Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

Claustrophobia 1024 -- Fixed version released!

dutch devil said:

Whats wrong with quality control? community projects really need more of this.You know how it goes, as soon as this project would be released without any form of quality control, people start complaining about the quality of some of the maps.

Exactly, thank you dutch. After I played the Claus alpha for the first time and found it to be pretty deplorable in terms of quality, I made quality control a major goal for the second go round. All of this was made known in the OP (maybe it wasn't clear enough, I don't know).

Personally, I would have preferred to see each mapper choose a slot and work on a map until it meets the standards for that slot. (either they keep working til their map met the requirements, or it was ultimately dropped.) To be honest, I wasn't ever totally sold on the idea of maps being 'accepted', with all the work and changes that that usually involves, only to have them possibly dropped at this late stage, now that we have to narrow it down to 32 maps.

But other than that, I am happy to see there are people in place who are willing to ensure that there is a pretty high standard set for the accepted maps, and I've never had a problem with the manner that Mech and the other testers have gone about their jobs.

I have submitted 2 maps of my own, and worked with other people on 4 other maps for this project, and not one of those six have breezed straight through into the 'accepted' pool of maps. Every one of them has required me to make changes/improvements etc. (Which maybe says something about my mapping.)

But I know that all those maps are so much better for all the the feedback I got and the extra work I had to do to make those changes.

It hasn't been perfect, but I think this mapset will be of a very high standard, in spite of all the shit that it has been through this far.

Still a bit to do yet, but it will get there.

Keep it up Mech. :)

Here's some idiotic text:
Since opinions aren't objective, I don't see how mech's selection process is synonymous with quality control; bias against difficulty for example (wanted to tone down joshy's map) and probably bias in favor of his own maps (not meaning to single out mech, but referring to the subjectivity of any individual).
Cacowards are given subjectively too, so its weird there seems to be such a community drive to win something that only means 'best in the opinion of x')... it gets trickier to say something like 'a music composition by Beethoven is 'objectively' better than notes hit randomly by a 3 year old'. Still its a matter of human brains, like maybe cats would think both sound equally annoying.
I don't really get why a 'leader' is needed when the community can bug test as a network. And I don't get why anything that's not a gameplay-breaking bug should be selected-out in a community project, especially when you consider that the number of mappers with varying opinions is a subset of everyone who will potentially play the map (so say if 10% of the mappers like slaughtermaps, probably 10% of the entire community will like slaughtermaps, same for puzzle maps or whatever). A filter to please the majority weeds eccentrics = bland.
But really I should ignore a 'megawad' (made by multiple people) as a unit, and instead focus on individual maps/mappers that shine, in my opinion of what makes a good/fun map, since my own biases are particuarly narrow and I only tend to like a small handful of maps from megawads anyway.
I'm done causing last minute drama and don't care that my one measily map is 'deemed unworthy' in the opinion of x anymore. This community seems to conventionally mirror the mindset of a business with the goal of making money from a final product, when really they're just maps we throw together to casually play (which sure took a long time in this case). To be honest my slight hostility was probably still partially triggered by death destiny leaving from all this (yeah yeah, can of worms, don't open), still a shame and I bet his maps would have been my favorite (not assigning blame and don't intend to open a fractal of drama).

The problem I have is that nothing was said until just now when the project is pretty much done. If you (or anyone) had a problem or a suggestion on how the project should be run, I was definitely open to it and there has been more than enough time to say something. I guess the problem with having a group of people make a slew of maps and then having another set of people decide whether or not they make it into the final wad is that someone's feelings is gonna get hurt when their map isn't accepted. That along with quality control issues seems to be the bane of community projects; I know, I've lead lead three of them before :P. I don't like accepting every map that is submitted to me just so I don't hurt someone's feelings. You may think that these are just maps that will be casually played (and you are right) but I don't think that's an excuse to release a wad that isn't fun to play when there's plenty of opportunity to release something that is fun to play. I'd much rather prefer the latter over the former and I think a lot of other people would to. If someone's feelings get hurt in the process then I can't really help it. It's sad but true :[

