Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

DM with monsters

What do you think of deathmatching with monsters?

Stupidest idea ever unless you're planning to fill a Arena-type Heretic level with lots of Maulotaurs that can't escape from an outer perimeter, filling up the place with those inferno spells.

Heh that would cool.

Hm, there might be some use for monsters... Like a pain elemental hidden somewhere - lost souls flying around the level, just to add to the confusion, hehe :)

It's just that I always end matching up with the rest of the players to fight the monsters. Don't blame us, we're the Humans ;)

No you're not, you're a Moderator.

Right, sorry.

*continues building up statistics based on the information gathered at the Post Hell in order to predict the possible usernames that could post retarded threads and block them beforehand.

The point of DM is to hunt your friends/opponents without the distraction of monsters. You'd waste ammo and health and power-ups on trying to kill monsters, and pretty soon you won't have anything left. It might end up as a fist-fight, and that can be very tedious, if not impossible.

Besides, it takes too much time out of the game with monsters in it. Monsters are for single and co-op *cough* siZucks *cough* only. Thank you and good night.

Did someone just said Coop sucks!?

/me's balls grow gargantuous

YES!!!!!! I DID!!!!!! I coop'ed once or twice in my life. It was just accelerated SP. So NYAH!!!! :P

The point of DM is to hunt your friends/opponents without the distraction of monsters. You'd waste ammo and health and power-ups on trying to kill monsters, and pretty soon you won't have anything left. It might end up as a fist-fight, and that can be very tedious, if not impossible.

Weapons stay in the arena Cren.

co-op *cough* siZucks *cough*

DIE

Yes, but if it's not -altdeath then they only stay there for other players who haven't had picked them up yet.

Fah.

DM with monsters is the only way to play. I used to think otherwise until I tried it in a bunch of levels and got hooked.

Let's say you had a DM map where the only way to get weapons and ammo was off the bodies of the constantly-respawning Zombies, Sergeants, and Chaingunners. No other weapons or ammo lying around. How d'you suppose that would play?

Let's say you had a DM map where the only way to get weapons and ammo was off the bodies of the constantly-respawning Zombies, Sergeants, and Chaingunners. No other weapons or ammo lying around. How d'you suppose that would play?

DM with monsters on nightmare would be great.

Stupidest idea ever unless you're planning to fill a Arena-type Heretic level with lots of Maulotaurs that can't escape from an outer perimeter, filling up the place with those inferno spells.

Heh that would cool.

Even better: A bunch of iron liches throwing whirlwinds around. Hehehe.

The concept of monsters in dm can be really annoying except if the dm map was a well designed map that worked well with monsters in it.

The concept of monsters in dm can be really annoying except if the dm map was a well designed map that worked well with monsters in it.

Well there's some maps in doom2 that practically require you to have monsters on to have any fun. Like map32, the megasphere there can control the game, but with a bunch of respawning SS nazis and a cyberdemon, it doesn't matter as much.

I voted that I like dm with monsters. But I changed my mind yesterday when I played dwango5 map02 with monsters, that was the SUCKIEST game I've played in a long time.

Yes, but if it's not -altdeath then they only stay there for other players who haven't had picked them up yet.

There's no such thing as not -altdeath. You may as well play on DOOM v1.1.

MAP30 :P

MAP30 could be cool for DM with monsters, if there was much more ammo. Even without monsters there should be more ammo for a good DM.

But actually, a map with some monsters, not shotgun guys, but the tougher ones (with the exception of bosses and arch-viles), could be fun, with -respawn. That's almost like playing against bots combined with humans.