Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

NES Doom!

Well, not just there yet...but it looks promising ;-)

Original video:

"Shooting" update:

The guy says he will post the ROM to anyone asking via PM....any takers?

Too bad graphics, I can't hear nothing. Sorry, creator.

If I made NES Doom I wouldn't bother with 3d graphics. Just copy the Doom AI code into a 2d NES engine. That way I can enjoy blasting Imps and evading their fireballs without experiencing poor graphics like here. The default monster A_Chase code only moves them in eight possible directions, so it should work fine here too. Button A should be FIRE, while B should be OPEN-DOOR-ACTIVATE-SWITCH. Start should be MAIN-MENU, while SELECT be CHANGE-WEAPON.

The guy is probably writing the thing from scratch in NES assembler, so I don't know to what extent it's possible to reuse existing code for it.

Wow, I never thought I'd see something that would make SNES Doom look great, much less technologically advanced.

Jesus Christ you people are a bunch of god damn babies, it's the friggin NES for gods sake what the hell do you expect.

That would be awesome if we could see Wolf3D on the NES. I'd pay $100 for a cart. What is that, about 15 fps? You could probably add some more graphical goodness by lowering the resolution.

Well, the walls look like solid unshaded polygons, so there's no "resolution" in the usual sense used for texture-mapped and 2D games. It may actually prove more time consuming to forcibly lower it below the normal, fixed hardware resolution.

Why is it whenever Linguica posts he says the same thing I'm going to say?

Linguica, you posting makes me obselete. :(

That's impressive. But I can run Doom in my dreams, with better resolution, slipknot sondtrack and strippers.

Now, how's that for a port?

Alboroto said:

That's impressive. But I can run Doom in my dreams, with better resolution, slipknot sondtrack and strippers.

Now, how's that for a port?

An ear-raping version of Duke 3D?

Ralphis said:

Why is it whenever Linguica posts he says the same thing I'm going to say?

Linguica, you posting makes me obselete. :(

finish zeldoom you faggot

I'd like to hear the tunes to this NES Doom. That console always makes music sound better.

the iron hitman said:

you can actually get that soundtrack from doom depot :D

It's not on their music pages. Secret location?

GGG said:

I'd like to hear the tunes to this NES Doom. That console always makes music sound better.

Oh yeah, square waves are great.

GGG, i thought that the music seeing as they are on similar type consoles i thought the music might be similar....but im probably wrong but i think NES doom is on there