Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Antidote

Dreams...

I know, I know, we had a "recurring dreams" thread, but that's not what this is about. This is about dreams that are your favorite, most vivid, most entertaining, most unforgettable, most coherent, most enlightening. Anything like that. I'll tell you mine once a few people start posting theirs.

Dreams can be very awesome, some of them are like art you take part in. The best dreams are those that provide glimpses of different, exciting new worlds. Other dreams are just too weird, or simply too normal.

However, my most awesome dream experience was the first time I became lucid (aware of being in a dream). There's really no feeling like being able to see and feel your surroundings and knowing that it's a dream. It's a profound experience, but even then I wasn't completely lucid. I just can't imagine what it would be like to be completely awake / aware in a dream, being able to completely control the dream.

Lucid dreaming apparently is something you can train yourself in. If you're interested, you should visit dreamviews.com - this site explains it far better than I can.

Copied/pasted from the other thread because it and the tornado are the only dreams I have any memory of, and the gender-change while having sex one is definitely vivid:

I haven't really had any recurring dreams (although I do get bizarre feelings of déjà vu a lot) but the weirdest dream I can remember having involves being at a house in the middle of the woods. On the outside it looked like a mansion but inside it had sheets and cardboard for most of the walls, and some walls that were nice looking, painted or wallpapered etc. Inside it a small quiet gettogether with several people was going on, so I go check it out. Inside I meet some girl I acted in a play with in high school that in the dream I hadn't seen in a while apparently. We talked for a bit and next thing I know she invites me to bed... so I follow her and we get to a room and start going at it. Right here things get really interesting. As we go at it all of the sudden my viewpoint changes to a third person view... I'm watching myself and the girl have sexual relations (yet feeling like I'm right there), all in a mansion with both fancy and ghetto walls... and it wasn't long when suddenly, I spontaneously changed gender. Next thing I know I'm also a woman like her and we are going at it like lesbos. Finally we finish, I go back to a man, and we return to the party. After a bit she finds me again and asks me to bed again but that time it was more 'normal'. After that, I wake up.

That dream (from like 4 months ago, so its not even that old) is somehow permenantly embedded into my memory, along with a nightmare I had as a child where I got sucked into a tornado. (And that dream was normal... no weird crap at all, I just got sucked into a tornado.)

I'm just going to say first and foremost that lucid dreams are shit. I've had many of them and they're never as good as the ones where I'm just going with the flow, and half the time they end up waking me up (I guess due to my conscious mind becoming reactivated). Anyway, I'll list a few.

The oldest extremely vivid dream I remember was when I dreamed I was in this Atlantean city...this huge domed city where people had been living for centuries. I had somehow managed to end up there and couldn't get out. I wanted to get something to eat, but the currency was with eel spines and I didn't have any. So I went out into the sea to harvest some. On my way there, I ran into this father/son/grandson team of oceanographers that had gone missing and everyone presumed died at sea. Apparently they were trapped just as I was and were filming some sort of documentary in a pool.

One of the most coherent dreams I had was when I was in this abandoned school/mall that looked like some huge fallout shelter because people were setting up sleeping bags all over the place. I ran into this girl there who I really hit it off with because we had almost identical personalities. She then said she really wished she had some Cherokee ice cream which she always had when she was a kid, and I offered to go look for some. So I went off to some ice cream stand that was in this place and waited around forever because the stand was having technical difficulties and couldn't sell me any ice cream yet. I went over to this arcade right next to it and screwed around with the machines for a while until they were finally ready. So then I bought some Cherokee ice cream (which was in this red, white, and blue tub with the picture of a Native American on it) and headed back. At this point the place was really full of people and I figured I'd never find the girl again, especially since stuff always gets lost in dreams, but I did find her right where I left her. We shared the tub of ice cream, which was really good and tasted kind of like sweet maple-walnut. That dream surprised me (even in the dream) because everything that happened in it stayed static throughout the entirety of the dream instead of changing into other stuff like it normally does in dreams.

Very interesting, especially Danarchy's. My dreams usually start in one place and then end up in another.

