Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death-Destiny

Claustrophobia 1024: The Sequal to Congestion 1024

[Edit]Come on, Kingkill. You can't assign textures as flats in a Boom-compatible map. Change the flats in sectors 103 and 104 from SHAWN2 to Flat_23 or something and your map will work like a charm.[/Edit]

I feel dumb, but it happens I suppose. Everything is fixed now and is in working order, though. My carelessness in leaving all of my options default would've made this a much speedier process. A few good things came out of it though; I fixed a couple features I didn't like in the version of the map I first sent DD. :D

My map should be done by the end of the week if this pace keeps up.

Did you ever wonder what happens to the poor sap who pulls out the wrong keycard when being ambushed by demons? I imagine it would look something like this.

And heres what the unfortunate fellow's RED keycard unlocks. Another door, as well as a vital piece to the puzzle to access the Super Secret map. (I've added a bit of ingenuity to that too)

I've been holding off a bit on updating the texture pack up till now but...for those of you who submitted new textures, how badly do you need the texture pack to be updated? I will try to do it ASAP, I'm just kinda busy at the moment.

If there are any green versions of the standard textures or flats (Particularly LITE or COMP and BRONZE) can those be thrown in?

Mechadon said:

for those of you who submitted new textures, how badly do you need the texture pack to be updated?

I am in no rush to get the new textures, so take your time ;). Those new textures are really the only thing left to add on my map. Once that is done, I will send the map for play testing.

Okay, here's some screenshots for my level, which I have decided to call "The Blood Factory." It's not that done yet so I only have 2 I can give right now.

@StupidBunny: Looks good! I can't tell, but it looks like the fence midtexture on the right side of shot 2 might be bleeding into the floor below it. It's hard to tell from that angle, but if it is, you can prevent it from bleeding into the floor without altering how the window looks by increasing the light level by 1 unit on one side of the fence linedef. Any difference in sector properties on one side should fix it (two identical sectors won't work), but that's the easiest way to do it without making it look any different.

@esselfortium: I tried that and it fixed the problem. I totally had no idea how that worked but I knew there had to be a way to fix that problem. Thanks! :)

Indeed, looks really awesome! Same goes for your screenshots TheMionicDonut :D

I'm not sure when I'm going to start on my Map07 rip-off...erm, tribute map. If I can get a decent theme going in my head I could probably make something within a few days...not much is popping into my head at the moment though. Plus I'm too busy with this last IGPack map of mine :P

Hmmm....

Factory line going around the room

Mancubus pillars unexpectedly lower to ground

Space themed

Moon themed

Underground cavern themed

Lava/water platform theme

half way through map, walls open and arachnotrons open fire on the player from all angles, giving no cover for a while..

Pitch black until player moves to center of room

Just some ideas, to maybe get good ideas movin.

Maybe something with trenches and bunkers, surrounded by mountains cliffs and sea and maybe an small beach.Ww2 themed but with an doom look to it, storm the beach clear the bunkers and threnches.Climb the cliffs and exit the map or something.

Just an idea that I might attempt myself someday :p

dutch devil said:

Maybe something with trenches and bunkers, surrounded by mountains cliffs and sea and maybe an small beach.Ww2 themed but with an doom look to it, storm the beach clear the bunkers and threnches.Climb the cliffs and exit the map or something.

Just an idea that I might attempt myself someday :p

Hmm, I dunno that sounds interesting. Might be a little too asymmetrical to be a Map07 ripoff though :P

Mik57 said:

Hmmm....

Factory line going around the room

Mancubus pillars unexpectedly lower to ground

Space themed

Moon themed

Underground cavern themed

Lava/water platform theme

half way through map, walls open and arachnotrons open fire on the player from all angles, giving no cover for a while..

Pitch black until player moves to center of room

Just some ideas, to maybe get good ideas movin.

I gotta say, these ideas are really good. Mind if I use a couple somewhere down the track..?

Kyka said:

I gotta say, these ideas are really good. Mind if I use a couple somewhere down the track..?

YES, I DO MIND!!!

Nah, jk, go ahead. :P

TheMionicDonut said:

Did you ever wonder what happens to the poor sap who pulls out the wrong keycard when being ambushed by demons?

Heya Donut, have to admit this gave me a good laugh. Could just picture the marine fumbling around in his fatigues for the right key. "Uhhhh... Hellspawn... Just a minute... I know I've got it here somewhere..."

Bunny and Donut, screenies look really good. too. And Bunny, I'm gonna assume that bad things happened to doomguy between the first and second screenshots, on account of his health is just a little different between the two.

Oh... and i'm sad about those ideas being copyrighted too. *Sigh. Well its back to the drawing board for me. ;)

When playing this level, you are going to pass thorugh this hall at least three times. A new surprise will await you each time.

The Mancubus picnic! No humans...humans will be crucified. Another piece of the puzzle is in this picture.

I forgot to mention that the map itself will be no picnic in fact it will be vilely difficult. With ultra-violence and Nightmare, you will get what you bargained for...and then some.

Kyka said:

Bunny, I'm gonna assume that bad things happened to doomguy between the first and second screenshots, on account of his health is just a little different between the two.

That crusher in the one screenie...it doesn't mess around. :P

@TheMionicDonut: Your map looks (and sounds) interesting! I somehow didn't notice the kaput marine in your earlier screenshot when I first looked at it but, now that I notice it, I find it very amusing.

Anyway, I'll take this opportunity to post a couple more screenshots. I'm bad at taking action shots or whatever so here's more dead demons for you.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/KeegTech/DOOM0000-2.png
(The chaingunner there is behind a window, so he can't do anything to Doomguy.)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/KeegTech/DOOM0002.png

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/KeegTech/DOOM0003-1.png

@Donut. Looks really promising. The greens are blended really well.

@Bunny. Ahhh.. In the second of the two earlier screenshots, that was a crushing ceiling? I just assumed it was a half opened door.

@DD and mechadon. Well, why don't we have the finished claustrophobia ready for download yet? I am kinda looking forward to it. And I don't wanna hear any "minor" excuses like "Because we only have 19 maps submitted." or anything like that. ;) (j/k) In truth, you guys are doing a great job keeping this on track, and in due time, this will be a really good megawad. I just spent a few minutes scrolling through this whole thread, and there are simply soooooooo many great looking levels. The whole thread is just one long piece of Doom eye candy.

Whoah. Wait a minute. Do you mean that everybody's happy??

<-- looks around suspiciously, waiting for the punchline.

;)