Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
esselfortium

New Eternity build online, in convenient starter-kit form!

There's been a bunch of nice things added to EE lately, so SoM asked me to update the starter kit. While I don't have a full list of changes, some of the new stuff included is:

- Line special 385 now applies the tagged portal to the sector on the front side of the line. This means that complex portal setups (as well as light transfers, scrolling floors, lifts, and such underneath portal ceilings) can be done much more easily, without requiring a ton of extra tags. The included Doom Builder and Slade editing configs have been updated to add it.

- PC speaker emulation is now available, as an alternate option under "sound card" in the Sound Options.

- If you're not already up to date with the build SoM posted a while back, a couple major new things from that are drastically improved mousecode and the ability to use sector light levels in increments of 8 (i.e. 136, 152, 168, etc.) in maps, rather than the increments of 16 that Doom originally used.

- At Joe's suggestion, I added the Small scripting package to the starter kit.

There's probably some other stuff I can't remember right now, but you get the idea.

http://sl4.poned.com/wasd/eternity-starter-kit.zip
Go get it!

Nice! Thanks esselpants, I was actually thinking about asking you if EE had been updated recently. Now I don't have to :D

Nice, thanks!

esselfortium said:
- Line special 385 now applies the tagged portal to the sector on the front side of the line. This means that complex portal setups (as well as light transfers, scrolling floors, lifts, and such underneath portal ceilings) can be done much more easily, without requiring a ton of extra tags.

... but I don't get this? What does this do?

Mordeth said:

Nice, thanks!

... but I don't get this? What does this do?

If you have a portal setup using tag 10, and you want to put something inside that portal area that requires a different tag (for example, a lift or a scrolling floor), you can put that trigger (with its tag set to 10) on a line facing each sector that uses a separate sector tag but that should still have portal tag 10 applied to it.

Did that explanation make any sense, or should I try again?

Heretic support is painfully close to 100%. All of the mapthing types excepting the mace spot are now present, and > 77% of the total thingtypes have been implemented. What's left is:

1. inventory
2. weapons
3. misc cleanup of stuff I missed

The first two are waiting on the completion of the EDF weapons/pickups/inventory system, which has already made some progress in the source code but is not yet functional. The latter is a matter of priorities at the moment.

Not a major update, but SoM fixed a rendering bug for me today, related to the linedef-set portals, so I've re-uploaded the starter kit package with the new build he sent me.

Thanks SoM!