For instance, this one time I had a dream that I was on a spaceship that was being overrun by some sort of alien (nothing doom-related at all). A couple of other people and I were the last survivors of the entire ship (from what I was told, was the size of a small city). There were five of us each with a certain specialty (I was an engineer, one was demolitions expert, one was a computer wiz, one was good with weapons, and the other was a jack-of-all trades of sorts). So we set up and small barricade in a room with four doors, each door leading into the unknown. After a while, the ship and reality began to blend together, and then all of a sudden instead of being in a room on this spaceship, I am now in a room with all my friends. We were in my living room of my house and we had set-up a bunch of barricade devices to stop an onslaught of zombies outside. I woke up shortly thereafter, but as you can tell, dreams like to shift around a lot.

I would have to say my favorite dream of all time has to be the one where I dreamt of living in the 1800s. Although not exactly what you might think. Think of this way: the insdutrial era has just begun, but the economy is much that of today (30,000 dollar cars, candy is a buck 25, etc). But cities are still dirty, dark and full of dust and dirt. In this dream I was a technician for the military. My job was to build things. I put things into a slot in my office and they are instantly built on an assembly line. I would slide in a model of tank, and it would be produced. The lunch bell rang and I got up and went outside. The streets were busy and dark, and the color brown was the primary color. I went to a merchant selling food and stuff at his stand in the middle of the town's square. I wanted to buy some salt water taffy (I don't know why) that he had, but he told me that he didn't have a license to sell the taffy, so he gave it to me for free. I went back to work building my stuff with the models, and then woke up.

That dream is the one I want to write a book about. I love it.

Anyone else have any good dreams they would like to share?

One dream I remember vividly happened about five months to this day.

In the dream, I was an unarmed space marine in a poorly-lit space station (aren't they all?) and looking for resources to bring back to my commander. I was looking down a long corridor when a anthropomorphic purple skunk decloaked before my eyes and pounced on me. I was tumbling butt over backwards trying to throw her off me. All I saw were flashes of white and purple and then I’m face to face with her. I hate making eye contact with people and I‘m allergic to being touched by other people, so when my face is so close to hers I can see pink hearts where the pupils are supposed to be, my first thought is “Oh dear God, no!”

I threw her off me and scrambled towards the nearest maintenance duct in a panicked, frenzied haze. As I hastily crawled down the duct, I taunted her along the lines of “Ha, try and catch me now!” I knew it was a dumb thing to say (since there was nothing stopping her from crawling in after me) and it isn't in character with me, but it was better than screaming my head off in abject terror.

I crawled out of the duct and made my way to a resource node that I knew was at a dead end. That was the last place I wanted to be after that close encounter, but the commander needed resources and I was closest to it. I reached the catwalk above the resource node and saw an M79 grenade launcher on the ground below. I was unarmed anyway, so I hopped down and collected this out-of-place weapon when I heard a noise from a nearby doorway behind me.

Without a second thought, I fired the grenade launcher and bounced a high-explosive round into the doorway. An explosion and somehow, I knew I hit something in the blast radius. I checked the doorway only to see Fifi covered in soot (as cartoon characters do when explosives go off near them). She blinked twice at me before the tears started up and she stood there, crying and boo-hooing. At that instant, I felt extremely bad and wanted to hug and comfort her, even though a few minutes ago I wanted to get the flying fuck away from her.

I was fairly shaken throughout the day at this dream. I kept thinking about this dream and what it was supposed to reflect in my mind. Two things came up: a fear of commitment or intimacy and a fear of hurting people who are close to me.

Antidote said:

That dream is the one I want to write a book about. I love it.

That reminds me. There was a dream I had that I wanted to turn into a novel.

I dreamed that I was in love with some Japanese girl, then she got kidnapped. I tracked her down to some space station Buddhist monastery. It was very clean and everything was white, but it was rather cramped with corridors doubling back on themselves. There was even this big shaft where all the monk's beds were basically stacked on top of each other. Anyway, there was something evil lurking about the station which had corrupted the monks or something. I just think that would make a great book.

