• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomguy0505

Doom BuilderX

This is based on Doom Builder 1.68 r386
Current version is 1.06 (28/01/08)

New features in this

• You can switch to a wad editor and Doom Builder reopens the map after editing (in the same zoom and spot as before)
  • You can define constant values for line specials (config using the feature is included)
  • Added guis for most features
  • Ability to upgrade configuration
  • Game configuration specific test parameters
  • Comes with a help file
  • "forcewad" option for an additional addwad for a game configuration (useful in skulltag where you would want skulltag.wad to be loaded)
  • Environ variables added for test path so that you can use "%DOOMPATH%\\zdoom.exe" instead of "[path-to-zdoom]\\zdoom.exe" in test prefabs
  • New //$SPRITE for Decorate things
  • Acc options are external, so you can change the acc path and parameters (you need to modify builder.cfg directly to change these, however)
DownloadsDeveloper Info
  • ACC modifications are in the "Compile" button of frmScript
  • DECORATE sprite modifications are in ApplyDecorateThings and most of the functions that begin with GetThing.
Stuff you'll find at the end of the file

builderx, builderx->acc, builderx->acc->path and builderx->acc->command and made automatically if not found, environ needs to be added if you want to use environment variables
builderx
{

environ
	{
		DOOMPATH = "G:\\MyDocs\\Doom";
	}

acc
	{
		path = "%path%\\acc.exe";
		command = "%scriptshort% %objshort%";
	}

}

Ah, looks interesting. Speaking of patches, I have quite a bit of stuff in the version I adjusted for SRB2 that might be useful in general... Maybe I should do something similar.

There's a new version that makes the test switching faster.

@Xtife: I haven't added file related things so I don't see why this is only in BuilderX

Doombuilder would crash if you tried using a function while 3D mode was loading. Is that fixed now?

so it seems :( i hope my work isnt corrupt or anything
any ideas on how to fix this

i fixed the problem

i reinstalled DB 1.68 and applied your patch after
and it work

If you like, I can change the bug report form on my website to send the emails to you instead. Also, if you like, I can forward you a few bug reports I have received that might be usefull.

Doomguy0505: There might be some things of interest in the version that I forked for SRB2, which you're welcome to merge into DBX if you like. Here's a changelog. I'll PM you a link to the SVN repo if you're interested, rather than just post it, since it's on a rather low-bandwidth server.

Doomguy0505 said:

• "forcewad" option for an additional addwad for a game configuration (useful in skulltag where you would want skulltag.wad to be loaded)

• Could someone tell me how this is done ?

Doomguy0505 said:

Add a line like this to a game configuration file

forcewad = "$PATH$";

I cannot get it to work.

I tried this for my Risen3D-Doom2.cfg file ...

// This forces an additional wad to be loaded
    forcewad = "D:\program files\Risen3Dv2\Data\Risen3D.wad";

and this ...

// This forces an additional wad to be loaded
    forcewad = "$D:\program files\Risen3Dv2\Data\Risen3D.wad$";

Neither worked.

Although if I load Risen3D.wad manually via Additional Textures and Flats from WAD file: ... I can get Risen3D.wad to load.

I have a question about DoomBuilderX, it's possible to bind moving linedefs/vertices to a key there and properties too?

Doomguy0505 said:

You forgot to escape the backslashes, try this instead

forcewad = "D:\\program files\\Risen3Dv2\\Data\\Risen3D.wad";

That worked, thanks ! :)

The //$SPRITE for decorate things is nice; would it be possible for the next version to have some kind of marker that says to draw an arrow and what colour to use? I was thinking along the lines of //$ARROW bool and //$COLOR string.

It would save having to make custom DB config files for each work that uses extra WAD files. //$TITLE string would be nice too, but not as essential, as careful use of meaningful class names can obviate that.