would shave some time off as well.

Maybe it could save a good amount of SSG ammo to use at the end (where it ran out). Some luck against that nastly Archvile that raised an army of Revenants could also help there (though, heh, in this demo we're seeing what succeeded... not all the things that could go wrong, sending all to ruin).

Same run improved to 11:35

Satisfied now, there's still a few mistakes (the four cybers in the sludge still flustered me a bit) and that weird handling of the two masterminds was done without any prior experimentation. It's hard to remain relaxed when just starting the run needs luck, I guess. :)

Hey, this is the first demo I watched in a really long long time, maybe a year or so. Its pretty good i gotta say. Almost forgot what was the original doom like.