Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser

2 simple polls

I am renaming my current 32 level project, DSV 4: Unholy Dreams to Doom 2002

what do you think:

(a). I like it, it sounds better than before
(b). keep it DSV 4
(c). change it to somthing else (sugest your title here)
(d). I think you should drop the project and die

second poll:
I am going to change the BFG to a different weapon: something like the alien gun from Doom64 (maybe like a laser beam, using up 10 rounds of cells)

(a). I like it, it would be cool
(b). keep it as the oringinal BFG
(c). make it something else (suggest your idea here)
(d). I think you should drop the project and die

I just want to let you know I am 80% done so I won't drop the project, but that fourth choice is just there because I don't know what else to say :p

First question: B or C. Definitely not A. I don't like any year references in game/TC names (for instance I'm glad TeamTNT decided to change DOOM2000 to Daedalus).

Second Question: A or C. It would be cool to have an original weapon, and I leave the choice to you, as long as it keeps the game balanced.

Heh, long ago, even before I joined Doomworld, I wanted to modify all the textures/sprites on Hexen and make "Hexen:2197" (working title back then :P). It was supposed to be a futuristic point of view of the whole deal.

I actually got to do some stuff, but always fucked up something on the WAD, no matter how careful I was.

b, c.

Something like the beta BFG like like the one supported in Marine's Best Friend?

alright, btw, I forgot to add the third poll...

alright, this project is based strictly on the Legacy engine but I will also make another version for another source port,

which one should I convert to first?

a. Zdoom
b. Boom
c. Vavoom
d. Edge

As for the new one, since I'm not totally sure what features you current have and plan to include, the easiest and most compatible route would be Boom. If you're gonna use ZDoom, make GOOD use of it and don't just throw in an occasional particle fountain or slope.

since my current project is mainly designed for Legacy, (it will use some minor fragglescript and some 3d floors) I was thinking not EVERYBODY will like Legacy, so I am thinking another good source port that most of the doom community uses, and since I was thinking Zdoom as the second port that I will convert because I can easily convert the fragglescript with acs and fix the 3dfloors, I am planning releasing the project for both Legacy and Zdoom....

but like I said, I wasn't too sure if everybody will like Zdoom/Legacy....

since my current project is mainly designed for Legacy, (it will use some minor fragglescript and some 3d floors) I was thinking not EVERYBODY will like Legacy, so I am thinking another good source port that most of the doom community uses, and since I was thinking Zdoom as the second port that I will convert because I can easily convert the fragglescript with acs and fix the 3dfloors, I am planning releasing the project for both Legacy and Zdoom....

but like I said, I wasn't too sure if everybody will like Zdoom/Legacy....

Well, you're right, not everybody. Me for example.

Anyhow, if you're looking for features, ZDOOM is the best. I believe it supports BOOM's additional features, plus tons of its own.

BOOM is good, relatively stable and very neat. Everybody loves BOOM (except those who can't get it to run). If your project was for BOOM, it would be great, and I don't think anyone would complain.

You may wanna check BOOM's features and extendend editing possibilities, to see if they satisfy your needs for the project.