More recently I had this dream. Most of it I forget, but at one point some evil force started possessing people. At one point I was sitting with some friends in a room and heard this distant sound that sounded kind of like Buddhist monks chanting. I kind of shrugged it off and then someone mentioned it later. I said something like "maybe someone has a Buddhist chanting alarm clock, heh heh". Then all of the sudden a couple friends got up in jerky movements and flung these doors open. They had the look of abject terror in their eyes, like they had no control over what they were doing and were powerless to stop themselves. Anyway, when they opened the doors, suddenly that sound came out of them, a lot louder this time, and I could hear this quick electronic-sounding speech mixed in with the sound. It was so freaky that it woke me up from my dream. Anyway, I thought that might be a cool thing to include in that story, what with its similar themes and all.

I get the wierdest dreams. Period.

My Non-Lucid dreams have a mind of their own, and incorporate the most RANDOM scenarios in them. Sometimes they reflect on what happened the day before the dream and sometimes not. Sometimes these seem to feel like they have an extremely long duration, like it will feel like I am performing stuff in a whole different world for a day's length.

My lucid dreams don't occur as often, but it's nice when it happens. Usually when I realize I'm in a dream, I get the power to do anything. I can fly and hurl reign fireballs from the sky if I wanted to. Unfotunatly, sometimes I wake up shortly afterwords.

One of my recent non-lucid dreams involved me being summoned in an Egyptian city, which was relativly primitative, as I saw people with mesh and spears. Someone said that the "godess" requested my assistance, and then some guy gave me an axe. So whatever, I just hung around standing there with an axe, but then all of a sudden a monsterous rhinoceros, which looked like it was 10 feet high and 30 feet long, covered with plated armor, stormed through the city and charged through a crowd of people killing them. I ran away but the rhino just kept chasing me and it finally caught up and started thrashing me into some huts. Next thing I know.. I'm sitting down playing cards with my friends telling them that I got attacked by a giant rhino.

A lucid dream that comes to mind dates 5 years back. I live across a park, and a tank monument (M1 Stuart) sits practically across from my house. Well I went outside, and noticed one of my frineds was on the tank, controlling the turret. He pivoted the turret and shot me, but I wasn't affected at the blast. I instantly knew I was dreaming, so I attempted to fly, and so it happened. My friend tried shooting me while I circled the tank in the air. I wanted to get him back real good, so being a little creative I created a meteor shower over the tank. My friend was alright, but that was fun blowing up the tank.

I have a distinct memory of screwing the Fibonacci sequence. I remember it being so real.

i remmember i had just wacthed toy story and then went bed.I had a vived dream i was renacting the movie trough the eyes of buzz lightyear.

HWGuy said:

HWGuy's Dream

Interesting, it seems to be a strong moral message. I don't get dreams like that.

Danarchy said:

Danarchy's Dream

That would prove to be an interesting novel.

Inferno said:

Inferno's Dream

Those dreams are interesting, although I don't think I have ever been able to control my actions in dreams, most of it is predetermined. Or maybe I am able to control myself, but I do not have thoughts of flights or incineration.

A dream I use to always have when I was younger involved this simply: I would be having a dream about something (usually random, and never the same) it would abruptly stop and I would hear this voice (all I can see is the darkness) "Time to set the alarm for Daddy" (mind you, I was between the ages of 5 and 12) and then all of a sudden I would hear this loud unearthly noise that was very unpleasant to hear (although not a sound, thing of a HOM in Doom, repeating the same thing over an over if you move in one direction, for instance, that is what it sounded like, the same sound repeating over and over again and not stopping, getting increasingly louder and garbled). I had all real actions with me, but I could not open my eyes and the sound would not stop. I could talk (as if I was awake), and I could move my arms and flail around. I could not open my eyes no matter how hard I tried. Everything around me felt like I was awake. Eventually the sounds stops and I wake up. But it had to be the worst nightmare I ever had in my life, and I've had some bad ones.