You are right that having one leader decide on what gets in or not really can put a bottle neck on the project as a whole. This was why, originally, I was going to have a 'team' dedicated to testing, giving feedback, and then ultimately help me decide which maps make it in. Of course that didn't work out so I just decided to let the community of contributors do all of the feedback and such, from which I would make a decision, regardless of what I personally thought of the map. For instance, since you brought it up, Joshy's map. Yes, I did think it was a little too hard for the amount of space the player had to play in and a few others thought the same...totally not my style of map. However the majority enjoyed it. So after giving feedback I accepted the map. If this were a dictatorship and everything I decided was law, Joshy's map wouldn't have made it in. However, that is not the case; I try to listen to everyone and make my decision based on that. In which case Joshy's map is going to be part of Claus :]. Going back to bias...of course there's going to be some bias towards my own contributions. In fact I was really hoping to get some pretty in-depth feedback from the community when I made them available. While I did get some feedback (which I acted on), it wasn't as in-depth as I thought it would be...I think I was expecting to hear a whole lot more complaining and such. In any case, I would definitely drop my own map if the community didn't think it was good enough, just like I would with any other map. That may be hard to believe but it's the truth. Anyways, I think the transition from where Death-Destiny would accept pretty much any map submitted versus where I started enforcing a level of quality control was a bit of a shock to everyone who submitted a map for Claus round 1. That may be part of the reason for this entire discussion, I'm not sure.

Just so you know your map was never put in overflow (atleast not on purpose). I actually liked your map quite a bit and I never found it to be too hard or anything, so I was confused when you said that you wanted it removed. The only thing that I can say about your map is that it needed some work on visuals (mostly texturing); in comparison to the visuals of the rest of the maps I think it needed some work, anyways. And for what it's worth, I find the entire situation between Death-Destiny and I very unfortunate and it was never something I wanted to happen. But all of that's in the past and it can't be changed now, so there's no use in dwelling on it.

@Kyka: To address the first part of your post, the idea was to use any of the overflow maps as either a separate release alongside Claus, as an addon, or as a base which could be used for a new 1024 project. The work wouldn't go to waste even though the overflow wouldn't be in the main wad. As I type this, Jodwin has volunteered to work on an idea he had concerning all of the overflow maps (which I hope he posts about...otherwise I guess I'll have to :P). I may want quality but I do appreciate everyone who has taken their free time to create something for the sake of this project, so it would be a shame to merely just discard the maps ;). Anyways I'm glad to hear that your happy with how things have been handled thus far...that just gives me more initiative to stop being lazy and try to get this thing done and out the door.

Mechadon said:

As I type this, Jodwin has volunteered to work on an idea he had concerning all of the overflow maps (which I hope he posts about...otherwise I guess I'll have to :P).

I'll wait until I get most of the maps from you and most of the PMs before making a big announcement. :) The sooner you can get me even some of the maps the sooner this thing can hit the road. :D

Sorry Mech. I should clarify what I said earlier.

When I said that I wasn't sold on the idea of having maps accepted, then later rejected, I wasn't referring to maps accepted for the 'original' claustrophobia that were later rejected after DeathDestiny's departure. When you took over, many of the maps that were accepted for the original were rejected, including both of the maps that I had submitted. But as I see it, you and the other people working with you had every right to do this. To make a quality mapset, you simply have to. And anyway, the community accepted you as project leader, so therefore, we have to accept the way you choose to do things.

I never had a problem with the new quality control that you put in place, and have never had a problem with any of the testers, or their feedback of my own, or other maps. I took my maps, reworked them and resubmitted them, and they are now much better maps for the changes that were made. I am glad that they have both made the accepted list.

My point was simply this. I just think perhaps we could have assigned 32 slots, to be filled by 32 mappers, so that no ones work, which has been accepted as meeting the requirements that were set since you took over, will now be left out.

