Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Kid you would've had to use -kill monsters. It'd be nearly impossible to kill that many in their original spots in a short amount of time, as others stated. I'm not calling you a liar, it's a bit unbelievable. Especially with the rocket launcher. No matter where you go/how you kill, they'd fly or gib. I just tried out that theory: doesn't work very well no matter where you are or how you do it.

dang...i don't even remember to have typed that command..wtf...oh well i dont want this topic to end up off-topic D: anyway im just making a big deal out of it its not like people seem to look down on me...anyway it was picture based so -kill monsters or not its still a good pics :D

Keep em coming guys.

Undead+priest said:

dang...i don't even remember to have typed that command..wtf...oh well i dont want this topic to end up off-topic D: anyway im just making a big deal out of it its not like people seem to look down on me...anyway it was picture based so -kill monsters or not its still a good pics :D

Keep em coming guys.

That's not what we meant. If you keep that kind of stuff up people will begin to look down on you. People are smarter than you think.

Chu said:

That's not what we meant. If you keep that kind of stuff up people will begin to look down on you. People are smarter than you think.

Okay drama queen, who's we?

Undead+priest said:

he must mean everyone who said i used the -kill monsters command

He's clueless, ignore.

Vader said:

It's not possible he used the 'kill monsters' command. If this would be the case, all the imps, zombiemen, etc would be gibbed!

Oh MY GOD somebody help me save this thread...

Doom 64 is undoubtedly the GREATEST version of Doom that EVER existed.

Nice try Johnny, but we'd rather all discuss the use of the -kill command for another few dozen posts.

So those palette colours look like horizontal lines of a single colour in the colormap? Just guessing here. I'm not totally positive how it works.

Something like that. I'm experimenting with making some or all of them fade to a somewhat darker color (but not black), though, to avoid seeing bright green pixels randomly flickering around in a black hallway...

ZDaemon Session #34 Dwango5 FFA (Heretic) The captions are printed above the screenshots.

Some of the Doom maps that got converted to Heretic look good...

While some of them look absolutely gorgeous...

Heretic's rocket launcher: The Phoenix Rod

No SSG in here.

He doesn't see me yet...

Kyberhai dodging a tomed dragon claw.

Go dragon claw go!

Ahh, a good old crossbow duel.

Keep going dragon claw keep going!

JohnnyRancid said:

Doom 64 is undoubtedly the GREATEST version of Doom that EVER existed.

Here's a fun factoid. Doom 64 makes Doomguy an eligible character for the next Super Smash Bros game. To be in a Super Smash Bros game, the character must:

1. Be in a Nintendo exclusive game (Doom 64)
2. Be in a "T" rated game (Doom 1 and 2 for the GBA)
3. The publisher (ID software) must grant usesage of the character(Carmack's never going to agree to this one)
4. The Character must be requested by a huge group of people(That's where we,ZDoom forums, and Newdoom come in)

I've been working on my megawad I've added an bunch of new areas.

I'm currently working on an bridge thats been blown in half but its not done yet you can see some of it in the background in the bottom shot.I'm putting more destruction in this map like there was an hard fought battle just an second ago.Its sometimes an bit of an pain to make it look convincing, but I'm having fun thats what is the most important thing about mapping for me.

Wow Dutch, looks awesome! I especially like the third shot, with all the ripped-out paneling and the tekwall behind it. :D

I can't tell from the screenshot: are you using a simple resized-to-64x64 tekwall as a flat, or did you actually rearrange some pieces to fit without scaling? It looks good either way, I'm just curious :P

esselfortium said:

I can't tell from the screenshot: are you using a simple resized-to-64x64 tekwall as a flat, or did you actually rearrange some pieces to fit without scaling? It looks good either way, I'm just curious :P

Yeah I resized that texture to 64x64 and made it into an 128x128 again you still can see that its just four flats that are sticked together but it looks good enough for me.You have to look real close to notice the tiling on that texture I'm not using it on very large surfaces just some bits an pieces here and there.

Here are some shots of a megawad for limit-removing ports I am attempting to make (probably not going to be 32 levels, as only 2 maps and a half are done, but ill see how far I go).

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/Kassman_01/Hshot1.png
This is the starting area in the first map. Will the marines in the other capsules wake up? Thats up to you and your buds. There is only one new weapon, a katana which replaces the chainsaw. Sprites ripped from Shadow Warrior, and slightly edited.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/Kassman_01/Hshot6.png
I was being pegged by the chaingunner as you can see, so my screen lit up like a flare :/.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/Kassman_01/Hshot5.png

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/Kassman_01/Hshot4.png

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/Kassman_01/Hshot3.png

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/Kassman_01/Hshot2.png
This shot is actually from map 1. The underground lab where you "awake".

AAAARRRGGH!! No more 48bit PNG's - PLEASE!!
The 24 redundant bits take forever to download.

Nice screenshots when I finally saw them in their entirety.

Progress more rooms are added total progress is about 75% done, I still need to work on gameplay and maybe some more mapping to improve gameplay.This map is also non-linear and full of teleport traps and I think its going to be one of the best maps I ever created.

On some spots you can see from one area of the map all the way to the other side and lots of windows to snipe from.Five secrets to find some of those are what I call teaser secrets you can see the stuff but you don't know how to get to them.

Tested on (G)Zdoom(GL), Prboom+, Legacy, and Risen3D no problems encountered, not sure which port would be the best choice for testing.

i'm really liking those new textures you are using, did you make them? if you did, would it be cool if you allowed me to use them? if not, where did you get them?

anyways, nice shots, your megawad is looking great.