Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guiddqd

Plutonia 2 Demos [-complevel 4]

Well, here's my actual first Plutonia 2 demo. Which, of course, is for the level that uses my favorite song for the project. I felt it was appropriate. :)

Differing from the way I usually handle demo posts, I'm attaching this one instead of uploading it to my webspace, just so it can always be available here.

P224-019 - MAP24: Outpost of the Evil Dead in 0:19 (UV speed)

p224-019.zip

Glad to hear this is sticking with -complevel 4/Final Doom's .exe.

One question though, why were the music tracks set using the Dehacked?

Couldn't the new music been added into the wad normally?

Mike.Reiner said:

Glad to hear this is sticking with -complevel 4/Final Doom's .exe.

One question though, why were the music tracks set using the Dehacked?

Couldn't the new music been added into the wad normally?

In this post, myk said:
The renaming [...] allows you to see the initials of each author on the lumps, instead of the names of tracks from DOOM II, as credit for their work on the new music. [Also], you can use original Plutonia tracks from different levels (such as in 23) without having to add the lump back into the WAD.

Hello, improved my previous map02 run by 4 seconds :) Jump over water trick is very sneaky, but might be annoying because of all the cg:s. Enjoy!

p202-25.zip

OK, here's a UV max run of MAP30 in 1:13.
it looks easy but it required a lot of luck and tries to get it this down :)
recorded in doom2.exe (Final Doom version)
Enjoy !

BTW, I've stolen your txt template TGH :P

p230-113.zip

I added a note on demo naming (pattern) to the first post.

myk said:

I added a note on demo naming (pattern) to the first post.

How about also putting the first 3 letters of your alias at the end of the text file (if desired). I just find it annoying to see a bunch of similarly named demos without immediately visually knowing who made which (without opening each individual text file). So maybe an example would be:

p202-437.lmp
p202-437-ggg.txt
(both in a zip)

That way I'd assume the demo pattern whatever software would still work since the lmp is still named right, while the txt would give the benefit of easily seeing who made which demo (if the folder's sorted by name anyway).
Actually, since I remember its best to keep the lmp names 8 or fewer characters if possible whereas the txt length maybe doesn't matter, maybe the txt TITLE contain all the info with no need to actually write anything inside it (unless a comment is desired etc):

p202-437.lmp
p202-437-ggg-uvmax-complevel4-whateverElse.txt

As long as the txt also starts with p202-437, it should be alphabetized right after the respective lmp. I cut the lmps/txts out of the zip folders then paste into the respective p2 wad folder, and play w/ drag/drop.. which seems odd because I never bother to unzip/extract them, yet they still work.

I don't really think that craming the name of the text file with imo unnecessary information is a good idea. It makes the text files confusing and the names toooooo long. What is really important for a first look is the wad, level and time. The body of the text file is for everything else. Just my 2 cents.

map08 UV-speed in 0:15

this demo is from Devisin who's waiting for a registration confirmation e-mail and doesn't want to get sidelined in the meantime :)

p208-015.zip

Hell YES, finally!!!!!! I've got 0:12 in MAP08, It took me 3 hours. My heart was beating at the end when I arch-jumped to the platform, I was scared if a mancubus fireball or revenant's could hit me!
Maybe I could have gotten 0:11 if I ran straight to exit, pff! But I couldn't see well from the red screen :D

p208-012.zip

I'm still playing through Plutonia 2 (Just got to map26), but I thought I'd take some time to do my first demo for it. It's a UV-Max for map 7. Time for the run comes to 5:24.

Not the best run by any standards as I make some rather stupid mistakes at parts. If you have some weird drinking game you play where you take a drink whenever a player runs into a projectile that he/she was clearly out of the way of...I'd suggest getting that drink ready.

Then again, if you like seeing me low on health, then the run is for you. I spend at least half the map or more around 50 health or lower.

I think the time could go at least 10 seconds lower or more.

Attaching the demo now.

p207-524.zip

gggmork said:
How about also putting the first 3 letters of your alias at the end of the text file (if desired).

It's not DOS friendly (DOSBox is a viable playback platform) and tons of demos already use the 8 character format. You have to get used to clicking on TXTs anyway. If you personally want to do that, so be it, at least you're making sure the demo itself is named normally.

Belial said:
Is map17 safe to record on?

Nothing is sure (a nasty bug could presumably pop up anywhere, anytime) but I haven't seen any bug reports or fixes on it.

I can finally contribute something myself. Nothing great, but better then nothing, right?:p
So, anyway, map12 max in 6:51.

p212-651.zip

Damn ... I forgot to tell. Map 12 also came through some very little node-build changes so there is a possibility that the demo will desync in Re-Released version.
I hope that we will Re-Release it to the end of this week, it seems that number of found bugs is final already.
The maps where will be IMO possibilty of desynch are 12,25,27,29. Maybe 28. Map 03 also needs one small node-build change but I hope that the demos stay compatible.

Belial: Map17 should be safe, I only make there one small texture change (to me it more obvious what yellow key switches open)