Man, I'm sorry Mech, I don't want to sound like I am bitching. I have done my best to work within the standards set for this project, and to make maps as good as I can. And it's not like you haven't already been through a fair amount of shit for the sake of this project. It just felt a bit out of place that maps that are good enough won't find a place in the final 32.

Anyway Mech... You just keep doing what you think needs to be done, I have no doubt that this will result in a top quality project. :) It was a pretty minor point I was making anyway.

[edit] I am happy to see that the maps that don't make the final cut will still be used tho.

I've got some maps and PMs by now so I guess I can announce the Claustrophobia 1024 Overflow-project. What we'll be doing is take the maps that didn't make it to the main wad, polish them and hopefully manage to release them together with the main wad as one huge community release. :) I volunteered to spearhead this project, so if at any time you get some issues with it, bring them to me, not Mech. :D

Everyone is welcome to join, we could use both people with gameplay polishing skills and skills in detailing. The polishing will be done as a team effort, so even if you feel that you might be good at gameplay but might not be the best detailer or vice versa, there'll probably be something for you to do anyway. :) Because I can't edit the OP in this thread and I don't want to bug Mech to do it all the time, and because I don't want to clutter DW forums with yet an other Claus-thread I took the initiative and decided that the project will be held at my own website's forums. I know that everyone hates having to register on yet an other forum, but if you are interested in participating, please bear with me. :)

Project link: http://www.akinomori.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=548

If you have any questions or comments, please bring them up as soon as possible before we get too far with the project. I'll be updating the map list on the project thread whenever I get more maps from Mech or anyone else, so keep checking it periodically.

@Mech: Could you add some small announcement to the OP here and link to the project thread? Thanks. :)

Something I just remembered about 'the Process:' there's no multiplayer starts. Also, considering the small size of the start room, there'd be no way to fit all of the starts in. :-/

@Kyka: Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as being offended by your post; quite the opposite really. I understand exactly what your saying. In fact that's kind of what I wanted to do when we started Claus the first time around...though I was pretty much completely muffled out by Death-Destiny's ideas on how the project should have been run (so really, it wasn't much of a co-leadership at all). And then when I finally played the Claus alpha he sent me before he left, I decided that another method was needed to accept submissions to ensure quality control. Assigning slots probably would have worked too, but then we would be limiting ourselves to just those 32 slots when we could pick from a larger pool of maps. That idea, hopefully, would mean we could squeeze out even more variety and quality. Well, that was the plan anyways. With my luck it'll probably turn out awful :P

@Jodwin: I'll put up an announcement on the OP right now! I'm also trying to get the rest of those maps to you...it's taking longer than I thought it would.

@KingKill33: Hmmm. Well, since these maps really aren't meant for COOP, you could probably put them just outside of the starting area (or anywhere really). We have to have them because one of the ports can bug out without them (I forget the specifics...but having them in the map is mandatory).

Thanks KingKill!

The OP has been updated pretty heavily. We've got something like 36+ accepted maps and only 32/33/34 slots to fill. So some accepted maps may not make it into the final wad but will instead be pushed into the overflow wad. Sometime soon I'll be going through and marking all of the maps that don't have new music.

Also on the agenda is the collection of information from the mappers so I can start on the readme. I'll be using the Congestion 1024 readme as a template. So here's what I'll need (this includes everyone who did a map, including maps that are in overflow):

Name:
Email:
Other files you've released:
-Map name:
-Short Description:
(If you did more than one map just fill in as necessary)
If you'd like, have your real name next to your online name. Eg. Brett 'Mechadon' Harrell. It's done this way in the Congestion readme, for the most part. Feel free to send the information in this thread, in a PM, or via email. If you don't send me the information before the wad is released, I'll hound you to death in PM or otherwise :P

Yay, my map was used in an argument. No advertising's better than controversy. :P I'm kidding.

So, how will the 36+ maps be sorted out? IMO, there are several maps that are very similar, perhaps you could remove those maps that are very similar in themes/gameplay/or else to maintain the variety of the megawad. I mean, for instance, how many darn Kingkill and Jodwin maps have to be in the project?! :P Not that I'm saying that removing their maps is the only way to go.

