Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guiddqd

Plutonia 2 Demos [-complevel 4]

If it desyncs, I'll just try to re-record it. Shouldn't be a problem, altough I don't know about the time hehe. And I recorded it knowing that it might not stay compatible after the re-release so no big dissapoitment if it happens. :)
Altough probably no -fast recordings here until the re-release. :p

tatsurd-cacocaco said:
why do overflow happen by only one Arch-Vile's attack.

Do you get a visplane overflow from an arch-vile's attack?

If that's so I'm guessing you're being lifted to a position from where more visplanes are in sight.

Luck follows those who seek perfection

Quoted from Sedlo :-)
I've got 18 seconds in MAP01 UV speed/pacifist
I included 4 20secs demos in the zip
This route is a lot better than Guiddqd's one

p201-018.zip

tatsurd-cacocaco said:
Was my luck only bad?

VPOs are static, so from a certain location you always get them (though some areas might have to be raised, lowered or opened to reveal more visplanes). What can help fix the issue is to try to record the same situation in PrBoom/+. Then if when playing the demo back with Doom2 you get the VPO, you can send the demo to the mappers. Knowing exactly where the VPO can occur, they can make changes so it goes away.

Also, make sure you play with the status bar, because in full screen (no status bar) you can sometimes see more visplanes.

Improved my map 7 UV-Max by 18 seconds, making the new time 5:06. Pretty good first half of the run, last half could have been a little better in spots. At least there's a surprise at one point that nearly killed this run.

Sub-5 might be possible here.

Attaching the demo now.

p207-506.zip

map13 UV-speed in 0:54

my little last two days' project. not optimal, but it's hard as it is already. i lucked out on health management so i'm not feeling very compelled to grind a marginally better time :)

p213-054.zip

MAP10 1:44 UV speed
Kinda slow

I could improve this demo by 7-10 seconds by not activating a linedef. What's the reliable way to not acitvate linedef?
I've done it 3 times. 2 times I died and one time exiting with 1:49(my first exit)

p210-144.zip

kimo_xvirus said:

Quoted from Sedlo :-)
I've got 18 seconds in MAP01 UV speed/pacifist
I included 4 20secs demos in the zip
This route is a lot better than Guiddqd's one

Perfection is a dangerous notion :-)

But my run blows it was a :16 in anyone hands but mine. Dammit.

p201-017.zip

Exellent run! Well Done, I'm definitely not going to try for 16 seconds because that method of keygrab is very hard for me.
I couldn't do it in -nomonsters, how did you know it's even possible?
Anyway Here's a real perfection
MAP16 in 5 seconds!

p216-005.zip

map04 UV-speed in 0:45

yesss! this. was. hell. easily the hardest thing i contributed into this thread.
i aimed for under a minute, but then i got 0:56 while falling on the last jump, killing the chainies and some other crap, so i just had to improve it :)

p204-045.zip

map21 UV-speed in 1:09

i'm not sure if this one isn't supposed to go into the pl2 bug thread, the blue switch seems a bit faulty :) the rest of the story in attached text file.

p221-109.zip

map17 in 0:22

i started with a very complicated route plan, which seemed just appropriate for the most chaotic map in the wad, but ended with a surprising quickie... then again, it is gusta's map :)

p217-022.zip

Are the levels too hard or is everyone waiting for v1.1? I'd looove to see some more UV-MAX demos...

i guess it's a bit of both. imagine doing a hard 15+ mins max that will desync after 1.1 release. but i wouldn't know, maxes take too much planning for me :)
we also probably sweeped out all the maps that can be cheated with fast tricks and the rest is hard work. for example, this took me quite some time...

map18 UV-speed in 2:54

there's two glides and lots of very lame crowd control in it as i had to clear the areas for both, especially from chaingunners. the second glide is spiced up, you don't get to see it, but that final jump triggers a linedef that releases two badass armies of revenants that would mince my behind in another second or two :)
EDIT: i just noticed i move like a retard for a few secs.. erm, that's one of the movement keys getting locked down after moving too fast after start... it seems prboom+ fights for focus with other stuff in the background for a while and this is the result.

p218-254.zip

ukiro said:

Are the levels too hard or is everyone waiting for v1.1? I'd looove to see some more UV-MAX demos...

Same here. I'm waiting for v1.1 and I was also busy with school. Got some free time now so I'll start working on some maps.

Hm, i don't see any need in a first glide. It's much easier to simply grab a key and leave all the monsters behind, not caring about a cleanup. Or have i missed something? Attached a nomonsters 0:23 horrible run (some careless second try running) btw.

Ok, i've just recorded map18 UV-Speed in 0:37. Pretty nice improvement, don't you think, dew? ;)
The demo is attached. Guess i've hurried too much when decided to upload a nomonsters run few minutes ago.

i don't see the attachments.. but looking forward to watch it, i didn't think about it that way :)

oh wow, so easy with the bump :) i'd tried it for a while with no success so i threw the idea away as impossible.. heh, i stand corrected, nice run!

Map04 max in 5:17. I'll work on it some more later, some route optimizations that will make it faster. For now, lets have that map04 table have a max entry.:)

After a quick test, it appears attachments are indeed broken...