• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Miscellaneous demos (part 1) [please post in part 3 instead]

The Green Herring said:

I used BSP v5.1 to build the nodes on that map

BSP v5.1 is the worst external node builder IMO

Kinda doubt it'd help speed much, but from the starting platform you can immediately turn & hit the warp switch and punch to hopefully cause infighting in that other area (doing 180 degree turns and hitting the switches more than once if necessary) while you multitask other stuff.. actually no that would hardly help because the viles would warp in and resurrect all the reverents.
I only realized some cyber deaths = spawn vile triggers later on. Nice/fast demo, your maps are insane. (the enem/y/ies I missed were a few on the outer ring of platforms btw).

That's a very accomplished demo, tatsurd-cacocaco. I also really enjoyed Anima's Diet runs.

I was wondering if anybody has a copy of Belial's UV-Max of Nilla map 07 that they'd be willing to post, since Belial's link doesn't work.

Jastanotherfool, thanks.

Btw, I also want to watch some belial's demos. Does not anyone have his UV-Max of Deus Vult map 2, map 3, and map 4? (Especially, map 2 is interesting for me.)

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

Jastanotherfool, thanks.

Btw, I also want to watch some belial's demos. Does not anyone have his UV-Max of Deus Vult map 2, map 3, and map 4? (Especially, map 2 is interesting for me.)

this zip pack including dv level2,3,4

dv-belial.zip

I thought it was about time I created another doom demo so here is my attempt! I'm a bit rusty so please forgive the occasional missed shot. This UV-Max Demo is for Blind Alley P., The Boardwalk and was completed in 7:41. I enjoyed speedrunning this level however an overabundance of hit-scanners with a lack of health in the first half of the level would make it very difficult to do a mad-dash to the super shotgun! Having said that, if someone did manage to do that, as well as be more aggressive in ploaces I'm sure this level could be maxed out around the mid 6 minute mark.

EDIT: Probably should have mentioned this was done in Prboom-plus 2.4.8.5 with -complevel 2

bnda741.zip

Yeah, cool demo. But, and I don't mean to be a dick, what's so impressive and phenomenal about an easy jump like that? :) You don't even need to strafe. Bad mapping error. :/

TimeOfDeath said:

Yeah, cool demo. But, and I don't mean to be a dick, what's so impressive and phenomenal about an easy jump like that? :) You don't even need to strafe. Bad mapping error. :/

Probably the fact that you have to have a lot of luck to not have the spiderdemon either blow your head off, or block your way for a significant amount of time with its oversized hitbox. ;) Or that you have to be careful not to run into anything (harder than it sounds) or overshoot your running as you maneuver around the spiderdemon and make your way to the teleporter. :)

But yes, it is a bad mapping error.

Ha ha, don't expect to impress TimeOfDeath, rocket jump extraordinaire, with your merely mortal jumps. :)

I don't think bad mapping error too much.
Certainly this has problem that you can jump without strafe running, but the risk accompanies this route at least. If the spider appear in front of him, a usual player (also a speedruner on usual play) will hide behind something first, so this jump might not be noticed easily, and it is not used easily excluding speedrun.

EDIT: Btw, I came up with this route first.
http://cacocacodemon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/1m22-141.zip

Phil1984 said:

complevel -2

Amended to "-complevel 2", just in case anyone thinks that -2 is correct and starts using it!

Phil1984 said:
I thought it was about time I created another doom demo so here is my attempt! I'm a bit rusty so please forgive the occasional missed shot. This UV-Max Demo is for Blind Alley P., The Boardwalk and was completed in 7:41. I enjoyed speedrunning this level however an overabundance of hit-scanners with a lack of health in the first half of the level would make it very difficult to do a mad-dash to the super shotgun! Having said that, if someone did manage to do that, as well as be more aggressive in ploaces I'm sure this level could be maxed out around the mid 6 minute mark.

EDIT: Probably should have mentioned this was done in Pr-boom 2.4.5 with -complevel 2

I tried playing this using the WAD linked but it desynchs at the beginning, both in Doom2 and in PrBoom+.

Nice to see this old map get a little action Phil. I was just playing it the other day myself. I like that old thing.

I do get a sync problem and have tried at least 6 or 8 ports that should have played it. Did you record it on your mac or on your "new" PC.

I have always enjoyed your runs and would be happy to see this one. It is at least 3 minutes faster than my average runs in there.

Double check please that you are using the same map as in the archive please just in case I may have sent you an early version of it before release.

The time looks really good. Thanks.

To say I have absolutely no idea what happened there is an understatement. I am not going to even speculate. It desynchronised for me to! All of my copies here did.....I really dunno what happened. So I made a new demo, slightly faster in 7:30, although there were some real rookie mistakes in the second to last area! But overall I'm happy with this run. Double and Triple checked and this one should have no problem what-so-ever. Recorded with comp level 2 with GLBoom-plus 2.4.8.5.

bndp730.zip

Well, I haven't released a demo in some time (my demos finally making their way onto the DSDA notwithstanding,) so here's a pair of demos for the recently-uploaded and recently-reviewed DAGGER.WAD. One of them features a neat trick jump. Similar demos for the amusingly savaged CHALLENJ.WAD will come later. In any case, enjoy!

DAGR-TGH - UV demos for DAGGER.WAD by Ducien Palomado, including:

• DAGR-127.LMP - UV speed in 1:27
  • DAGR-354.LMP - UV max in 3:54

Andy Olivera said:

After watching Anima's Max run to check for 100% Kills(and I couldn't tell, either)...

I just checked it with PrBoom+'s "smart" monster counter, and all 15 monsters (2 arachnotrons, 13 cyberdemons!) are indeed dead when the level exits. :)

Nice TAS, by the way. :D Anima himself noted the possibility in his text file for that particular demo.

With apologies for double-posting, here are some demos I did on a level with a funny name. Because there seems to be a problem with my webhost, I'm attaching them to this post instead of uploading them there. That's all.

BESP-TGH - UV demos for Pardon Me, My Soup is Cold, Could You Please Die In It (BNESOUP.WAD) by Ben Allred and Evan Sarli

• BESP-035 - UV speed in 0:35
  • BESP-245 - UV max in 2:45

besp-tgh.zip