Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Doom...John Woo Style

Hi all, avid Doom fan here. Never bothered to register for the forums, but i need to now.

I was wondering if there's a Doom mod out there that lets you have Dual Pistols, Dual shotguns, or Dual chainguns, etc?

Twice Risen TC has "dual pulse cannons", wich are two chainguns firing very fast.

well, i mean a weapon mod. i don't want new levels, just a weapon mod that "enhances" the Doom weapons. I particularly want the Dual pistols as seen in "Doom Millennium", but without the extra levels. Any ideas?

Well Immoral Conduct has dual pistols-although they're incredibly gay because when you fire them, you see the normal pistol firing animation, and only one of the pistols fires.

so the other pistol's just there for fun? like, he's holding it for no damn reason?

Exactly. It's just so damn gay. Basically what Immoral Conduct does is change the weapon sounds, sprites and the ammo for certain weapons. So it's not like you're getting much extra-unless you play with anything other than Legacy (which has broken ICD support) and Ultimate Doom, in which case you'll get the Super Shotgun. However, you've got to cheat to get it, since there was no Super Shotgun in Ultimate/Regular Doom, just Doom2.
Download it if you want and try it out.

ahh, damnit. nevermind. thanks for your help. john woo would be sooo disappointed if he played Doom.

Chuck Lai's mega wad Doom 2 x-treme uses two of everything and is a kick in the pants to play. The weapons fire very fast.

Not sure where to get it these days, his page I think is down, but maybe somewhere out there. I don't have a page where I can share my copy. Try a search and see if you can come up with someplace to get it.
Good luck.

Hey DoomBoy,
Have you tried Immoral Conduct with EDGE? If you do you'll see some of the most kickass weapons in any wad out there(dual uzis,dual pistols,grenade launchers,etc)

I didn't even know you could use Immoral Conduct with anything other than EDGE! From what you've said it seems that it's a load of *%#% when used with other source ports!!

Hmm....I'll have to try that.
And sure you can use with other source ports.

Mine has dual MAC-10's, dammit!! How come everyone forgets Lock and Load? Oy! I had akimbo pistols before, but I replaced them with a single desert eagle .50, but I'll be putting the pistols back in...among other things. Anyways, I guess Immoral Conduct for EDGE is going downhill or something? Hopefully not, I mean, I HAVE seen the bloody code, and i have played it. I think you guys are referring to the dehacked version. And Chuck Lai's Doom 2 Extreme series is nowhere to be found, because it was on Tha Doomshack which is now kaput.

pilotto: I tried playing your Lock and Load v.2 weapon mod for EDGE. I couldn't. I just got a big, stinkin' shitload of errors.
What's up with that?

Good question. I tested the latest version myself on 1.24, which is what it's made for. You have to, by the way, have the DDFS from it in the same directory as EDGE (now you're probably saying whoops), and that's about it. As long as you're working with 1.24 and are using the DDFs in the same directory, it should all work properly. I can't fix it just yet because I don't have my computer, and won't have it for another 2 weeks, SO, that's pretty much it. But it should work just fine. If you're getting errors, then obciously you haven't over written all the old DDFS, etc. There are no DDFs in the wad as for some reason the goddamn things won't work in the wad (I do know why, but can't fix it, because ddfinwad refuses to put the ddf files at hte top of the wad lump listings). And that's it. If you refuse to use 1.24 for it, that's your choice, don't play it because I doubt it'll work properly.

NWC.

get chuck lai's doom2 extreme and extreme gold at http://www.parkerinfo.com/dmdo/dmdo2.htm
scroll down to the TC section.
That thing is a ripoff 'tho.
Just about all the levels have been ripped out of other wads. A fair few from TNT even.