Hmm, here's my entry. Hope it's sufficient.

Name: Josh "Joshy" Sealy AKA. "ghost"
Email: joshzfield2001(AT)hotmail.com replacing (AT) with @
Other files you've released: The Hells Grammar School (gzthgs.wad), NewDoom Community Project 2 maps:13,15,27,32 (NDCP2.wad).
-Map names: Assault, Poison Ivy.
-Short Description:
Assault: A quick shootem' map map focused heavily on layout design.
Poison Ivy: The name says it all. A base covered in vines, filled with fast-paced poison-like carnage. Caution: Arch-vile jumpers will be punished.

Joshy said:

So, how will the 36+ maps be sorted out? IMO, there are several maps that are very similar, perhaps you could remove those maps that are very similar in themes/gameplay/or else to maintain the variety of the megawad. I mean, for instance, how many darn Kingkill and Jodwin maps have to be in the project?! :P No offense intended.

First of all, thank you very much for being so prompt with sending your info :]

I really don't know how I'm going to sort all of them out :P. I think I'll probably end up going with what you suggested though. I'd really like to get as many different contributors in as possible, so that may mean that some similar themed maps/multiple maps by the same author may get cut in the end. If anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears.

How about this:
If someone contributes more than one map, the maps get divided. Half go in the actual project, and the others go in the overflow.

Also, I notice some anomalies in Stagnant Depot, so I fixed them. :D
http://www.filesavr.com/kk33-stagnantdepot-version6

Name: Justin "KingKill33" Murphy
Email: dJ_MoBo@yahoo.com
Other files you've released: None
Map name: Stagnant Depot, End of the Line, Complex4K (w/Kyka), The Process (w/Kyka), Power Station (w/Dreadopp), Into Hell
Short Description:
Stagnant Depot: It seems those pesky demons are taking a tip from the homeless and hitching a ride on the next train out of here. Stop their free-loading ways at any cost.
End of the Line: The local supply center has a problem with the unholy and undead. You know the drill.
Complex4K: Those miners never learn. Drilling directly into Hell is never good. Ever.
The Process: There's a disruption in the shipment line on Mount Erebus. It seems all those demonic artifacts we were shipping were tracked down by the demons. Damned UPS.
Power Station: The demons are attempting the cut off power to the civilian stronghold. Stop them before they can weaken our defenses!
Into Hell: You now stand at the mouth of Hell. No one said this will be a cakewalk.

If anyone I worked with has any objections to what I wrote, let me know. :p

Edit: I noticed that 'Complex4K' is called 'Complex4' in the first post. Just nit-picking. :p

Name: Eric "The Green Herring" Baker
Email: eabaker@san.rr.com
Other files you've released: Community Chest 3 (compilation, MAP08/15/27/32), Year 21 -The Vanishing Point-, 32in24-6 (MAP07/13/28), 32in24-7 (MAP04/13), Diet 32in24 (MAP02/16), Plutonia 2 (music)

-Map name: The Warp Facility
-Short Description: A small teleportation facility serves as a quick blast-through. Watch your health!

This is actually based on a skeleton layout I made in September 2007; I resumed and finished work on it in October 2008.

-Map name: Four Rooms
-Short Description: You're stuck in a metal building out in the middle of the ocean. Will you ever escape?...

Speaking of which, status update on Four Rooms: Some texture variation is now in the first three rooms. I'll need to finish up the gameplay tweaks I wanted to do, then I'll post a new version here.

KingKill33 said:

How about this:
If someone contributes more than one map, the maps get divided. Half go in the actual project, and the others go in the overflow.

Edit: I noticed that 'Complex4K' is called 'Complex4' in the first post. Just nit-picking. :p

That is one idea, though I would hate to cut certain multiple maps (like Dutch-Devil's contributions). I'll keep it in mind though :). And thanks for updating your map! I've updated the OP again (I corrected that typo too).

