Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Ronge

Scythe demos [-complevel 2]

Psichotic's demos don't play back with doom2.exe, nor any PrBoom(-plus) 2.2.x versions I tested. They play back with the PrBoom-plus 2.4.x versions I tested. Were they really recorded with -complevel 2 (as the .txt files claim)?

... aaah so that mean that we are just noobs who don't know how to use -complevels

Sorry, didn't test the compat level (like I would if I were at home) before uploading his runs - just that they played back at all.

I highly recommend changing the cfg to make 2 the default compatibility level, assuming that's what you'll be using most. Then you only need to use -complevel in the command line if you want to use something different (most often 9 for Boom, or 3 for Ultimate Doom).

BTW, for coop recordings you need to have the compat level you want to use in the config file that is used by the server.

Three more from psichotik, all on map16: Max (1:51), Speed (0:22) and Pacifist (0:27) - the last two using an archie jump. Confirmed vanilla-compatible this time.

sc-psic2.zip

If you meant to attach something, then it didn't arrive. Or did you e-mail it? In any case, a more informative post would be useful.

More from Jakub "psichotik" Hornicak:
map06 Max 1:19
map14 Speed 0:34
map31 Speed 0:42

Sorry for the delay in uploading these - I have spent the last two weeks in US National Parks and canyonlands, and have been mostly out of Internet/e-mail contact. Also, please note that I haven't verified these runs apart from checking that they play back with prboom-plus.

sc-psic3.zip

Yet more from Jakub "psichotik" Hornicak:
map02 Max in 0:52
map03 Max in 0:57
map04 Max in 0:42
map10 Max in 0:34
Episode 1 Max movie in 11:23

sc-psic4.zip

I found some older maxdemos:
map11 - 1:48 (lame 1sec improvement)
map20 - 2:15 (lame demo :-)
I should improve both of them but if I don't have a time to play I will perhaps upload them.

Neat map20 tyson there. It almost looked like the Cyberdemon killed the Archvile on purpose. Heh, what's masherish?

I had missed the demo... now I see why. With the attachment system you can get to see the post without the demo, and then if no one posts (like in this case) those regularly going by the "new posts" feature might forget about the post and miss the attachment. I guess the only sure way around that would be for the mod confirming the attachment to make a post, alerting anyone that the demo's been added.

Kimo: Excellent!
you find that map16 pacifist record is already 0:27 by psichotik - insluding THAT AV jump :)

hehe. The scythe map16 record is actually 0:22 UV-Speed by psichotik, it's in the 4th page of the scythe thread.
I'd like to make summary tables for all classic megawads, especially the ones not allowed in Compet-N. Check the table I made in the 3rd page of PL2 thread. What do you think ?

DSDA exists for confirming records, so the summary isn't necessary, is it? However, there are a lot of demos in this thread which haven't been uploaded to DSDA yet.
Can we upload them without permission of the author? If it is no problem, Kimo should do it (excluding pl2's demos) instead of making the summary.

kimo_xvirus wrote:
One of my best runs ever! This equals the one in Tatsurd's TAS movie

Great!

Sorry for double posting but I'm sure that I attached the zip the first time I posted, here is it :)
EDIT: Oh well I uploaded it here

I did a stupid mistake in the result screen.
I pushed space key right away and entered to the "read me" screen.
Is it invaild as a record?

MAP 6 UV-Max in 1:14

Edit: The attachment was deleted.