Inferno said:

A lucid dream that comes to mind dates 5 years back. I live across a park, and a tank monument (M1 Stuart) sits practically across from my house. Well I went outside, and noticed one of my frineds was on the tank, controlling the turret. He pivoted the turret and shot me, but I wasn't affected at the blast. I instantly knew I was dreaming, so I attempted to fly, and so it happened. My friend tried shooting me while I circled the tank in the air. I wanted to get him back real good, so being a little creative I created a meteor shower over the tank. My friend was alright, but that was fun blowing up the tank.

Heh, that reminds me of this one time I started lucid dreaming. I was wandering around, walking through various towns when I suddenly realised I wanted to get back and didn't know the way. Eventually I realised it was all a dream so I went, Hell I'll just fly back. So I started flying and having a blast then decided to go back...when I realised that I didn't know where 'back' was because it was just a stupid artefact the dream had implanted in my head. I hadn't really started anywhere. Upon realising that I woke up. Stupid lucid dreams.

Speaking of flying, that reminds me of this dream I had where I was wandering some huge metropolis like new york or something and had to cross this long bridge over some waterway. When I was about halfway across, I noticed a tornado coming for me over the water. I had nowhere to run so I ended up getting picked up by it. Eventually it let go of me, but I was hundreds of feet above the water and began to fall. Right when I was about to hit the surface of the water, I saw my computer monitor floating at a 90 degree angle to the water. I kind of went "wait...what the heck?" and it woke me from the dream just before I hit. I opened my eyes and my computer monitor was right in the middle of my vision, across the room.

I remember a couple of my dreams I wrote down in some of the older dream threads that are somewhere in here. They were all pretty fucked up as far as I can remember. This one was the last fucked up dream I had:

I was in this party at night and there was a pool. I was swimming for a minute then there was some kind of commotion. I got out of the pool and everyone was staring at me for a few seconds. Then I see a bunch of jock/preppy looking guys yelling and pointing at me. I thoutght things were going to get out of hand so I run out the door and my legs felt really wobbly so I stumbled out.

I was running through this courtyard and I run into a few people. There was this chick that looked a lot like Eliza Dushku, but I only had a short glance. I fall into a bush and I hid there. I see the jock guys running every in a frenzy, but two guys stayed in the area I was hiding. They looked real pissed off for some odd reason, then all of a sudden, a dalmation was barking and ran towards my direction. I stumbled out of the bush and one of the jock guys had a hunting rifle pointed at me. The one with the rifle told his buddy to call the other guys. So he ran off and I was still stumbling around because my legs were feeling like jelly and I was yelling at him "Don't use that rifle. Fight me like a man." So the jock guy threw the rifle away and he stands there. I yell out "Fight me!"

And that's where the dream ends. The odd thing was that I actually shouted out fight me! So my brother and mom got startled and asked who was screaming and I had to tell them I was having a dream. Crazy, eh?

The only lucid dream I can remember pretty well was one where I was watching a crossover episode of CSI and Without a Trace.

I've been known to yell/say things both in my sleep and coming right from a dream as Lizardcommando said. It is very frightening sometimes when I come out of a dream talking or saying something. Sometimes it happens and I can't even remember what the dream was about, all I know is that I'm talking about something. Weird, huh?

I've had some good'uns, i've written loads down in various forums and things over the years, i did want to start a big word document with them all in but only did one, which involved some lesbians, a tramp being run over by a train, and a green Hillman Imp

Sometimes my dreams turn lucid as i begin to wake up, and i only have a few minutes to "ruin the storyline", as it where, so i do stupid things or easily overcome the problem in the dream, for instance last night i had to get somewhere in a town and was "driving a car" (though actually walking, it seemed). It was painfully slow and i was 'destined' to only just get there in time. However as i started to wake up i decided to just get out of the car and run instead

I also had a series of ones where i'd be on railway lines, and a train would be coming but my legs would be too tired to move and i'd be pathetically trying to haul myself off. However my arms could move normally, so one time i decided to walk on my hands and pull myself along by the sleepers, which i did and i ended up speeding along the rails faster than the train

