Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

hey ling, the shock has worn off, some suggestions...

i have to admit, the forums are faster than they were before, but the old forum had a lot of features that weren't anywhere else. like being able to reply to a certain thread, and being able to see if there's a reply, update, or whatever to a post before going in. i personnaly hate this bumping shit. if no one replies to your thread right away, it gets buried. lame!

hey ling, i understand the new forums are better than before, but is there something you can do about these problems? it's obviously annoying everyone. the forums were slow but organized before. now instead it's fast but a jumble of mess.

ps. what's up? no message icons? no images? i understand the reason for no images (look at the new doom forums, the posts are a waste of space, the images are bigger than the posts!) i liked the suggestion earlier about people with as certain # of posts can include an image, but i feel they have to keep it in reason. like making a rule that an image can't exceed certain dimesnsions.

On Images (said this before, but it got buried): Maybe images should be a per-user privilege? Or, how about anybody with over 500 posts can post images? Something to show you'd be responsible with them, and if you aren't, your image-posting privileges get taken away?

Damn, I would like to use some images. Nothing bigger than, let's say 200x200 tough. There's a lot of stuff here that could be easily answered with Photoshop :)

good point. but just because someone has been here for a long time means that they should be able to add a picture to every post that takes up half of the frikkin screen.

No way, just a horizontal limit of, say, 500. Vertical isn't that big of a deal.

500? ouch. waste of space. no matter how good the picture is. not everyone wants to see the huge same pic over and over and over and over. and over.

it'd be pretty hard to validate an image size.. you could use the tags to resize a gigantic picture to a small size and it would take the same amount of time to download as if it was the correct aspect (as was discovered recently with zdoomgl screenshots)

Mmmh, no one should be able to use image tags for their signature, that's for sure. The good thing with this forums is that images are secondary, so all the text is revealed before the images load. Even if someone links to a 1.5 GB bmps, you'll still be able to operate normally.

OK, ok... I'll settle for 320 (the size of a low-res screenshot).

But definately no sig images.

Reply to a certain thread: you can live without it. It also made trying to follow a discussion harder because you had to keep jumping around to see what was being said where and when.

Bumping threads: it's a good thing. The posts that people are talking about stay at the top and the ones everyone ignores fall down. You can't tell me that it was annoying when the top 5 posts in a forum were all by DoomBoy or something.

No message icons: I deleted them for now. I will add them as I see fit.

No images: images in forums are lame. I refuse to participate in that sort of thing. Plus, allowing images just opens up all sorts of possibilities for abuse, which I don't need.

No images: images in forums are lame. I refuse to participate in that sort of thing. Plus, allowing images just opens up all sorts of possibilities for abuse, which I don't need.

Or rotten.com image links.