Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomguy0505

Doom BuilderX

Me and FileFront just don't go well together.

Oh well I finally tried 1.06 and all it did was crashing DB's startup giving me an error 424. So I reinstalled DB and got the same error. Uninstalled and reinstalled lost my configuration but DB works. So my conclusion said in 4 words:

Give us an installer.

TRUE 3d! Brushes, 3d views 2.0!!!!!!!!!
I wish someone would convert doom's rendering engine to brushes, but i know that's never gonna happen. Meh i can dream.

Fusion said:

I wish someone would convert doom's rendering engine to brushes

Then it wouldn't be DOOM anymore, it'd be Quake......

Ever since Boom it wasn't Doom. Adding true 3d via brushes would modernize level design/features for new levels, and if done correctly, should have 0 impact on the look of the original levels ( aside from perhaps better lighting).

I know that this idea isn't even feasible, or it would have been done years ago, but it's still fun to dream. Quake had a superior format for dealing with mapping in 3d, but Doom was/is a far superior game.

Anyway, I'll toss this in even tho it is probably too far fetched as well... Dynamic light preview window for modern ports such as gzdoom, vavoom or jdoom.

Fusion said:

I know that this idea isn't even feasible, or it would have been done years ago, but it's still fun to dream.

Eh, Vavoom.

Of course, it's still the Doom map format so you can't use brushes in the editor but internally it's rendered by the Quake renderer so it's brushes.

Anyway, I've decided to try Doom Builder X to see if it was free of this annoying "you have to kill explorer in order to use me" bug with Vista; but I couldn't know because it has an even more annoying bug. When loading a map or trying to create a new one, it says: "Error 424 in LoadGameConfiguration: Object required." and then it bombs out to the desktop. Fun.

I'm Downloading right now, will upload at 4shared ok?
< I have problems with filefront too >: >

Edited: Good Question how to compile it?

P0br3 said:

I'm Downloading right now, will upload at 4shared ok?
< I have problems with filefront too >: >

Edited: Good Question how to compile it?

I've downloaded it already. I downloaded a compiled version.

I have a memory leak problem with dbx. My map is about 2800 sectors 25000 sidedefs... And large about a square of 30000 px.

At the start the program only take 50mo of memory but It increase quickly to 230mo of memory when I do the usual things draw, copy, paste, drag... even more in 3D mode.

So is it possible to free memory after saving the map by cleaning cleaning all undo/redo. And free the memory allowed to the 3Dmode when exiting it.

I don't know if the cause is the size of the map but this is strange, It never happened before.

If you get new object errors, make sure you did "Upgrade Configuration" in the BuilderX menu.

I couldn't edit the original post as it was too old. So here's a reupload:

DBX 1.06 BIN

Though you really should use DB2