One of the more interesting incidents happened when i was in some building that was like a block of flats, and a bloke i fancied but had 'broken up with' (well he was pissing me about and obviously not interested) had gotten with somebody else, they where mucking about in the car park and stole a green VW Golf that looked like it had been done up by Wood & Pickett (it had a vinyl roof and really fancy velour seats and wood inside). They then drove out of the gate and crashed into a Beetle that was going past, a police Mitsubishi Warrior was going past and the guy i liked (Dale) got arrested and was sitting in it, suddenly there was a gunshot and Dales new boyfriend and some other people pulled him out, but he was dead. Later on i had invented time travel so went back and watched from ground level, they nicked the Golf and where driving around, then i saw the owners of it coming out of the building my past self was in (which had PANCASE2 walls and a GRAYBIG plinth in the middle) so i rushed across, leapt a low wall and saw the Beetle coming, i decided to hold it up and instead stole it GTA style. I raced alongside the Golf and was egging them on, so we went for a race, and somehow teleported to my home town, losing the cops (and going the wrong way down a one-way street). We ended up in a car park and Dale still ignored me and wandered off with the other guy. So i time-travelled again, to the front seat of the Warrior, and shot him before dissapearing, showing the gunshot was actually me all along

Also the name for my secret agent comic Eugene Manx came from a dream, but the dream was set in the 80's and he had a Toyota MR2 which could change colour, and appearance to a degree, and the comic is set in 1950... but the name was too good to pass up

i had a lucid dream once where this guy asked me to defend him and i had a shotgun,so i turned around blew his head off and went for a dram beer.

I agree with Danarchy that lucid dreaming sucks, because as Deathbringer said it "ruins the storyline". Which I hate.

Well, I did post in the other thread, though this one much more suits my dreams, the vivid ones of course. Here's what I wrote in the other thread -

The most recent one that comes to mind was probably only a month or two ago. I'm atop this hill overlooking a beautiful landscape. The landscape comprises only of green grass and off in the distance a dense forest. Atop this same hill is a chinese/japanese style house, and its farily big. As the hill descendes, there is a shed in the same style, along with some dirt beds with either dead vegetation or no vegetation at all. The sun is setting behind the chinese/japanese house, lighting up the sky with a very nice orange glow. Immediately, I start rolling down the hill. As I roll down, I collide right into the shed, which topples over, not slowing me down one bit. I continue to roll over the grass, the ground slowly evening out as it gets closer to the forest. Just before it evens out perfectly, I roll into the forest. I turn around and look up at the hill I started at, seeing the house and the sunset glow. I don't actually see the sun since it's hidden behind the house, but I can see the rest of the clear sky lit up by the setting sun.

Then I woke up.

I actually had a strange dream last night where my teeth kept hurting from fatigue and closing my mouth just made the muscles ache more. I then tried to bend my teeth into a position that would make it ache less until one of my teeth cracked and a searing pain ensued throughout my mouth.

Now, on a more recent note, I actually had a dream the other night that was quite vivid. What happened was I was in my house, only it wasn't quite my house. The layout and the shape were exactly the same (at least inside) except all the walls, floors, etc., they were all covered in some sort of dark colored fabric, mostly dark purple, and the lighting was very dim, coming either from candles or an unkown source. There's a party going on filled with famous adults and I was standing on the platform of the stairwell between the first and second floor. I was sort of on the outskirt of a conversation of 3 or 4 guys chatting about a movie. All of them were movie stars, talking about one guy's movie, but the only famous guy I recognize among them is Alan Rickman. In anycase, I throw in a comment or two into the convo before my dad pulls me away to go down to the first floor and meet someone else. (NOTE - at the bottom of the stairwell on the first floor is a table. In my house, it is a glass top supported on a wooden frame, however in the dream it was also covered in a sort of velvety fabric). I get down there and he pulls me over to this sort of aged, round black man who I don't seem to know at all. Then, my dad promptly says "Say hello to Mr. Gulliani!" (As in the former mayor of New York, Mayor Gulliani). Now, I acknowledge his importance and shake his hand. At this point, my conscience starts to kick in because I remember that the man is actually white, not black. NOt a second after I remember this, my brother brushes past me roughly, knocking me off my feet and into the table, which falls over. Embarrased, I pick up the table and apologize to Mr. Gulliani.

