Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
esselfortium

Metal Gear Solid III TC

I'm working on a Metal Gear Solid 3 TC for MacDOOM Legacy. I need some experienced level makers and graphic designers. Textures are not high on my list, nor sounds or midis. There are already enough of these floating around.

The locations I will use in this game are:
US Air Force Base
Cargo Plane
City
Stadium
Motel
Terrorist Base

I'll explain the plot later, I gotta go.

First off, I will be including cutscenes in MGS3.

Is Legacy compatible with Fragglescript or one of those? If it is, then it would make my life much easier.

The plot is:

You (Solid Snake) are sitting in your apartment, watching TV. It has been a few years since your top-secret mission on Discovery, the US military ship, to snap photos of the new Metal Gear. You get a call on your Cocec (pocket transciever) from Otacon, a hacker who has always given you advice during your missions using the Codec.

He tells you that he has just spotted several terrorists headed for the Air Force base, probably on a suicide mission. A cutscene begins, showing Snake getting his M9 tranquilizer and leaving his apartment. On his way to the base, he encounters several terrorists. He shoots them, and continues.

You enter the base, and the gameplay begins. There are places where you must disarm explosives and avoid being seen by guards, and you see the terrorists enter a cargo plane.

You follow them, but they are nowhere to be found. You soon find out they are hiding in crates, except the other crates have explosives in them. There will be some sort of logic/puzzle kind of a thing where you have to figure out which boxes they are hiding in. Then the plane takes off...

BUSTED!

You enter the cockpit, and the pilot sees you. Uh oh! This is a stealth mission! You can't afford to be seen! You shoot the pilot, and the plane crashes to the ground.

You wake up in a nearby hospital a week later, and that's my plot so far.

Snake isn't THAT stupid... enter the cockpit after the plane's taken off? Surely to any normal person that would mean someone's in the cockpit flying the plane...

Hey, I told you:
This is a work in progress! I'm still searching for ideas! I'm trying to come up with a good reason Raiden won't be in the game, so my temporary solution (emphasis on TEMPORARY) is that he realized he was a Wookiee and needed to go back and film a Star Wars movie. Remember, that is not going to be mentioned in the final version. It's a temporary solution.

The plot continues:
You wake up in a nearby hospital a week later. You leave the hospital, picking up health and food on the way, and walk through the city. You end up on a mission to rescue hostages, and one of them triggers a cutscene in which he tells you about how the terrorists took him to a motel where they had been staying. You go to the motel, and see that they are still there. You listen in on their conversation through the wall, and find out that they are planning to blow up a stadium. You go to the stadium, in search of the bomb, and find a Metal Gear hidden in the boiler room. But the terrorists are INSIDE the Metal Gear. You defuse the bomb, and destroy the Metal Gear, and the game ends with an amazing set of cutscenes.

Only one, now! I've postponed all work on MGS3 in order to make DOOM: Revisited, based on the original plans in the DOOM Bible.

Yes, I know! It is a serious problem that I can't stay on a project for more than a few months! But I am hoping not to screw up again this time!

Now, who wants to join Waydifferent Productions (my company) and make sure this thing actually gets finished?

...Didn't think so. ;-)

Only one, now! I've postponed all work on MGS3 in order to make DOOM: Revisited, based on the original plans in the DOOM Bible.

Yes, I know! It is a serious problem that I can't stay on a project for more than a few months! But I am hoping not to screw up again this time!

Now, who wants to join Waydifferent Productions (my company) and make sure this thing actually gets finished?

...Didn't think so. ;-)

Just do as I said in that other thread.