Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gabrimcr

Cleaning up a sprite location

Gabrimcr said:

I want to modify existing monsters and i don't want to delete every sprite pixel by pixel!!!

Just delete the entries.

But I don't want to delete the entry because I need it. I only want to create a new image for the monster. For example: instead of the demon I want to insert Winnie the Pooh... or other.

Gabrimcr said:

But I don't want to delete the entry because I need it. I only want to create a new image for the monster. For example: instead of the demon I want to insert Winnie the Pooh... or other.

Delete the entries, then load in the new images and rename them to the relevant entry names.

Gabrimcr said:
This isn't the right solution.

Why not?

A sprite is a series of pictures with the same base name, such as SARG. What kind of modification do you need to make, changing some details in the pictures, recoloring some parts, or both? Or do you want completely new pictures for the set (for example SARG)?

The pictures of the new set are best edited or drawn in another program, such as The GIMP or Paint Shop Pro, and when finished, loaded into your wad with XWE between the SS_START and SS_END markers. Once you have the pictures it's easy to place them in the wad. Naturally, making or modifying each picture can be quite a lot of work.