Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
EllipsusD

Did I press the right button?

GAH!! My message was erased... Anyway, long story short:
I'm going to try to get back into level making. I want to make a level for the standard Doom2.exe. I'm thinking of using DoomCad, but I would like to know if there is something better out there you could suggest.
I would also like to know of a decent node builder. Any you could reccomend?

I'm thinking of using DoomCad, but I would like to know if there is something better ..... I would also like to know of a decent node builder.

Everyone has their own favorite editor, which is typically what each person is used to. I don't know how good DooMCad is, but I do know that WadAuthor and DeepSea are both excellent and versatile programs. (Neither of them is free, but you can use them on a trial basis.) BSP is a good node builder, but both WadAuthor and DeepSea come with their own node builders. The one with DeepSea is reputedly the best available.

Good luck with editing.

I'd recommend deth 4.24 for level editing. There are several good nodebuilders, bsp, warm and zennode works just fine.

I used doomCAD too before I switched to deth, I can tell you, deth is soo much faster and nicer once you get the hang of it.

I'm happy with Waded

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Waded is good for just making the actual layout for a map but doing anything else with it is a waste of time. DeepSea is good but it takes a while to get used to because of the approximately 10000000000000000000000000000 obscure features it has (not to mention the fact that it crashes a lot for me). Wadauthor is generally the easiest to use but it also takes the longest to make a good map with it.