Also, one other thing! If you contributed anything else (demos, music, graphics, etc etc) be sure to note it! I know that some of you made music for your maps, but I'll never know that unless you tell me :P

Joshy said:

I mean, for instance, how many darn Kingkill and Jodwin maps have to be in the project?!
Other files you've released: NewDoom Community Project 2 maps:13,15,27,32 (NDCP2.wad).

:-p

...anyway, I don't really have an opinion on which maps get cut since the removed maps won't really be removed but moved to the overflow wad. It's not like they'd never be officially released, you know. :)

Name (curse you ASCII): Joonas 'Jodwin' Aijala
Email: jodwin(ÄT)gmail.com
Other files you've released: elegyftv.wad, oderesur.wad...
-Map name: Hell Sewage
-Short Description: Uhh...a simple grim sewage base with some nasty fights and an atypical weapon progression. Music is a "punk rock remix" from Link to the Past.

-Map name: Skyscrape IV
-Short Description: 24 routes, Chinese/Japanese space station, tons of voodoo dolls...music is from the Guilty Gear games.

-Map name: Thanatophobia
-Short Description: ROMERO ON RAILS!!!!!!!!!

-Map name: Tekno1000
-Short Description: I hate maps where when you pick a chainsaw, a berserk pack or a ssg a horde of pinkies is let loose at you. That's like the biggest cliche in Doom maps ever. So I used imps.

-Map name: Break the Chain
-Short Description: "You were forced to become a human lab rat working at an orthodox UAC facility where the scientists are testing their latest Berserk Pack technology. As fate had it, while you were sleeping all Hell was let loose and now you're the only man alive. It's time to break the chains and escape from this facility...and maybe save the mankind once again." - That's the story I came up with for this map. Lovely, isn't it?

Some music I found for maps I've worked on (again, if anyone I worked with has any issue with this let me know :D)

Complex4K: http://www.truemetal.org/mysidia/main/mid/uploaded/Fear_Factory_-_Demanufacture.mid

The Process: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Beavbutt.mid

Power Station: http://heavymetalmidipalace.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/rammstein-moskau.mid

The other maps I submitted had music I believe.

Well, here is the first non-beta version of Four Rooms. Much more happens in the third and fourth rooms, but I'm worried that I overdid it. I'm also not sure about how to handle texture variation in the third and fourth rooms, just yet. Regardless, you may download it below:

http://disasterlabs.com/thegreenherring/temp/TheGreenHerring-FourRooms-1.zip

I'm also not sure if I should keep its current title, which is a reference to a 1995 anthology film. Title possibilities I've considered at this moment are:

1. Metal Mayhem (previously mentioned)
  2. Metal Massacre
  3. The Middle of Nowhere
  4. Four Square
I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions on this, as well as the map itself.

Joshy said:
I mean, for instance, how many darn Kingkill and Jodwin maps have to be in the project?!
Other files you've released: NewDoom Community Project 2 maps:13,15,27,32 (NDCP2.wad).

Jodwin said:

:-p

Touche'! But, I gotta add, I finished off map15 for the original author, and I also finished off Map32 for someone, and did most of the map as the quality was lacking. So originally, I would have had two maps... just like this project! :P I hate portraying myself as a hypocrite, so there! My image returns to normal...... ;)

@Green Fish *cough* TGH:

If it's any help, Metal Mayhem sounds pretty catchy and cool. Reminds me of Donkey Kong, they usually had good level names, heh.

EDIT:
Okay, had a play on your non-beta version of Metal Mayhem.
Found one weird bug. Port used: Skulltag software mode.
Massive bleed.

Apart from that, I think the gameplay was a lot better, it looks more interesting too. If I was more picky on gameplay, there need to be at least one teleportation behind-the-player trap, when one of the locked key doors are opened. It's easy to kill the monsters bottlenecked through the door (like the movie 300). You should try and surprise the player, and force him/her to mind his/her surroundings both front and back for one of these door bottling fights. There are nice traps, just one backstab trap would fulfil the map ;). Nice job.

