Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
læmænt

Secrets

It DID count as a secret.

It's unbelievable that people in these forums don't know the games they're supposed to know :P

Dude, I played that map as late as yesterday, so I know what I'm talking about: It doesn't count as a secret. But as Espi says there are probably differences between ver 1.666 and ver 1.9. I have ver 1.666 which is fine by me, so I can't get arsed to upgrade it.

the only one I ever found without cheating is the one with the busted-up highway.

Sounds like quite a rewarding find :P

I have DOOM versiAn 0.3 but I can't get any secrets at all with it? THERE ARE NO SERCRETS IN DOUM!!!

Upgrade to 1.9 you frad(s).

Upgrade to 1.9 you frad(s).

Why should I, "frad"?
Doom 2 ver 1.666 has no bothersome glitches and works ok on my system, so why in the red @¤£$ should I waste time ugrading?

Doom 2 ver 1.666 has no bothersome glitches and works ok on my system, so why in the red @¤£$ should I waste time ugrading?

Multiplayer and source port compatibility.

Multiplayer and source port compatibility.

When I feel like trying out one of the source ports, I'd upgrade. Right now I'm happy with Vanilla Doom 2 as it is.

considering the lack of experience with the engine, i think that the Doom secrets were actually good. I'm a firm beliver in tougher secret=better prize. I don't think you should ever need to find a secret to finish a level.

Any pwad where the author has turned off the automap altogether gets immeadiately deleted. I really hate that...

considering the lack of experience with the engine, i think that the Doom secrets were actually good. I'm a firm beliver in tougher secret=better prize. I don't think you should ever need to find a secret to finish a level.

Any pwad where the author has turned off the automap altogether gets immeadiately deleted. I really hate that...

Definitely. Agree with every word.

What I hate is finding a secret in which I get raped by monsters or just loose my health all together. Secrets should be something worth while to find, and not just finding a secret with a medkit and then 20 mancubi.

that goes without saying. There are some truly gay wads out there with secrets containing JUST enemies, the kind of wads written by men with very small penises.

They're normally Wolf conversions, strangely enough...
excluding WolfenDoom of course, which still roxors the boxers.

I don't mind monsters in secrets if it's a megasphere or something, provided the whole net bonus isn't lost or worse just to get to it, now that sucks.

AH! HE HAS NO SOURCE PORT...THAT'S HOW COME HE DOESN'T SEE IT AS A SECRET!!!!

I should know above all, I USE ZDOOM!!!! WHENEVER I ENTER THAT ROOM, THE GOLD CENTERED MESSAGE "A SECRET IS REVEALED!" POPS RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES. YOU'D HAVE TO BE BLIND NOT TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!

mancubi

Before this week, I've seen this word maybe ten times in my life. But this is about the 100th time in the last 3 days. What happen?

Before this week, I've seen this word maybe ten times in my life. But this is about the 100th time in the last 3 days. What happen?

Did you miss the whole "plural of Mancubus" debate in the General forum? Lucky you.

Personally, "mancubi" just sounds right, and "mancubuses" just sounds dumb.

AH! HE HAS NO SOURCE PORT...THAT'S HOW COME HE DOESN'T SEE IT AS A SECRET!!!!

I should know above all, I USE ZDOOM!!!! WHENEVER I ENTER THAT ROOM, THE GOLD CENTERED MESSAGE "A SECRET IS REVEALED!" POPS RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES. YOU'D HAVE TO BE BLIND NOT TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!

That really pisses me off. You can't turn it off, can you?

mancubi

Jack's right again. Respect for Jack now at dangerously high level.

Why do y'all have to make such a fuss about the plural of mancubus?
Both 'plural forms' sound ok to me for Pete's sake!

Why do y'all have to make such a fuss about the plural of mancubus?
Both 'plural forms' sound ok to me for Pete's sake!

And both are gramatically correct too. Unlike the new millennium celebrations, where only I am right and everyone who doesn't agree with mt is wrong.

Did you miss the whole "plural of Mancubus" debate in the General forum?

You mean the 6th whole "plural of Mancubus" debate? :P

Unlike the new millennium celebrations, where only I am right and everyone who doesn't agree with mt is wrong.

Who's mt? Your duck (Dark Fox related joke)?

HAHAHHAhahAhahahahahaHahahh

Uh, Zal, don't you think ROOFLEROFLROOFLEROFLROOFLEROFLROOFLROFL would sound better?
dsm: I've never been happy with just paling-Jane, vanilla Doom2. Too buggy (in the form of not being able to look up/down/all around and not even being able to jump) for me. So I just download a source port or 5 to make it better:)
At the very least go download PRBoom. It's vanilla Doom2, the way you like it, except better!:)

I once downloaded Doom Legacy, which was interesting at first, but it somehow felt different than Doom in a way I wasn't too happy with, so I uninstalled it. After uninstalling Legacy, I tried to run vanilla Doom.
Oh Horror! It refused to run. It ran fine before I installed Legacy, but apparently Legacy fucked up something. So, the game refused to run from DOS and it refused to run from Windows, so I tried Doom95, which worked (but left a lot to be desired).

One day I tried Vanilla Doom again, and lo and behold! It worked!
I got rid of that lousy Doom95 thing and returned to Vanilla joy, yay!

So that's my less-than-desirable experience with source ports. I'm no purist (at least not one of those fucktards who claims that "Doom source ports are a sin"), but I prefer Vanilla Doom, because it reminds me of my first meeting with Doom.
I would like to try one of the other source ports, but my abovementioned experience keeps me from downloading any of 'em.

I've never been happy with just paling-Jane, vanilla Doom2. Too buggy (in the form of not being able to look up/down/all around and not even being able to jump) for me.

From any possible point of view the inability to jump and freelook cannot be concealed, whooops, cannot be considered a bug in the original DOOM, because it was something which they never planned to implement. It's like saying that DOOM is buggy because it doesn't boil eggs (abstract metaphoric analogy).

I've never been happy with just paling-Jane, vanilla Doom2. Too buggy (in the form of not being able to look up/down/all around and not even being able to jump) for me.

From any possible point of view the inability to jump and freelook cannot be concealed, whooops, cannot be considered a bug in the original DOOM, because it was something which they never planned to implement. It's like saying that DOOM is buggy because it doesn't boil eggs (abstract metaphoric analogy).

heh, nice:)

I agree. ZDoom often spoils older maps where you can jump to reach things quickly etc. It's not what you'd define as a bug.

But ZDoom rox.

I have a question about Mt. Eberus. The big triangular pit with water at the north of the map, how do you get into that blue rectangular box with a switch in it?

Thanks very much for resurrecting an 8-month old post.

Assuming you're serious... you have to teleport to the structure in the middle of the triangular water section, then walk around the ledge near the blue box. Stand with your back facing the blue box and run backwards and shoot a rocket towards the wall in front of you at the same time, that should get you in.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, I ressurected an old post. Is there something wrong with that? I don't go to forums that much.

The Kurgan said:

Thanks for the help.

Yes, I ressurected an old post. Is there something wrong with that? I don't go to forums that much.

Well on this forum, ressurecting old posts = very bad thing.

You could say there's something wrong with it. Just hope the Ban-O-Matic is on the fritz.

/me dives for cover.

DC