And then I wake up.

In regard to my brother, he's actually been doing his best to ignore me for the last 2 years, so that may have something to do with him :P

In my dreams, they are always symbolic, and you can tell that at the end of them. One of my reoccuring dreams is that I do the who RPG cliche where the main character sacrifices himself, and at the end, I tell a fairly close friend of mine that I love her, and then die. This usually leaves her fairly sad and depressed for a little while in the "epilogue" of my dream, as my dreams contradict the whole Rpg cliche of "Main characters who die will always come back through plot holes". Then at the very end of the dream I am having, I see "God", who by the way basically is Morgan Freeman (or at least thats how I picture god to be in my dreams anyways), saying "There is always a lesson to be learned." Then I wake up to my alarm.

I hate dreams where I start by getting out of bed. Then I wake up, go through the exact same motions, and feel like I'm in the matrix.

I had a few strange dreams, sometimes they are painfully obvious messages and other times they serve no plot whatsoever. I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare, that is not to say that I can't remember disturbing dreams. Just I am never really scared in them anymore, like a part of me knows it is not real. Often the most disturbing dreams are the ones where I murder people for no reason, either by mistake or without purpose. I would without sympathy just kill people, then try to reassure myself it was the right thing to do. Those dreams always get to me. Then like I said before, there were the ones that are by mistake (ie: Of Mice and Men). I am not a sick person, I would never take a life, yet I have these dreams. It gets to me.

There there are the just plain wierd ones. I dreamed... Man I don't even know how to describe it... Like a haunted house party or something, then it was in a giant fishtank... Wow...

Then I had a zombie dream, unlike the usual hero in those movies I did actually turn into a zombie, and it sucked.

I remember a recent dream it had the devil burning kittens and it was some theme park or something...

So yeah, that is me rambling about nothing at half past 3 in the morning...

zap610 said:

Then I had a zombie dream, unlike the usual hero in those movies I did actually turn into a zombie, and it sucked.

I had that dream once. There was some srot of zombie resistance front or something. Then they captured me and the leader bit me and it hurt like a bitch. Why did he have to do it on my neck?

I get a lot of post-apocalyptic dreams in which I among a few others survive. A lot of them random people I have known throughout my life. Usually it's caused by nuclear bombs, sudden disappearances of a massive amounts of people, or Dawn of the Dead zombie like dreams. Strange stuff. And always so vivid.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I had a very off non-lucid nightmare about a week ago- that I was the guy my username implies (in the most literal sense I do indeed fap to Fisk), and I took the place of the marine in Resurrection of Evil. At first it was kinda cool, blasting shit to pieces with the SSG, and then it degenerated into some really twisted, unexplainably freaky stuff, like fighting that monster attached to Betruger in the center of a tessarect (sic), or when a 4-headed imp started gutting me.

There's lots of in-between, but I'll save it and just say that when I woke up the next morning, I almost shit a brick when I couldn't feel my arm.

SmellyOgre said:

I get a lot of post-apocalyptic dreams in which I among a few others survive. A lot of them random people I have known throughout my life. Usually it's caused by nuclear bombs, sudden disappearances of a massive amounts of people, or Dawn of the Dead zombie like dreams. Strange stuff. And always so vivid.

I get those too! They aren't actually as bad as it sounds because it gives the same feeling a movie of that sort would.. some sort of noble calling and the idea that you are working towards the hope of mankind's survival.. kinda hard to describe, i dunno. It must be something primeval though because there are movies and games about it, and a bunch of people have dreams about it. Hell, I'll admit, when I'm bored I daydream tons, and a lot of those daydreams are about heroism and the like and plenty of times I'll be daydreaming a world overrun by zombies or something else where there are only a few people left and we're all just surviving and fighting the hordes. It sounds nerdy when I say it however :P