The Green Herring said:

Well, I'm bad with map names, but as for the map it's pretty damn nice now. :) If there's anything to change, then maybe add a stimpack or some armor bonuses to the last room, but that isn't a big issue.

Awesome TGH, I'll check out your update tomorrow. If it weren't almost 7 am here I'd do it now :P

Anyways, I spent the night making updates to my 3 maps. Most of the work I did was trying to make some things less annoying as well as some minor bug fixes/tweaks/and cleaning up....really, just whatever I thought needed working on. Here they are:

http://www.filesavr.com/mek-dimapparatus-v4
http://www.filesavr.com/mek-deadindeadout-v4 (MAP07)
http://www.filesavr.com/mek-sub1024-v2

Few notes:
- Diminished Apparatus has very few changes...nothing particularly noticeable.
- I tried to make moving around/over parts of Dead In, Dead Out a little less annoying. In particular the big skin obstacles in the lava pools shouldn't be much of a problem now.
- Also concerning Dead In, Dead Out, I was going to make the outermost edge of the map impassible so in ports like ZDoom the player wouldn't be able to RJ outside of the map. However I hit a snag; monsters spawn outside of this line (Cacos) and I can't make it impassible without changing where they are spawned. Just letting myself and everyone else know this so I can make a note of it in the readme.
- Subterfuge 1024 has the most changes by far. I tweaked some decor so it's easier to move around in places, I added and tweaked some decor, changed the brick texture to something I liked better, and I bumped up the difficulty of the map. It's probably a low-MEDIUM difficulty now.
- I have no idea where I got the music for Subterfuge 1024 and it's bothering me. If someone can listen to the track and figure out where it came from so I can credit the author appropriately, I would really appreciate it.
- I'm not sure, but this version of Subterfuge 1024 may not work with the current texture resource. I made some updates to the resource while working on the map. If not, don't fret too much. I'm planning on doing the rest of my fixes to the texture resource tomorrow...hopefully for another release.

Feedback and comments are appreciated, as always :D

[EDIT]

@KingKill33: Thanks bud, that's very helpful. I'm not able to download the last two though :[

Also I think I figured out a way to solve the problem with RJing in Dead In, Dead Out (and I almost forgot, there's an Archvile in this map so even in older ports it would be possible for the player to get outside of the main area). I'll just use the same method that I'm using in the map I'm working on :P

Mechadon said:

- I have no idea where I got the music for Subterfuge 1024 and it's bothering me. If someone can listen to the track and figure out where it came from so I can credit the author appropriately, I would really appreciate it.

That's "Breath of Sin" by David Shaw, a.k.a. Tolwyn, which is part of the Requiem soundtrack. (It first plays on MAP03.)

I should also note that v1 of Four Rooms also uses sidedef compression, which is why it's smaller in filesize than the previous version of the map.

Weird thing about that rendering bug is that as far as I can tell, Skulltag is the only source port which exhibits this. The bug occurs because I placed one linedef over another (both PassThru, of course) in order to simulate multiple actions with a single switch without using a voodoo doll. This bleeding does not occur with ZDoom or GZDoom. Even Boom renders that switch without any issues...

Mechadon said:

That is one idea, though I would hate to cut certain multiple maps (like Dutch-Devil's contributions).

I wouldn't mind dropping slots to give someone else an chance to make an map for this, three maps by me is an bit much methinks.

You could bump an few to the overflow maps if its needed, I'm fine with that.

Diminished Apparatus:
Frankly, I hated that red key fight (UV). :( It seems to impossible if you are forced to switch away from the RL for even one ssg shot, and avoiding that is almost impossible since spectres, revvies and lost souls are good at getting past your fire. And once you take them out with the ssg you are suddenly in a corner with two-three barons butt-raping you. :( I'd, first of all, remove the lost souls and replace barons with knights and then still consider removing a few spectres, just in case. Heck, even the first two revenants have pretty good chances of screwing the whole fight if you get hit by a 80-damage missile... Oh right, and move the green armor down from the pillars. Maybe even the RL and rockets, but at least the armor. Pretty please. :(

Other than that one fight the map was pretty nice; I loved how "open" it was and the interconnectivity towards the end was pretty cool.

