Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Black_Icon

New Doom Project

Hello...

I am simply posting this in search for a partner (or several partners) that would want to help me create a 32 level conversion for Doom II.

I am a 'newbie' to all the Doom editing stuff, so if you are advanced at creating Doom levels I wouldn't suggest you working with me unless you are very nice or you can be patient while I struggle through a lot of things.

I am using Wadauthor for my main utility and Wintex 4.3 for graphics and sound development stuff. I am appreciative of anyone who reads this with an open mind. You can email me at doom_reflecting_god@yahoo.com if you are interested. Please put something with "Doom" or "Doom Editing" in the subject so I don't delete it right away.

Thank you!!!
Sincerely,
Black Icon

May I suggest that, as a newbie to DooM editing, you start on a somewhat less ambitious project than a 32-level TC. There have been very few 32-level TCs of good quality released, mainly because of the amount of work, talent, and patience required. If you want to make a TC, go right ahead. But plan to make a few good maps instead of 32 mediocre maps. Better yet, release a few good maps without making a TC. You'll make a name for yourself and then you'll be able to attract the talent for your 32-level TC.

I suppose that may be the way to go and it might in fact be what I end up doing. But as of now I'm more focused at a 32 level conversion. I somewhat had this idea of what I wanted it to look like, but that is subject to change depending on what others think. I'm open to ideas. Other then that, I appreciate your reply.

As I'm sure you've figured out, the main elements of a TC are:
1. new maps
2. new textures & flats
3. new enemy, weapon, and thing sprites
4. new sounds
5. new music
6. new graphics for status bar, etc.
7. possibly a dehacked patch

I'd estimate that more than 50% of your time will be spent in creating the maps. If you're using already available graphic, music, and sound resources, then the time spent on mapping probably goes up to 80%

You could start designing and creating some maps, keeping in mind that they may end up in a TC. That way, even if you change your mind about the TC, you'll have some maps to release. Good luck.