Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fraggle

Chocolate Doom 1.1.0 released

This sucks... starting with the pistol every time you die is really annoying! You should add an autosave feature!

Chocolate Doom is intended to provide all the features and nuances of vanilla Doom. Adding new (game) features violates its purpose.

You haven't understood what Myk was meaning, nice joke btw :P
I'll test this version soon, nice news !

I noticed after releasing it that it doesn't build properly if you enable the new libsamplerate support. I should be putting out a v1.1.1 update ASAP, but in the mean time, you can work around the bug if necessary by commenting out the "#define HAVE_LIBSAMPLERATE 1" line in config.h.

Whenever I see the words "Chocolate Doom" nowadays I imagine the "Chocolate Rain" guy singing them.

Csonicgo said:

About damn time, Too bad there's no april fool's option :(

There are options - do a double-install or play while looking in a mirror. :P
I've opted for the double-install.

GreyGhost said:

There are options - do a double-install or play while looking in a mirror. :P
I've opted for the double-install.

What is a "double install"? Do you just mean you compiled it from source?

I'd say he means he's got the latest version in one directory and the April fools release in another.

I just have both in the chocolate folder, though the normal one is called doom.exe and the other is mood.exe.

fraggle said:

I noticed after releasing it that it doesn't build properly if you enable the new libsamplerate support. I should be putting out a v1.1.1 update ASAP, but in the mean time, you can work around the bug if necessary by commenting out the "#define HAVE_LIBSAMPLERATE 1" line in config.h.

ur such a noob simon geez give up

fraggle said:

What is a "double install"? Do you just mean you compiled it from source?

Myk read my mind - different versions in their own directories. I like his solution - might borrow it.

Why not integrate mirroring as an option? It's a great feature, one that I'd like to see in more ports!

jute gyte said:

Why not integrate mirroring as an option? It's a great feature, one that I'd like to see in more ports!

At one stage EDGE had a "-wolfy" option which made all sectors (except closed ones like doors) have a height range of 0 to 128, mimicking Wolfenstein3D.

Fun things like that don't stay fun once you have to support it properly, fix all the bugs that people find etc... I can understand why fraggle doesn't keep the mirror mode.

the mirroring code really didn't break doom as much as it broke demos. Nevertheless I can see it being used as an option in Deathmatch!