Subterfuge:
The outside area with the yellow switch is a crime against humanity... ;) You have a lot of good space yet basically no action in the area... Maybe spawn in some imps on the pillars and a demon or two on the ground when you use the switch? That's all I can think of for this map...

Dead in, dead out:
One of the most awesome looking levels I've ever seen, easily. Nothing else to say, good or bad. :/

edit: I wouldn't really worry about rocket jumping, since the maps are for Boom. Worrying about features not included in the "intended" port is like worrying about someone using no-clip to run outside the 1024-area. :P

The Green Herring said:

Call it "Fourplay".

Here's all of my info:
Name: Mike "brinks" Brincka
Email: hehbrinks at gmail dot com
Other files: 32in24-5 (Map05 detail), 32in24-6(Map02, Map24), 32in24-7 (Layouts: Map08, Map27. Detail: Map03, Map14), Diet 32in24 (Map13 detail)
-Map Name: Nocturnal Abyss
-Description: A forgotten UAC base floating within a realm of nothingness.

I also noticed a really minor bug in my map, so here's a new version:
http://www.filesavr.com/brinks-nocabyss-6

Placing linedefs directly on top of each other, though it can render "properly" in some circumstances, is technically an illegal configuration and can result in weird effects like that one that's seen, either in certain ports or renderers or just in general. Since this is a Boom project, it'd be much safer and more correct to just use a voodoo script.

Here's my info:

Name: Ben "Dreadopp" Taylor
Email: skulltagger@gmail.com
Other files you've released: 2 maps for the Ten Community Project, 2 maps for the Heretic Treasure Chest and 1 map for IGPack.
Map name: Handful Of Dread, Trap and Power Station (w/Kingkill).
Short Description: Handful Of Dread: Just a map that displays a small bit of what I am capable of. :)
Trap: Basically, just a small castle type area with a few traps here and there. Find a way out before it's too late.
Power Station: What Kingkill said. :P

I made the REDSHAWN texture and submitted a couple switch textures from Enjay's switch resource (not sure if you some others from there or not).

@TGH: Thank you very much! He shall be credited :)

@Dutch-Devil: Alright, well I'm glad you don't have a problem with that. I'm still not sure if I'm going to use that exact plan to get us down to the correct number of maps though, but thanks!

@Jodwin: Yay, feedback! Ok, let's see:
- Diminished Apparatus: I wanted the red key fight to be the climax of the entire map, but I definitely don't want it to be so hard that it's annoying in UV. For the first part of the fight your meant to dispatch the Revs with the beserk before the monsters start spawning in (fast enough so that you can get the RL to make the fight much easier). One thing I could do is increase the time it takes for the second wave of monsters to spawn in by a little bit so it gives the player more time to deal with the Revs and then grab the RL. I'll also remove some of the Lost Souls and maybe replace some of them with zombies or imps. I can move the armor too :P
- Subterfuge: I realize that this area isn't much in ways of a fight. Originally I was making this an easy/quick map so I didn't want anything too fancy. But when I was working on it last night I bumped up it's difficulty. So I can definitely figure out something a little more interesting for that area.
- Dead In, Dead Out: Glad you like it! I wasn't going to worry too much about RJing in ZDoom at first; I was just going to note it in the readme. But then I remembered that there's an Archvile fight towards the end of the map (just in UV I think). So in theory it would be possible for the player to get blasted outside of the 1024 area. So what I'm going to do is just make the outer edge of the map automatically kill the player if he happens to go across it from an Archvile jump.

@KingKill33: Thanks! I don't know why those pages wouldn't load for me, sorry about that.

@Dreadopp: Thanks and noted :]