Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Napalm

ZDoom questions

I just downloaded ZDoom, and have been using my Plutonia wad from Doom Collector's Edition(which I deleted, due to the unenablement of me using my ever-faithfull mouse).
But I have some questions about the program:
I have a Gravis Gamepad Pro controller, and can't find any way to make it active. Is it possible to use, if so, how do I enable it?
When I run it in full-screen mode, the whole screen is off to the left about one-and-a-half inches. Can I fix this?

That's all the q's I can remember now. Thanks.

a gamepad isn't the way to go.

the mouse and keyboard is recomended.

and the ports like Zdoom etc. brings support for the mouse.

It may be better to post this question at the ZDoom Forums, which you can find here:

http://www.notgod.com/phorum/index.php?f=2

(BTW, there's already a Captain Napalm in the Doom community, you're not him are you? If not, I hope people don't end up getting confused... :) )

someone here is already registered under my real nick name Kaiser.....crap

You can do like fraggle or tom and put a ` or _ or something after the name. Or go by Käïsër ;)

When I run it in full-screen mode, the whole screen is off to the left about one-and-a-half inches. Can I fix this?
That's all the q's I can remember now. Thanks.

You have probably set your monitor up for your Windows desktop resolution, and most likely are playing zdoom in a lesser resolution, such as 800 x 600. While zdoom is running, use your monitor adjustments to center and size the display properly for that resolution, whatever it is.
Otherwise, ya got me.

I just had the same problem with the Gravis gamepad pro. The trick is to make a new button set in your gravis Xperince settings, and set your buttons to be keystrokes instead of diretx buttons. Example. Button one, set to be Ctrl. button 1 will now bw your fire button. I dunno if this will be the same for ZDoom, cause I got this to work using just vanilla Doom.

Alright, thanks for the replies and that link.
Hey, my Gamepad didn't come with a program, can assign the button's keys another way, if so, how?

someone here is already registered under my real nick name Kaiser.....crap

You can do like fraggle or tom and put a ` or _ or something after the name. Or go by Käïsër ;)

If I were Kaiser, I'd make a new username like Kaiser666 or -Kaiser- or something. It would also get rid of that damning title. :)

Alright, thanks for the replies and that link.
Hey, my Gamepad didn't come with a program, can assign the button's keys another way, if so, how?

No. You need Keyset Manager. If you got it without software you either stole it or bought it off someone (dumb), or were given it (unfortunate).

You can't use vanilla with it, but ZDoom should recognise it. Go to the reassign menu and press enter over an assignment. Press the button on the controller. If it works, yay, if not, you're screwed. Check to see if you're controller is working properly in Control Panel. If it isn't there then it isn't being recognised without the software and you're screwed.

THIS SHOULD BE IN SOURCEPORTS. LEARN.

The Gravis Gamepad Pro is sorta lame. I had one of those things like five years ago. ATM I have a Playstation Dual Shock plugged right into my PC and it's definitely the way to go.

In the ZDoom console, see if 'use_joystick' is set to true or not. By default I think it isn't.

If the Gravis Gamepad Pro isn't showing up in your Gaming Devices thing in your Control Panel then nothing can use it. Fiddle around on there, autodetect it, configure it, you should be able to get it going.

BTW, I like TNT better than Plutonia. You should too. Trust me. Okay fine fuck you then.

BTW, I like TNT better than Plutonia. You should too. Trust me. Okay fine fuck you then.

We had a poll on this, did you see? A fucking draw. I ask you. Plutionia is the cuntiest of cunty IWADs.