Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mmnpsrsoskl

Misc. Info About Maps

These questions have probably already been discussed but I haven't been on the message board for quite a while, so here goes :

1. With regards to level placement, will it still be the same order (ie 15-31-16 or 15-31-32-16) or will it be different? (I am doing map 31)

2. Has there been an agreement on which levels can have which weapons/items?

1. AFAIK, it will be the very same as in DOOM2.

2. This was discussed and although no certain decision was made, I think it was generally agreed that the weapon/item appearance should be about similiar to DOOM2, maybe that some weapons should appear later in the game.

1. It will DEFINITELY be the same as Doom 2's, as there is no way to change this using the standard doom2.exe, or even Boom.

But if you change the order of the exits, you complete mess things up, as the normal exits on map 31 and map 32 always take you to map 16.

This means that if the map with the secret level exit is earlier than map 15, then you'll miss out levels. If it's later than map 15, then you'll repeat levels.

well actually, if you put the secret exit on any other map than 15 31 or 32 it'll cause the map to replay. Just like it'll cause the map to replay if you do it on e1m9 e2m9 e3m9 and e4m9 in udoom

No. The level procedure is hard coded in Doom2.exe there's only 2 exits really normal and secret.

besides. just flip place between map31 and map32 and you got them in a different sequence. but you can flip map01 and map30 in the same way. does nothing to change.